Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Yeah like actual player skill. I can only think of two times I have ever heard of macros being used. One was an auto click for when stun bubbles were all the rage and the other being something similar for teams grabbing a huttball. Both not very common. But if you want to think that every premade is using some sort of macro for executing precise rotations and instant interrupts and what have you than go ahead. With the GCD being 1.5 seconds scripts aren't needed.

Wow, we're still pretending? So all abilities respect the GCD? Really? You sure about that?

Skill only matters when everything else is equal. That's why they have weight divisions in BJJ and MMA. Anthony Pettis is one of the best pound for pound fighters out there. He's a decent BJJ Purple Belt as well. Guess how well he would do against Jr. Dos Santos? Yeah... he would get murdered. In the IBJJF they match you up by Gender, Age, Weight, Rank. The Mundials have literally hundreds of brackets.

Same with PvP. You can take 8 people, fully geared, in the same room, with hacking tools and put them against a team of random people (who aren't cheating) and tell me the difference is skill. Does skill matter? Sure it does... when everything else is equal.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, we're still pretending? So all abilities respect the GCD? Really? You sure about that?

Skill only matters when everything else is equal. That's why they have weight divisions in BJJ and MMA. Anthony Pettis is one of the best pound for pound fighters out there. He's a decent BJJ Purple Belt as well. Guess how well he would do against Jr. Dos Santos? Yeah... he would get murdered. In the IBJJF they match you up by Gender, Age, Weight, Rank. The Mundials have literally hundreds of brackets.

Same with PvP. You can take 8 people, fully geared, in the same room, with hacking tools and put them against a team of random people (who aren't cheating) and tell me the difference is skill. Does skill matter? Sure it does... when everything else is equal.

Damn l33t hacks.

Damn l33t hacks.

It's not even a big deal if you have two pre-made teams, equally geared, using the same/similar macros. But that's not the problem. The problem is people q'ing for pugs and getting face rolled by little armies of sooper leet doods.

Funny... this doesn't happen during certain times of the day. Say... when school is in session :/

It's not even a big deal if you have two pre-made teams, equally geared, using the same/similar macros. But that's not the problem. The problem is people q'ing for pugs and getting face rolled by little armies of sooper leet doods.

Funny... this doesn't happen during certain times of the day. Say... when school is in session :/

High school kids giving you a hard time?

The lengths to which people will go to not take the blame for their own under-production is astounding. If you keep losing over and over again, perhaps you need to take a longer look at your own performance, your own decisions, and your own playstyle. Everyone does not hack, if you think the reason you died was because of a hack, you will be wrong 99.99999999999999999% of the time. Same goes for macros. FRAPS your matches, rewatch what you did, and learn from your mistakes.

The lengths to which people will go to not take the blame for their own under-production is astounding. If you keep losing over and over again, perhaps you need to take a longer look at your own performance, your own decisions, and your own playstyle. Everyone does not hack, if you think the reason you died was because of a hack, you will be wrong 99.99999999999999999% of the time. Same goes for macros. FRAPS your matches, rewatch what you did, and learn from your mistakes.

Nope it's all the hacking premades of 8 players stomping hard working casuals. This is why games are more tolerable in the morning/afternoon because they're all in skool.

Again, NOBODY believes this. Like I mean nobody believes it. Even the other people trying to make other people believe it don't believe it.

I could care less if I lose. I could care less if I'm the worst PvP player in the world. Nobody has an issue with that. The issue is when you have team after team after team of "Allies" with 4 kills each and then team after team after team of "Enemies" with 40 kills each.

Everyone knows you're going into the PUG Q with a premade team. Everyone knows that your cheating. Everyone knows that this has nothing to do with skill. Nobody believes otherwise.

This thread is hilariously stupid, and sounds like 1950s theories about martians or some propaganda ********.

"The premade is a dangerous and vile species. Roaming in packs, and dripping blood from their gingivitis-ridden fangs, the premade seeks out only the newest and nicest players to attack. A preeminent sociologist has this to say about them...." (cut to guy pointing at a chalkboard)

Edited by Joesixxpack

Again, NOBODY believes this. Like I mean nobody believes it. Even the other people trying to make other people believe it don't believe it.

I could care less if I lose. I could care less if I'm the worst PvP player in the world. Nobody has an issue with that. The issue is when you have team after team after team of "Allies" with 4 kills each and then team after team after team of "Enemies" with 40 kills each.

Everyone knows you're going into the PUG Q with a premade team. Everyone knows that your cheating. Everyone knows that this has nothing to do with skill. Nobody believes otherwise.

Nobody believes that hacking is a rare thing or no one thinks that forming a premade isn't cheating?

These teamjoining advocates, typically quick to sling immature ad hominems and insults, are really defensive about the players and developers having an honest look at what teamjoining ringers are doing to unranked warzones. They have a place: it's in ranked warzones. They just prefer to stack the deck in their favor and go against pugs because they know how that's going to turn out.

