What use is the Legacy family tree?

DoctorBeckett

I use it to list my toons so I can see what their names are when I need to send mail back and forth.

Naturally it also allows me to send legacy bound items to my other characters.

AND...if I am not mistaken it allows those characters to use legacy attacks during your heroic moment.

Edited by LordArtemis

Most people to this day don't get that sometimes for us healers all those titles (like the legacy surname) make it harder to heal them. So, next time u are in a pvp match and u don't get healed, is coz

the healer couldn't find ur azz (clicking on the ops window on ur name might do the trick, but sometimes

u are LOSing the healer). So, if I see "Darth Darth Legacy lololol Link to the Jedi's Covenant Dark Past Best Pilot SX Legend Oricon Legend Dread master of the Universe", I can't find u quickly on the ops window at all, get it in ur head,tvm (what should I look for? Are u Darth, or Link, or lololol, or Dark, or maybe composed DarkPast?)

And think of it, it's 8 vs 8, so besides me the healer, and maybe only one, there are 7 other guys using a fracking long name...

Next time, name ur character Cloud or Sephiroth and be done with it and disable titles if u wanna get healed in important moments, coz there are ohter 7 or 6 guys needing healing too.

Most people to this day don't get that sometimes for us healers all those titles (like the legacy surname) make it harder to heal them. So, next time u are in a pvp match and u don't get healed, is coz

the healer couldn't find ur azz (clicking on the ops window on ur name might do the trick, but sometimes

u are LOSing the healer). So, if I see "Darth Darth Legacy lololol Link to the Jedi's Covenant Dark Past Best Pilot SX Legend Oricon Legend Dread master of the Universe", I can't find u quickly on the ops window at all, get it in ur head,tvm (what should I look for? Are u Darth, or Link, or lololol, or Dark, or maybe composed DarkPast?)

And think of it, it's 8 vs 8, so besides me the healer, and maybe only one, there are 7 other guys using a fracking long name...

Next time, name ur character Cloud or Sephiroth and be done with it and disable titles if u wanna get healed in important moments, coz there are ohter 7 or 6 guys needing healing too.

Wait/What you mean there are healers:eek: OMG learn something new everyday...:D Just a note:I give mvp vote and BLTs for heals.

Edited by well

As a healer I strongly agree with this though Legacy titles being a different front size and on a different line from the name are not an issue.

Edited by demotivator

I actually use the tree to keep track of the names of my alts, so that I know who to send stuff to. Like I sent an assault cannon to a character I plan to play later, and I forgot how I spelt his name.

Pretty much this, I have them neatly arranged, republic on one side, imp on the other, there is some kind of structure, putting my older/main chars in the middle, but I don't care about the supposed meaning of the relations, just what effect they have on the char's placement.

Ideally, we could drag&drop stuff from our inventory to the characters in the family tree, and the game would automatically send them by mail. But soon legacy storage will replace mailing stuff anyway. (I hope)

Pretty much this, I have them neatly arranged, republic on one side, imp on the other, there is some kind of structure, putting my older/main chars in the middle, but I don't care about the supposed meaning of the relations, just what effect they have on the char's placement.

Ideally, we could drag&drop stuff from our inventory to the characters in the family tree, and the game would automatically send them by mail. But soon legacy storage will replace mailing stuff anyway. (I hope)

This could have actually been such a great - if not wonderful - idea when they first introduced the Legacy family tree.

You know what really would have been cool? If you could access any of your characters in the tree and transfer items from one to the other, like you are in your Jedi Knight and you just got a nice drop for your Scoundrel, go to tree, click on scoundrel, compare gear and replace if needed.

Or maybe you should be smart enough to intuit what the character's actual name is. It really isn't that hard.