The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

nice post, im 42 , former police officer, now a professional bodyguard for celebrities..im playing on ebon hawk, my main toon is Morg'draktul, imperial side only lev 22,feel free to grp with me for quests and heroics.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 38 and I am an investigator. I find people for a living. :rak_03: -- Ex full time police officer but am employed by the department as "on call" now.

I play on Bastion and have 7 level 50s and one level 33. Working on my last char (Operative) then I will have one 50 in each class. Only 8 left to go if I want every class/sub class. I also have a 700-750 presence and my companions break the 10,000 health mark at about level 30. Not to mention they allow me to solo 2/4 heroic missions when on planets most of the time.

Edited by pyropete

• 2 months later...
Im 44, an IT professional since 1990, born and raised in NY, moved to Jacksonville FL in 2004.... My wife, 43, retired from the state of FL, currently a full time TOR player and house wife. I mention TOR first, because since she started to play this game, she cant get anything done at home. lol. Edited by Themanthatisi

I am 41-year-old professor who plays on the Harbinger (and lives in CO). Feel free to find me if you want to group with someone who can speak in complete sentences :tran_tongue:

(Chew-bacco (trooper), As'kikr (shadow), and Franks'n'beans (slinger) are 3 of my 50s).

42 year old fundraiser for a major international non-profit. First MMO, but enjoyed playing KOTOR 1 and 2 when we were running projects overseas. My wife (culinary trainer) and I play rock-paper-lightsaber to see who gets online once the kids are in bed. Oh and our older boy looooves his trooper (which he gets to play if he does all his homework well).

I'm 42, located in Germany, and currently being unemployed, which I hope to be able to change this year (IT area).

In-game, my characters are located on V-Chain.

In terms of video gaming, I'm an adventure games player at heart, second role-playing games. I write Fantasy short stories as my hobby (for about 10 years now, in fact). Did a few SW-related fan-fiction stories, too.

Word-games and word-jokes are my "secret passion", so to say. ;)

Thus I prefer to role-play SWTOR.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Good to see that there is a pack of us old hipsters still running around raising a little hell.

43 here, recently returned back to school to get educated in IT. Before that I was a section manager in the mold injection department of a bottled water company. I just started playing this game recently, but Ive been a fan of MMO's since the mid 90's when Meridian 59 came out.

I have a Sith Assassin at lvl 14 at the moment. Also working up a Jedi Knight and a Bounty Hunter, but that Assassin is too fun to jump on with after a tough day of classes and let loose the lightning... :p

36 (I think). Work as a Critical Care Flight Paramedic in the Canadian Arctic. Spend a month at a time up north, on-call, so I have lots of free time while at work to play. SWTOR is one of my preferred ways to pass the time. All my characters are on The Harbinger. 50 Mara, 50 Jugg, 50 Guardian, 42 Sniper, 40 BH, 38 Sent, and a few lower ones.

It's nice to see an older group enjoying this game.

I'm 64, a retired Systems (IT) Librarian. My 14 year old grandson got me into this a few weeks ago. I'm up to Level 28 with a sniper and still struggling. I'm a lot slower than my grandson, but I tell him age and treachery trump youth and beauty any day.

All you guys claiming to be oldsters. Geez, my oldest kid is 40!

Did anyone start a Geezer Guild? I haven't gone through all 50 pages of the thread. I mean, there's a game to play and all!

Edited by MSchuyler

I'm 64, a retired Systems (IT) Librarian. My 14 year old grandson got me into this a few weeks ago. I'm up to Level 28 with a sniper and still struggling. I'm a lot slower than my grandson, but I tell him age and treachery trump youth and beauty any day.

All you guys claiming to be oldsters. Geez, my oldest kid is 40!

Did anyone start a Geezer Guild? I haven't gone through all 50 pages of the thread. I mean, there's a game to play and all!

I don't believe anyone actually started a Geezer Guild. We are spread across the SWTOR universe.

I belong to a guild that has an over 18 age requirement though. We seem to attract quite a few players over 40. A 59 year-old friend and I group with one of the 40-somethings on a regular basis. He said that he never felt especially young around us until we started talking about Woodstock and the first moon landing. It was epic.

Please send a PM if you would like more information. I don't want to muddy up this thread with recruiting info. I do tend to get carried away...

I hope everyone is still enjoying the game. It's awesome that there are so many of us out there.

Age and treachery FTW!

Xay

Hello Gramps, I'm in your yard messing up your grass!!!

I'm probably one of the oldest ppl as I was from the 50s and have had a Black and white TV that our family watched and went in to and around all 5 branches of the Military. What i'm is i'm Retired but would love to try and get 1 if i could. I don't like the newer Generations, as they seem to be getting worse with each Generation and ppl rely on Technology way to much as my morals and values are a LOT Different is is an understatement at best. My jobs I had before don't exist and cannot talk about them, or i could, but lets just say they were Classified and that's 1 reason why I mostly love how Star Wars is.

