When can we TRANSFER OFF?

laffingseals

I' ve been watching the population since we went F2P and our server hits Heavy at peak times and every now and then we'll see a Very Heavy. I've had no problem getting decent ques on both 50 and pre 50 PvP. I've also seen several old players starting to return with the launch of F2P and can anticipate more coming back with the new Expansion.

We may not be able to constantly que back to back at all times of the day, but we have a decent sized population with some really good pvpers. At times we que with PUGS that have no clue what they are doing or people with crappy attitudes, but it isn't extremely common. On one of the other non RP-PVP servers you will see that increase. We all chose to come to an RP-PVP server for the better community and that has paid off.

I' ve been watching the population since we went F2P and our server hits Heavy at peak times and every now and then we'll see a Very Heavy. I've had no problem getting decent ques on both 50 and pre 50 PvP. I've also seen several old players starting to return with the launch of F2P and can anticipate more coming back with the new Expansion.

We may not be able to constantly que back to back at all times of the day, but we have a decent sized population with some really good pvpers. At times we que with PUGS that have no clue what they are doing or people with crappy attitudes, but it isn't extremely common. On one of the other non RP-PVP servers you will see that increase. We all chose to come to an RP-PVP server for the better community and that has paid off.

I agree with this. I don't understand this "pls let us move bandwagon."

Source?

http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-old-republic-%E2%80%93-state-game-2

Topic #3: Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS) – What is taking so long? Answer: As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

Why transfer off? This community is quite alive and well - since 1.3 everyone has been demanding it because of low population. But since the introduction of the cartel market and recent additions, its more alive than ever. There is no need to transfer off unless you are fed up with your progress or the community. Pvp varies on every server, queue and skill wise.

When are people gonna stop and relize its a rp-pvp server one thing that makes these sorta servers great normally a small loyal playerbase for the most part why we rpers who love the pvp element like them.

I don't think people care. They want off because the population sucks on the republic side.

Not everyone is interested in Sith RP which is usually limited to:

The dark side role play is simple. SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH, then the student betrays the "master" then it is back to SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH, and more Sith.

Edited by Gritfiend

Wow i read that your server hits heavy to very heavy and you want off.

Try being on a APAC server which are not even super servers and our pop rarely reaches standard.......

I don't agree with OP but I want to point out what's wrong with your logic there.

Just because some people are homeless, doesn't mean others aren't allowed to want more than a tent.

Try being on a APAC server which are not even super servers and our pop rarely reaches standard.......

not everyone wants off because of population but for other reasons.

It's not a population problem, it's due to the lack of competent pvp'ers on the empire.

Edited by micnevv

I don't think people care. They want off because the population sucks on the republic side.

Not everyone is interested in Sith RP which is usually limited to:

The dark side role play is simple. SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH, then the student betrays the "master" then it is back to SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH,SITH, and more Sith.

If you think that that's all Sith RP is... please stay Republic Side. :rolleyes: I RARELY see Sithy RP (Though I am sure its out there). Coming from a Mandalorian RP clan, We deal with them as contractors, but we also deal with JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, student gets elevated to Knight then it's back to JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, and more Jedi.

Yet that's not the RP on Republic side either. SerraTek Industries is an Imperial-loyal Corperation... Clan Epsis is a non Sith Mandalorian Clan... there are many more out there.

Seelund Trading Co., Moe's Swoop Garage, and Alpha Company are Republic alligned, non-Jedi RP guilds (by Non-Jedi I mean they don't soley do Jedi stuff, I think)... logic dictates that there will be guilds on the Imperial side that avoid such RP story arcs as well. That is not to say that the JEDI and SITH RP is absent... it's just not the SOLE RP you can find on either faction, respectively.

Broaden your horizens grasshopper.

If you think that that's all Sith RP is... please stay Republic Side. :rolleyes: I RARELY see Sithy RP (Though I am sure its out there). Coming from a Mandalorian RP clan, We deal with them as contractors, but we also deal with JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, student gets elevated to Knight then it's back to JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, JEDI, and more Jedi.

Yet that's not the RP on Republic side either. SerraTek Industries is an Imperial-loyal Corperation... Clan Epsis is a non Sith Mandalorian Clan... there are many more out there.

Seelund Trading Co., Moe's Swoop Garage, and Alpha Company are Republic alligned, non-Jedi RP guilds (by Non-Jedi I mean they don't soley do Jedi stuff, I think)... logic dictates that there will be guilds on the Imperial side that avoid such RP story arcs as well. That is not to say that the JEDI and SITH RP is absent... it's just not the SOLE RP you can find on either faction, respectively.

Broaden your horizens grasshopper.

Uh oh, you fed it.

