life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't. Just "Life Day" cartel packs and items (for a limited time only).

That was kind of my point. Why are people whinging about there not being any event? You have more things to buy in the Cartel Market and a new Warzone to play around with. Just take it for what it is and get on with it.

Assume makes an... you get the point.

;)

If Bioware have an ounce of sense they'll be furiously coding this as we type.

Having said the they still haven't fixed the CE banner for existing characters yet so...........

Also it's no use having an event for these after people have bought them, again that is profiteering of the worst sort.

Assuming "Life Day" is something like X-Mas, the entire concept is secret gift giving. If one chooses to indulge before the day of celebration, it's not anyone's fault but their own. F2P might want to buy these packs and sets under the anticipation of not being able to participate in any subscriber event, but as a subscriber I'm not buying squat until I find out if I'm getting it for free later. And if I don't, and I really want said items, then it only takes a matter of minutes to hours to purchase some CC and get the items before they poof.

All I'm really getting at is, it's ultimately too soon to tell what could be in store for us subscribers. Everyone is raging over 1.6 patch notes introducing the items to the market near the beginning of the month. There's still plenty of time for Life Day's mythical figure to leave me a gift of some sort since I've been a good little boy and have a monthly subscription.

Well, BW did say in last week's live stream with the devs that they'd be providing new items for the CM as part of Life Day. Nobody said anything back then.

Actually, I'm rather surprised at the naivety and lack of foresight regarding this f2p system. The moment BW announced that subbers were to be given a certain amount of Cartel Tokens, everybody who knows a little bit about this kind of system should have concluded that the times where the 'good new stuff' is included in your sub fee are over.

Welcome on the slopes of Mount Micro Payment! And boy are they going to make you climb it!

This is just phase 1: Spend all your Cartel Tokens on useless fluff and stuff. Very soon you'll find items and unlocks in the store you will actually need for a full game experience. Of course you can get them as a subber....if you save up three months of tokens. But if you want to play it NOW, you'll have to cough up extra money for it.

F2p in this shape is a slow poison that will steadily seep into the bloodstream of the entire game. There is no real antidote. All you can do as a subber is to save your monthly tokens in order to be prepared for phase 2......or you pay up or shut up.

Edited by ThrillInstructor

I agree that the fireworks and life day celebration items is getting heavy on the camel back, and it's getting close to the last straw for me.

I left Wow because I felt that my subscription was paying for the development of Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 instead of real content for the game, and I have been patient with SWTOR for a whole year, but the direction the game seems to be taking is bad.

Lately I had been thinking to ask friends to try the free option, but somehow this latest patch just woke me up...

Assuming "Life Day" is something like X-Mas, the entire concept is secret gift giving. If one chooses to indulge before the day of celebration, it's not anyone's fault but their own. F2P might want to buy these packs and sets under the anticipation of not being able to participate in any subscriber event, but as a subscriber I'm not buying squat until I find out if I'm getting it for free later. And if I don't, and I really want said items, then it only takes a matter of minutes to hours to purchase some CC and get the items before they poof.

All I'm really getting at is, it's ultimately too soon to tell what could be in store for us subscribers. Everyone is raging over 1.6 patch notes introducing the items to the market near the beginning of the month. There's still plenty of time for Life Day's mythical figure to leave me a gift of some sort since I've been a good little boy and have a monthly subscription.

So that you can see and look at items on the Cashshop is not "secret", yet for some reason that you would be able to get them later in an event would be "secret"?

Sorry I just don't follow the logic there, unless they are trying to trick people into buying them from the Cashshop.

Either way 4 months worth of subscriber coins for ONE pack for ONE character is far too costly.

