Maintenance: October 10th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 10th in order to apply Game Update 5.5. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 10 October 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 10:00AM PDT (1200 - 1700 GMT)

VERSION: 5.5

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for patch on my birthday day .... + i start 3 days later Umbara flahspoint. Hope you dont have plan to ruin entire week for me again.:rolleyes:

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Dude, it's always someone's birthday. And the extending the patch, it's not meant to inconvenience people on purpose.

Well we will see. On last month when i started Iokath, day before that was fixing patch who give us 10 hours serwers offline. When i played KoTFE chapters same situation. Patch in the middle chapter 3 Outlander (ofc whole day, not only 2-3 hours like should be) and cant done it until next day after long patching and troubleshootings. I just have hope this time i will have nice week what i was waiting for long time. Sorry for my bad english.:cool:

You're right, this is all about you, I'm sure they had Oct 10th highlighted in their calendars too: "Reminder: Trlance birthday. Make sure to issue a patch. Cookies if it's broken and takes the servers down". Edited by nyrkverse

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 10th in order to apply Game Update 5.5. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 10 October 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 10:00AM PDT (1200 - 1700 GMT)

VERSION: 5.5

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Is the double xp event starting with this 5.5 update?

Will the CXP-gains on Daily-areas be toned down again, or stay at the current level?

Quite frankly: it should stay like that. While I do agree that using the CXP boost and efficient (and tedious) farming you really climb the ranks real quick, but then again you can only do it for so long.

Right now I don't use boosts and just casually do a daily now and then, which really makes the CXP gain worth the while: you feel rewarded and the speed is resonable.

Will the CXP-gains on Daily-areas be toned down again, or stay at the current level?

Quite frankly: it should stay like that. While I do agree that using the CXP boost and efficient (and tedious) farming you really climb the ranks real quick, but then again you can only do it for so long.

Right now I don't use boosts and just casually do a daily now and then, which really makes the CXP gain worth the while: you feel rewarded and the speed is resonable.

I'm pretty much in this camp. I stopped doing dailies daily and started doing them when I felt like it. It made the process less grindy and more rewarding.

If I just felt like doing Ziost that was worth maybe 1 or 2 levels. If I felt like doing Yavin, it was good for about 4-5.

So whatever I felt like doing some progress was made. With the old amounts I could all the dailies and maybe get a level at best.

Well they did say "on Monday" (Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here. ) and it's barely Monday to them. Way early for anyone to be in the office. I usually start checking around noon Central Time, US.

THIS.... it's like 9:40am Central time here now. They're probably still fighting over the coffee machine now. ;)

Well they did say "on Monday" (Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here. ) and it's barely Monday to them. Way early for anyone to be in the office. I usually start checking around noon Central Time, US.

Don't link it then, the simple method is to say patch notes will be up later.

For heaven sakes. Provides a link for you to use and you grouse about it.

Sheesh.

There will always be some that look for something to complain about. prove the link, they complain, don't provide the link they complain.

I sometimes think if some people don't have something to complain about then they are not happy.:p

There will always be some that look for something to complain about. prove the link, they complain, don't provide the link they complain.

I sometimes think if some people don't have something to complain about then they are not happy.:p

I have a relative who is like that. He just isn't content unless he's grousing about something. Go figger.

Is the double xp event starting with this 5.5 update?

Don't think so. In the Q&A I think Keith mentioned that all daily areas go back to awarding 75CXP per quest from tomorrow? We are getting a new legacy perk for CXP iirc. The actual double event comes with 5.5.1 on 8th November according to the schedule. Which is probably why all the daily areas were packed today.

Nearly 8pm in the UK - any sign of the patch notes?

Don't think so. In the Q&A I think Keith mentioned that all daily areas go back to awarding 75CXP per quest from tomorrow? We are getting a new legacy perk for CXP iirc. The actual double event comes with 5.5.1 on 8th November according to the schedule. Which is probably why all the daily areas were packed today.

Nearly 8pm in the UK - any sign of the patch notes?

Damn! I was hoping to be able to do some powerlevelling

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Little bit of bad news, patch notes won't be available today. Working through some final issues, especially around localization. You can expect to see them live following tomorrow's maintenance. Apologies for the delay, I know you are eager to read them!

-eric