People that are like, "The server population is fine and Q pops are rolling." I cant help but notice that these people who said that arn't apart of any ranked team. Yea you can get Q pops with the new free to play people. Im sure they would love to have you. But you guys arn't realizing that ranked warzones havn't changed. Credit Shot, Dark Legion Empire, Immortal, Coordinated Confusion (sometimes) are the only guilds that really Q. Yes there is occasionally an imp team but rarely. Other guilds will say, "hey man you left us out we Q!!" But quing up for ranked 1 a month isn't putting you in that group.

Why do you people want to leave? I mean whats the reasoning?

Remeber at lauch the servers were over crowded? We ( the player comunity) complained to the Dev's that they needed more servers because of the server population, so the opened more servers. Then the many servers became ghost towns, and we cried that we had no one to play with. The instituted transfers, first by choice then by force. Why should they let us leave? I have already transfered once, I don't wish to be forced off again. I was perfectly happy on Ajunta Pall. I like the newer buffed population and the nice community here. As a side note that is a bit off subject, we the gaming community asked the Dev's to create a RP-PVP server. There was none before we complaind that we wanted one. Why with any reason should the Dev's give this thread a glancing look, thingsare better and we are *****in' about our server improving?

Why do you people want to leave? I mean whats the reasoning?

Remeber at lauch the servers were over crowded? We ( the player comunity) complained to the Dev's that they needed more servers because of the server population, so the opened more servers. Then the many servers became ghost towns, and we cried that we had no one to play with. The instituted transfers, first by choice then by force. Why should they let us leave? I have already transfered once, I don't wish to be forced off again. I was perfectly happy on Ajunta Pall. I like the newer buffed population and the nice community here. As a side note that is a bit off subject, we the gaming community asked the Dev's to create a RP-PVP server. There was none before we complaind that we wanted one. Why with any reason should the Dev's give this thread a glancing look, thingsare better and we are *****in' about our server improving?

Short answer: Everyone is different.

Long answer: Not everyone is you. Not everyone is satisfied with what you are satisfied with. Not everyone likes the things you like. Not everyone wants the same thing from the game you want. Some people want a more competitive PvP community. Some people want a more active PvE community. Some people want a more active RP community. Some people want to play with their friends on other servers.

:rak_02:ok?

People that are like, "The server population is fine and Q pops are rolling." I cant help but notice that these people who said that arn't apart of any ranked team. Yea you can get Q pops with the new free to play people. Im sure they would love to have you. But you guys arn't realizing that ranked warzones havn't changed. Credit Shot, Dark Legion Empire, Immortal, Coordinated Confusion (sometimes) are the only guilds that really Q. Yes there is occasionally an imp team but rarely. Other guilds will say, "hey man you left us out we Q!!" But quing up for ranked 1 a month isn't putting you in that group.

Heh.... We queue fairly regularly. And we get instant pops. It helps to be able to coordinate with other guilds, maybe have bracket systems where people with full *insert gear type or expertise cap here* get in one team, and people trying to gear up get in another so the matches are fairly equivalent. SerraTek and Clan Epsis do this frequently. We set up rated nights amongst ourselves and queue two imp teams. We just don’t have the gear, the dedicated team composition, the desire, and/or the experience to compete at an RWZ level and so we find a work around. If we can figure it out, I’m sure you guys can too.

If you wanted it more competitive (which I think you do), just organize a night to queue. Four teams isn't even a bad turnout either. Did you expect more? In WoW RBGs, it was a similar feel; we'd get 3-5 teams regularly queuing against us. It’s also akin to the number of guilds that can tackle Nightmare Mode on a regular basis, I'd imagine (though I can't say for certain). It takes a lot of coordination, dedication to one character, and a drive to PvP that doesn't fit a large demographic of this server. I'm sorry an RP-PvP server can't bring you dedicated PvP like a PvP server could have.

However opening the flood gates for four (possible) guilds that want to move off server to enjoy more competitive PvP isn't the best choice. People will leave even if they're already happy with the server, just because they're afraid that with transfers off the server, it'll be a ghost town.

What I personally hope they do is open a multi server ranked queue system; that would incentivize people to remain (because you’d be competing on a larger scale). It would mean nearly instant queue pops for both Ranked and unranked matches. They are adamant against doing this, but I see this as an unavoidable future for even PvE.

Short answer: Everyone is different.

Long answer: Not everyone is you. Not everyone is satisfied with what you are satisfied with. Not everyone likes the things you like. Not everyone wants the same thing from the game you want. Some people want a more competitive PvP community. Some people want a more active PvE community. Some people want a more active RP community. Some people want to play with their friends on other servers.

:rak_02:ok?

well put.