All you can do as a subber is to save your monthly tokens in order to be prepared for phase 2......or ypu pay up or shut up.
Or you go play something else and whine about everything they do until something else comes along... lather rinse repeat. So far, I haven't seen anything made available in the Cartel Market, that was fundamental to the gameplay, that I haven't been awarded for free courtesy of my subscription. If this changes, then I will leave. Until then, I will enjoy my game and continue to pay my subscription, awarding me all the perks and privileges and fundamental gameplay aspects that f2p has to unlock with micro transactions.

Well, BW did say in last week's live stream with the devs that they'd be providing new items for the CM as part of Life Day. Nobody said anything back then.

Actually, I'm rather surprised at the naivety and lack of foresight regarding this f2p system. The moment BW announced that subbers were to be given a certain amount of Cartel Tokens, everybody who knows a little bit about this kind of system should have concluded that the times where the 'good new stuff' is included in your sub fee are over.

Welcome on the slopes of Mount Micro Payment! And boy are they going to make you climb it!

This is just phase 1: Spend all your Cartel Tokens on useless fluff and stuff. Very soon you'll find items and unlocks in the store you will actually need for a full game experience. Of course you can get them as a subber....if you save up three months of tokens. But if you want to play it NOW, you'll have to cough up extra money for it.

F2p in this shape is a slow poison that will slowly seep into the bloodstream of the entire game. There is no real antidote. All you can do as a subber is to save your monthly tokens in order to be prepared for phase 2......or ypu pay up or shut up.

People had (quite rightly it seems) fears that F2P/Cashshop would quickly turn into this.

In fact when the Life Day cashshop items were mention there were threads on this very issue.

However I don't think anyone in their worst dreams back then thought they would cost SO much.

4 months worth of subscriber coins per pack (or per character) is an amazingly high price. :mad:

(and you simply CANNOT "save up" as these are "limited time" items)

Edited by Goretzu

IT's all good. I don't want to grind out thousands of comms for the space stuff, glad it's on the cartel.

It's so massively NOT all good its not even funny. Nobody likes to grind and grind but don't u think you should be able to earn space stuff? rather than use your credit card and beat all the missions by tonight?

Or you go play something else and whine about everything they do until something else comes along... lather rinse repeat. So far, I haven't seen anything made available in the Cartel Market, that was fundamental to the gameplay, that I haven't been awarded for free courtesy of my subscription. If this changes, then I will leave. Until then, I will enjoy my game and continue to pay my subscription, awarding me all the perks and privileges and fundamental gameplay aspects that f2p has to unlock with micro transactions.

The space mods are, for space anyway.

But quite simply I've never seen a MMORPG traditional subscription model or F2P/Cashshop Freemium model where you have to pay for holiday items, never mind pay 4 months worth of subsciber coins for per character. :eek:

I do not participate in the silly on rails space game so it doesn't affect me at all. I will patiently await the much anticipated SSSP that will be announced sometime in the near future.

Well disreguarding that it's (SSSP) likely to be co-op on-the-rails (arriving in late 2014), given what we've seen here do you really thing they wouldn't P2W and Jump to Lightspeed expansion? :(

I agree that the fireworks and life day celebration items is getting heavy on the camel back, and it's getting close to the last straw for me.

I left Wow because I felt that my subscription was paying for the development of Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 instead of real content for the game, and I have been patient with SWTOR for a whole year, but the direction the game seems to be taking is bad.

Lately I had been thinking to ask friends to try the free option, but somehow this latest patch just woke me up...

The worst I foresaw was them making you pay for Life Day items at maybe 1/4 of the current cost. I'm totally shocked that no only have they gone this route, but pushed the costs to such an extortionately high levels. :eek:

Edited by Goretzu

well who do you think is going to pay for the f2p crowd ? the investors ? ea employees ? of course "we" subscribers will have to make up for that as well. on top of that --> it's ea, it's not some other company, it's THE company known for screwing customers.

That was kind of my point. Why are people whinging about there not being any event? You have more things to buy in the Cartel Market and a new Warzone to play around with. Just take it for what it is and get on with it.

Assume makes an... you get the point.

