Unsubscribe.

Oreget

You are not losing your mind. The same thing is happening to me. My subscription has lapsed and yet I am still locked in as a subscriber with no cancel button. I have tried to PM Keith but no answer so far.

Awesome, you get the benefits of a sub and don’t have to pay :rolleyes:

It’s the new F2P model

Awesome, you get the benefits of a sub and don’t have to pay :rolleyes:

It’s the new F2P model

This made me laugh. It has been about 2 weeks or so now, I have been subbed since launch and decided I was no longer doing anything that needed a sub so I would try going preferred. I bought all the unlocks one could ever want, and readied myself. But no, I am still a subscriber.... I put in a ticket and was told ring customer services, which I may end up doing eventually, and P.M'd Eric just to ensure the powers that be are aware there is a bug at the moment, and will wait and see how long it will take for someone to hit the right button.

Going by the threads here and on reddit, we are not alone in having this "problem", and I would think there are bound to be those who keep on playing and hope no one notices, or left and haven't logged in to realise they are still classed as subscriber.

This made me laugh. It has been about 2 weeks or so now, I have been subbed since launch and decided I was no longer doing anything that needed a sub so I would try going preferred. I bought all the unlocks one could ever want, and readied myself. But no, I am still a subscriber.... I put in a ticket and was told ring customer services, which I may end up doing eventually, and P.M'd Eric just to ensure the powers that be are aware there is a bug at the moment, and will wait and see how long it will take for someone to hit the right button.

Going by the threads here and on reddit, we are not alone in having this "problem", and I would think there are bound to be those who keep on playing and hope no one notices, or left and haven't logged in to realise they are still classed as subscriber.

I think this is what they mean when they say a "Happy problem".

• 1 year later...
So the level cap is 50 for preferred. If I subscribe once and my subscription ends before a character reaches that, am I screwed or what? Also if a character only gets to 57 before subscription ends, does the cap stop it there or am i good?

So the level cap is 50 for preferred. If I subscribe once and my subscription ends before a character reaches that, am I screwed or what? Also if a character only gets to 57 before subscription ends, does the cap stop it there or am i good?

you're good forever, until the next expansion hits which is in a few months.. then there is a new 5 levels you have to sub again to unlock.

• 6 months later...

Apparently the site does not have a conventional unsubscribe button. Not only that, but the actual support page for Subscriptions gives out plain false advise.

1) They are as follows: "Start by logging into your account on swtor.com.

2) Click on Subscriptions in the Account Management sidebar to the right of the screen.

3) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Cancel your subscription.

4) Follow the prompts to complete your subscription cancellation."

There is no such button on the bottom screen. To ACTUALLY cancel your subscription, use the Subscribe Now button on the top left of the site page and delete your payment method. That will do the job. Very disingenuous and EA like. Probably an attempt to siphon out more money from their customer base without them being aware. Another good game blemished by bad EA tactics. Who-da thought.

Apparently the site does not have a conventional unsubscribe button. Not only that, but the actual support page for Subscriptions gives out plain false advise.

1) They are as follows: "Start by logging into your account on swtor.com.

2) Click on Subscriptions in the Account Management sidebar to the right of the screen.

3) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Cancel your subscription.

4) Follow the prompts to complete your subscription cancellation."

There is no such button on the bottom screen. To ACTUALLY cancel your subscription, use the Subscribe Now button on the top left of the site page and delete your payment method. That will do the job. Very disingenuous and EA like. Probably an attempt to siphon out more money from their customer base without them being aware. Another good game blemished by bad EA tactics. Who-da thought.

You're right. There is no button. It's a link, not a button, but you have to scroll *all* the way down to the bottom of the page that you get when you click "Subscriptions" on the left in the My SWTOR section of the site.

You'll see a line that says:

(Symbol with two gears) If you wish to choose the Free-to-Play option you can (gap) Cancel your subscription

The "Cancel your subscription" part of that line is a link.

if you *still* don't see that, that means that the problem noted above has returned.

You're right. There is no button. It's a link, not a button, but you have to scroll *all* the way down to the bottom of the page that you get when you click "Subscriptions" on the left in the My SWTOR section of the site.

You'll see a line that says:

The "Cancel your subscription" part of that line is a link.

if you *still* don't see that, that means that the problem noted above has returned.

I guess it's too hard for them to add an actual "unsubscribe" button. I had this issue a few months back I couldn't find the unsubscribe option. It's very non-intuitive how they have it set up.

I haven't unsubscribed for now but I have copied the steps and side notes here.

"Not enough Content" 2nd from the bottom.

6.0 Shoulda been really a big deal, all the talking about about and saying "Wait till, so great". Maybe if it was separate from the gear changes so it could've been... More. Then the gear parts later on.