They seek to terminate the conversation. "/thread", and "This has already been discussed; it's old and settled." that sort of thing. That's not looking to be honest, that's looking to convince other people not to look at what they're doing.

These teamjoining advocates, typically quick to sling immature ad hominems and insults, are really defensive about the players and developers having an honest look at what teamjoining ringers are doing to unranked warzones. They have a place: it's in ranked warzones. They just prefer to stack the deck in their favor and go against pugs because they know how that's going to turn out.

They seek to terminate the conversation. "/thread", and "This has already been discussed; it's old and settled." that sort of thing. That's not looking to be honest, that's looking to convince other people not to look at what they're doing.

Listen kid, you're trying to fight this in two threads now, and you still don't get it.

You're late to the party, this has been discussed, your point is moot.

You're beating a horse that decayed long ago. Just because the "I lost" butthurt is new to you, doesn't make the discussion change. MMO's are multiplayer games. Multiple players want to play together. That's how it goes. Get some friends, and try it sometime.

Nah. The vast majority of my queue time is solo pub-side on an imp-heavy server, and I think it's a dumb idea. BTW your post sounds just like what my post above is describing.

Listen kid, you're trying to fight this in two threads now, and you still don't get it.

You're beating a horse that decayed long ago. Just because the "I lost" butthurt is new to you, doesn't make the discussion change. MMO's are multiplayer games. Multiple players want to play together. That's how it goes. Get some friends, and try it sometime.

/thread.

This topic is quite on point to my own earlier post in the thread I started and I wanted to lend my support to this one.

That's bad according to you though. It's like there's two people with similar ideas that go against your own preference and that plurality is a threat. So you come here to sling ad hominems at me here too.

That's a really weak argument.

And don't call me kid. I would reckon I'm probably twice your age.

Indeed. Since premades are 4 players max, why should their enjoyment ruin the fun of the other 12 players?

I don't know I bet the 4 pugs on the premades team don't mind too much and assuming there isn't a group on the other side (which we all know is never the case and it's always a double premade vs 8 randoms so I don't even know why I'm brining it up since this is all common knowledge).

LOL, nobody believes this. Nobody at all. You can pretend all you want. But having eight people all queue together and giggle over on the Macro Goblin forums about how they are all so souper amaze bahlzz for clicking one button while they run in circles is killing PvP for everyone else.

Oh no wait... you are so masterful that you can interrupt a channeled ability within a microsecond and heal and run in circles and attack all at the same time. All eight of you. Oh OK. Everyone else should just stop being so bad and learn their class. Oh OK. Yeah, everybody believes that.

So you lost to a bot following a set routine, but you aren't bad? Hilarious.

Show some videos, or even combat logs of this "cheating". Or go on twitch.tv, there are hundreds if not thousands of recorded matches, I'm sure you can find lots if what you claim is true.

Indeed. Since premades are 4 players max, why should their enjoyment ruin the fun of the other 12 players?

Maybe the other 12 players should be able to have fun even if they're not winning. Or, as mentioned, if they're getting rolled and they can't handle it - pause in the queue to get out of the premades rotation or simply do something else. Play GSF, or PvE, or whatever until the storm of premade has passed.

Or...play anyway, get better, and get in your own premade. Or, continue to be mediocre, like me, and play with friends.

Winning isn't everything, but losing does kinda suck. When it does, why bang your head against a wall? Switch toons to the other faction and join the winners. That's what the premades do. That's why the guys with super high win/loss ratios have them - when they see insurmountable odds, they relog to another toon.

Premades will never go away. never. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. :p

So you're 62?

If you're that old you'd be smart enough to read the thread you're posting in to see if your ideas haven't already been slaughtered.

It's a 649 page thread FFS. You mean to tell me you read it in its entirety? And I'm still older than you.

Look, you can troll up as many snarky one liner insults as you want but you're not winning any minds with such stunts.

It's a 649 page thread FFS. You mean to tell me you read it in its entirety? And I'm still older than you.

Look, you can troll up as many snarky one liner insults as you want but you're not winning any minds with such stunts.

I don't have to win minds. The battle's over. As I said.

I didn't need to read the thread in it's entirety. Just kept track of it as it progressed from the beginning. Same ideas pop up. Same conversations. Same champions of internet justice, like yourself, trying to combat the awful evil premades.

I don't have to win minds. The battle's over. As I said.

I didn't need to read the thread in it's entirety. Just kept track of it as it progressed from the beginning. Same ideas pop up. Same conversations. Same champions of internet justice, like yourself, trying to combat the awful evil premades.

Exactly! This thread has had the same comments made by different people since its inception. Every time a new special snowflake comes along and gets beat in a wz they have a convenient place to come blame it on a premade instead of their own lack of skill. That is why the thread is still open.