Best Two PVP Classes?

crasiat

In my opinion, the two best PVP classes are Scoundrels/Operatives' healers and Shadows/Assassins' tanks. You cannot beat stealth and vanish in PVP. A stealth class can defend a node longer than any other class while waiting for help, and you can always vanish, heal and go back to the fight again.

Additionally, Scoundrels/Operatives' healers are the most mobile healers. Their unlimited under 30% health instant heal combined with the other HOTs and moving around columns make them very hard to kill.

Shadows/Assassins' tanks have lots of tools, including pull, knock back, sprint, 10 meter range, decent damage, and that new teleport ability among others.

I am writing this because I would love to play a Sage in PVP but I get so frustrated when I get killed so fast. I rarely die with my Scoundrel's healer. I think all classes are balanced for PVE but in PVP the two above-mentioned classes rule.

Definately not sins.. I have a sin and an Op both lvl 50 atm until the actual release of 2.0 for the rest of us.

Ops may be pretty good for pvp imo.

The sin may aswell not even be a stealth class, they have no real stealth opener like the Ops have, then they get knocked out of stealth way too easy, and try to cloak during a fight , 9 times out of 10 you are gonna get outed anyhow.

I been playing my op since day one, and I am a seasoned pro at that class, I could just be a bad sin because I hardly ever play it.. but IDK it's def not easy for somebody just picking it up that is for sure.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

Like others have said, it does really depend on the role you'd like to play.

Mercs/commandos got a noticeable buff. Smash is still hitting hard and if you have any two stealth classes attacking you while you are guarding a node solo, expect to die nearly instantly. Otherwise, if you call for help, via VOIP or chat, expect your health to be pretty low already.

• 1 month later...

I just finished lvling my sage - Been playing Assassin before hand. I miss the options stealth give in terms of ninja'ing things, but outside that I find that sages are a fine class that can perform very well, and got a good arsenal of tools to work with.

Heres two vod's from some streams I did while gearing to partisan, so keep in mind that I am pretty undergeared, I am by no means the best or even close at playing sage, but hopefully it can help you with your decision on wether or not to try out sage for pvp.

Vod 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/upzie84/b/414641798

Vod 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/upzie84/b/412452901

Definately not sins.. I have a sin and an Op both lvl 50 atm until the actual release of 2.0 for the rest of us.

The sin may aswell not even be a stealth class, they have no real stealth opener like the Ops have, then they get knocked out of stealth way too easy, and try to cloak during a fight , 9 times out of 10 you are gonna get outed anyhow.

I been playing my op since day one, and I am a seasoned pro at that class, I could just be a bad sin because I hardly ever play it.. but IDK it's def not easy for somebody just picking it up that is for sure.

Sins don't need their stealth opener, but they do have one if you want one similar to operative, I don' t know the name but I hear the ability is best used as "stealth re-opener".

I haven't learned the class yet, just been derping around on it but I think its one of the harder classes to learn to get the full potential out of them.

With the big hits they do, in middle tree especially together with defense abilities, they are the best 1 v 1 / 1 v 2 spec currently imo. Nice class for the solo que-er.

Next to that operative healing.

Edited by Jorojus

I would disagree with you. they do a lot of damage as far as an opener you just need to learn the rotation. I would jump on the shadow forum look around and ask for some help. It is a great PvP class.

Shroud yourself before you vanish, you'll be cleansed and resist some incoming aoe. Make sure force speed is up and run off in a direction that isn't so obvious. Getting away isn't a simple button push, you need to plan escapes. Sin is NOT easy to play really well, it's easy to burst people sure but there is a lot more to the class. I use more buttons on my sins and shadows than anything else.

Sins don't need their stealth opener, but they do have one if you want one similar to operative, I don' t know the name but I hear the ability is best used as "stealth re-opener".

Spike, and yes I don't open fights with it often. There are times, like stopping a cast or wanting to delay someone in combat. But most of the time I find it best served as my post-vanish opener. I use vanish offensively way more than I do defensively unless an objective is at stake. Saving spike for mid battle is better because you've already got the element of surprise on your side in the initial opener. It's not hard to do the same amount of damage on someone as you would with spike before they react. Plus I don't like loading people's resolve at the start of the fight when I really don't need to.

Edited by Mordeguy

• 2 months later...
In my opinion, the two best PVP classes are Scoundrels/Operatives' healers and Shadows/Assassins' tanks. You cannot beat stealth and vanish in PVP. A stealth class can defend a node longer than any other class while waiting for help, and you can always vanish, heal and go back to the fight again.

Additionally, Scoundrels/Operatives' healers are the most mobile healers. Their unlimited under 30% health instant heal combined with the other HOTs and moving around columns make them very hard to kill.

Shadows/Assassins' tanks have lots of tools, including pull, knock back, sprint, 10 meter range, decent damage, and that new teleport ability among others.

I am writing this because I would love to play a Sage in PVP but I get so frustrated when I get killed so fast. I rarely die with my Scoundrel's healer. I think all classes are balanced for PVE but in PVP the two above-mentioned classes rule.

first, a stun and quick dps is enough to take out a scoundrel/operative, a dot pretty much takes out the stealth problem, third, my sage does awesome in pvp and heals for a lot, as well as putting force slow on a target then force speeding out of range of their attacks whenever my heal is running low and quickly using force mend to heal myself.

Anyway I definitely agree on the assassins being great, though I think I like assassin dps better than tanking, I do better critical damage and burst damage as a deception dps.

I would avoid using a PT DPS or a merc healer. Other than that though, I feel like most classes are well balanced for pvp and if you know how to play them well and gear appropriately, you can rock it.

My favorite currently are Op Heals, Sorc DPS and PT Tank.

I've got a well geared assassin DPS that can hit for over 11k and get strong numbers at the end of a match, but I just don't enjoy playing him. Melee DPS can be painful. My op is more fun to play lethality if I'm going to go melee and has higher sustained.

Sorc Madness DPS is just fun to play, it's not OP, but it's fun. A Jug might be able to tank just a little better than my PT, but I just hate playing a warrior. Personal playstyle thing.

One tip for your sage/sorc, is you can get your 360k heal medal with ONLY bubbles. Try running around like an operative and bubbling only for a match, you'll be surprised.

It's a different type of healer, but it can be very effective and survivable with practice. Stacking power and 75% surge and it's like a fire hose of heals. If you're getting targeted too much, stay back farther and use your instant casts only, if you're stopped, make sure you're standing in your puddle.

I'd love to say Op is the best healer, it's my preference, but I think a sorc in capable hands can lay down similar heals and stay alive as long in most situations. I did the same heals as 2 sorcs combined in a match today, but thats because they ran in, sat down in the middle and then tried to heal. I stood back and healed them from the outside, they got beat up not because the class, but because they thought they were tanks.

If you want to play competitively, you probably will wan to avoid the Shadow for now. They are solid node defenders uses the tank build in DPS gear but with ranked WZs about to become a thing of the past and the arena's not having nodes to defend... If you want to play a tank go warrior, hell if you want to play a melee DPS go warrior. Shadows can be fun in normal WZs :)