Someday and even now we Technology that is/was in Star Wars. I think ppl would be amazed at what Classified stuff we have, ppl wouldn't believe that a lot of Secret stuff is from Star wars itself and Star Trek to. :)

I have even read most books and Comics on Star Wars to. Yes even 60+ year olds and even ppl in their 80s love year olds and up love these things to. My main problem is, that i have a very bad Temper heheh.

Edited by MandFlurry
Need to Edit

Last month I saw all of the stuff on the Moon, not just some of it like we didn't see, and it made me cry actually.

I hated ppl from Woodstalk, when i was in a War in the 60s. dumb arse idiots changed everything. The Hippie, and so-called Peace movement I hated to because I look at how this Country is now, and it's crap.

Edited by MandFlurry
Edit

Last month I saw all of the stuff on the Moon, not just some of it like we didn't see, and it made me cry actually.

I hated ppl from Woodstalk, when i was in a War in the 60s. dumb arse idiots changed everything. The Hippie, and so-called Peace movement I hated to because I look at how this Country is now, and it's crap.

You mean "Woodstock." I'm about your age, I would guess. And I do not agree with your political assessment. Indeed, this thread was originally about older people playing the game and the possibility of a guild oriented to older players. Not that I presume to have any say in a thread that has gone on for dozens of pages and is pretty well spent, but I appreciate information on SWTOR and guilds.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly 10 years older than the first movie that I saw on my birthday, and had the joy of episodes 1- 3 coming out with Anikin being the same age as my son. We played pod racer together sitting in the p-47 chair my uncle snuck out of an Air force base in the 50s. Of course I rub it in that I can afford the good computer and connection plus the sub. He has told me he wishes Yoda never said the "say not - do" because there is no comeback for it.

I do not get the old thing. In my teens in Memphis my guitar teacher played in the box tops and showed me the guitar he was working on. It was for the cars guitarist, he was not old he was cool and someone who loved every minute of his life. He also told me there is extreme joy to be found at every age you just need to look for it. I raced bikes in my 20 competitively and still ride both cross country and at a incredible free ride are we have here. In my age group our winning times rank in the top 5 pro-elite in local races. Of course some of these guys raced at international level - lol. I have friends 10-25 years older than me and 10-25 years younger than me. Its an adventure that I want to travel with others.

I guess the difference is now maybe hopefully, I have something to pass along like some of those did for me.

Im 69. I own an island on pacific ocean and managing a trillion dollar company. I wrote constitution of the island i own. I order the tribe living on island to wear and act like jedis. We are all playing together on supercomputers. Edited by kijthae

47 Years old (48 in 2 months).

Been in the IT field since 1983, when I graduated high school and went into the Marines (MOS 4034). OohRah

My first RPG was Wizardry on the Apple IIe back in 1981. Loved it (don't like the Wizardry MMORPG).

Got into Online RPG's with EQ1 (that was a great game). My 2 daughters got into it as well.

I now work in IT for Fortune Magazine's #6 best places to work in the US (and #3 world wide).

My wife plays MMORPG's as well... but I haven't converted her over to SWTOR yet... she's 61. How cool is that?

Well, not to old that i can have watched Woodstock... but not to young to like Justin bieber... hehehe

i have 32, 2 kids, and i work in IT, 2 jobs.. one is governmental, the other a take care of a radio station here in my country...

but, the majority of my colleagues, just freek out when i say that i go home to play a video game!!!!!

A few years shy, a wee 43 this August. Executive Support by day in NGO Community Service, and Gunslinger/Trooper/Jedi by night. SWG was my first MMO, which I picked up for $5 at the local computer store many years after its release (NGE). Spent 3 months in space on those darned perpetual duty missions until I realised how to start my adventure (thanks for the help Wiki). Hooked my partner and 16 year old daughter into SWG, and now SWTOR, and here we are today with 24 toons between the 3 of us on 'The Harbinger'. Great post. Loved reading it. Brought back many memories from back in the day. It's refreshing to know you are all out there :) If a guild eventuates, I'd be interested!

So I will qualify to be part of the club in 6 months, saw the original Movie at the drive in. So that should give me some "cred".

And I work as the Commercial Manager on a multi million dollar Project in the Telecommunications industry.

Showed this post to my wife and said "see I'm not the only one"

Cheers

Edited by Snippit_Thomas

So I will qualify to be part of the club in 6 months, saw the original Movie at the drive in. So that should give me some "cred".

And I work as the Commercial Manager on a multi million dollar Project in the Telecommunications industry.

Showed this post to my wife and said "see I'm not the only one"

Cheers

I showed this post to my husband and said the same thing! He is not a gamer and thinks I'm crazy for playing a "kid's game."

Here is a conversation that we had shortly after I started playing SWTOR:

Husband: How did you get a chat window into the game?

Me: That's how I communicate with the guy I'm running with. His name is T.

Husband: Wait. There is another person playing with you?

Me: <Points to T.> That's T. He's the one I'm talking to.

Husband: You are telling me that T is an actual person?

Me: <ROFL> Yes, T is an actual person. <Points to other players.> These are all actual people.

Husband: How did they get all those people in there?

Me: <LMAO while glancing at husband> It's magic Honey.

He really didn't quite get that I was playing with honest to goodness actual people until I started using mumble...

Xay