;)

Because some of us want something to do for holiday (Like other MMO do) rather than being told you have pay to have any fun. Beside if they were cheap I wouldn't mind but to get the bundle for one character it is 2,400 CC and that on sale (as apparently it supposed to be 3780). You can’t tell me that isn’t ridiculous high? If the life orb, etc were for all character on server, that might be fair.

So that you can see and look at items on the Cashshop is not "secret", yet for some reason that you would be able to get them later in an event would be "secret"?

Either way 4 months worth of subscriber coins for ONE pack for ONE character is far too costly.

First and foremost... I know what a PS3 looks like. I can even go to the store now and buy one. Doesn't change the fact that it's a secret if my wife got me one for X-Mas this year, if I don't know that's what she got me. The gift is the secret, not necessarily what the gift could possibly be.

Secondly, where does this 4 months worth of sub coins for ONE pack for ONE character number come from? What are we considering a pack here?

A full set of gear is 960 CC. That's a smidge less than 2 months for me (I've been getting 500/mo, is this not right?).

A "Blockade Runner Cartel Pack" is 360 CC. That's less than 1 month for me.

I do see that you can buy the whole daffy kit and kaboodle, not sure if I'd call that ONE pack, since it's actually a collection of many packs, for an obscene amount of CC. Rather misleading if that's what you're referring to there though, since it's in fact about 5 packs... I rather like their word usage "bundle".

But no one is forcing you to buy the whole kit and kaboodle here. Do you really need some tinsel bombs? And a holo tree? Ok, so the holo tree is sort of cool, but obtained on it's own for a lot less than the whole frakkin bundle. My point being that if you want everything and the kitchen sink, expect to pay a lot for everything and the kitchen sink, but don't make it sound like you have to pay for everything and the kitchen sink just to enjoy this event.

With 1 month of cartel coins awarded for my subscription, and a small 4.99 micro transaction, I can obtain the unique equipment! Yay.

With that same one month, if I didn't want to spend 4.99 more for a full set of unique equipment, I could instead try my luck with a cartel pack, and possibly get at least one piece of the equipment, and some other snazzy stuff! Yay.

1 month of cartel coins also buys a lot of fireworks and festivities if "participating in a holiday event" is all I really care about, as so many have claimed their disgusted about having to pay for.

If my 15 current speeders (number exaggerated for dramatization) just don't excite me anymore, I can spend a little bit and get a fun new unique speeder! Yay.

All of these listed things are currently less than 4 months worth of awarded Cartel Coins. And some of them even have the word "Pack" in their name.

And again, there's no telling what <Mythical Life Day Figure here> might leave in my mailbox on Life Day itself, if anything...

Edited by Nythain

The game is back up. The life robe is just a big solid red get-up. It's nothing new, and it's solid red. The new speeder is comically Christmas. To me, they have no value. My expectations were higher than this...

I warned. Do some datamining and you won't be surprised with the future cartel pack / market content :/

I rarely post on forums (seriously, look at my join date and post count)

But I have to agree, I do see the whole "Cash shop" as annoying, but alas, it's the bad bits of MMO's that people are grasping onto and pinning their hopes and futures for it, I see it in Star Trek Online, went there, they thrust lockboxes at you to make you buy keys for them, ships over there costing what I get a week in welfare in the UK (currently jobless, hoping that changes soon), and I have not played WoW, but I hear people going on about it happening there.

I was in EVE Online before I lost my job, I was there during "Monocle-gate" as it's called.

But there is one thing I see that Bioware has done right so far, so far, is that the cash shop is NOT a pay-to-win, it's a pay-to-look.

I do hate the cash shop system that MMO's are getting, but I am glad that Bioware has gone with the lesser of two evils in their MMO, as trust me, if this game was a pay-to-win, PvP would be worse than it is now, and people would be moaning about content, from what I see an hear in Fleet local chat, it's often people moaning about PvP Content and players who have not learnt the game properly.