Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Solo-only ranked queue pretty please.

No premades, no 1h+ queue, no excuses.

Solo queued teams will get wrecked in rated by organized, coordinated teams. You would only enjoy it long enough for a queue to pop and then you would hate it and never use it again.

EDIT: Just read the SOLO-ONLY part and that's just as bad. I'll leave that part up there for people who want a solo queue in general. But for you... a solo only queue defeats the purpose of competitive PvP. Ranked is meant for competition and your solution is to fill it with casuals?

Shoot me now...

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solo queued teams will get wrecked in rated by organized, coordinated teams. You would only enjoy it long enough for a queue to pop and then you would hate it and never use it again.

EDIT: Just read the SOLO-ONLY part and that's just as bad. I'll leave that part up there for people who want a solo queue in general. But for you... a solo only queue defeats the purpose of competitive PvP. Ranked is meant for competition and your solution is to fill it with casuals?

Shoot me now...

Solo means non-competitive now? oh LoL

Where are premades supposed to go? If players are too afraid to queue for rated, then the premades have to queue for normal.

It isn't the premade that is the problem. *anyone* can make a premade. I was in a PvE guild that used to say "HEY LETS GO DESTROY PEOPLE IN PVP." and queue up a 4man premade in their PvE gear and they'd get wrecked because they sucked at PvP.

The only way to balance it is for your premades to be better than their premades. And no one is crying when they are on the winning side.

Shoot me now...

As long as a solo-only ranked queue includes matchmaking of some kind, then I could see it being fine. Just because someone wants to queue solo doesn't mean they can't be competitive, it's just a different type of competition. If it is going to be like ranked warzones now where you just go against whoever is queued, then there really isn't a point and there will just be more complaining about losing due to terrible teammates. Unfortunately, having separate factions and no cross server queuing renders this idea moot.

This is a joke thread right? I run solo and couldn't disagree with the OP more. WZ's are team matches, premades only help teams to play with more cohesion and you get them on both sides.

It sounds more like your complaints is because you have terrible gear, so man up and gear up!

Edited by Simbr

Solo means non-competitive now? oh LoL

Aren't we complaining about pre-mades ruining it for solo queues here?

That's because pre-mades are coordinated, organized and communicating... so yes... in comparison solo is not competitive when comparing to pre-made groups. Not even close.

Unfortunately, having separate factions and no cross server queuing renders this idea moot.

It all comes down to this...

I would have no problem with separate queue's if the population could support it. Options are good... the more the better normally. But it just won't work and cross server isn't coming any time soon, which makes arguments like this useless. I don't think the players who are grouping up and using the system as intended should have to suffer because people refuse to group up.

Aren't we complaining about pre-mades ruining it for solo queues here?

That's because pre-mades are coordinated, organized and communicating... so yes... in comparison solo is not competitive when comparing to pre-made groups. Not even close.

Most complains (not mine, I don't mind premades even though I solo queue 99% of a time) are that solo queuers/causals/bads, whatever the name, feel that facing a premade/people with beter gear/using voice comms is unfair. It should fix that unfairness, wouldn't it? It would also allow people to more realistically asses their current level of ability. Team ranked would be still top-of-the-top for pros in pvp-guilds like you, but for :foreveralones: like me, solo-only ranked would give us more fair or "competitive" environment to play in.

Works in other games, dunno why shouldn't it work in this one.

Edited by BlaadG

Most complains (not mine, I don't mind premades even though I solo queue 99% of a time) are that soloqueuers/causals/bads, whatever the name, feel that facing a premade/people with beter gear/using voice comms is unfair. It should fix that unfairness, wouldn't it? It would also allow people to more realistically asses their current level of ability. Team ranked would be still top-of-the-top for pros in pvp-guilds like you, but for :foreveralones: like me solo-only ranked would give us more competitive environment to play in. Works in other games, dunno why shouldn't it work in this one.

Populations and no cross server. Like I said above... I would be all for it if it wouldn't hinder the war zone Q pops. Options are good. It just won't work with the current game design.

Most complains (not mine, I don't mind premades even though I solo queue 99% of a time) are that solo queuers/causals/bads, whatever the name, feel that facing a premade/people with beter gear/using voice comms is unfair. It should fix that unfairness, wouldn't it? It would also allow people to more realistically asses their current level of ability. Team ranked would be still top-of-the-top for pros in pvp-guilds like you, but for :foreveralones: like me, solo-only ranked would give us more fair or "competitive" environment to play in.

Works in other games, dunno why shouldn't it work in this one.

I think MRJ brought this up earlier, but what game are you playing with a solo-only queue that is team based? FPS don't have solo-only and I really haven't played any other MMOs so I don't know if they do. If you have an example of one and how it works that might help your case out.

Populations and no cross server. Like I said above... I would be all for it if it wouldn't hinder the war zone Q pops. Options are good. It just won't work with the current game design.

Yes, that idea probably should not be implemented before cross-server queues.

Which should have been implemented long time ago, goddammit BW.

Edited by BlaadG

i think if they did 4 man ques for RWZs that the problem would be solved. Im not against pre-mades in UN-RWZs, i que with a group 90% of the time. since ranked PvP is basically dead rite now beacuse the 8 ppl required to q, 4man RWZ ques would potentially fix it because more groups would be queing up, and less pre-mades in UN-RWZs.

just my thought.

Edited by Rerkk

I think MRJ brought this up earlier, but what game are you playing with a solo-only queue that is team based? FPS don't have solo-only and I really haven't played any other MMOs so I don't know if they do. If you have an example of one and how it works that might help your case out.

I've never seen one in an MMO and I think the only game that has a population to support it would be WoW.

And actually now that I think of it... MW3 DOES have an option to not allow groups. It's been a while but that is the ONLY game I can think of that has it and well.... again, it can only get away with it because of it's high population.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I am not sure how you can have internet and not have heard about LoL.

Again.... population to support it. I always forget about that game and I don't know much about it.... but I KNOW it has a much higher population base per server than this game.

Again.... population to support it. I always forget about that game and I don't know much about it.... but I KNOW it has a much higher population base per server than this game.

Let's not try to make this game better, because pop is too low. If we leave it as it is population can only grow, rite?

As I said before: yes, cross-server WZ queues should have been in game when first servers were being shut down.

Edited by BlaadG

Let's not try to make this game better, because pop is too low. If we leave it as it is population can only grow, rite?

It would anger more than it would please under the current design. It would only hurt populations... not help them.

RIFT.

Rift has cross-server queues. Solo queues (which are also matched based on gear), and grouped queues for all things premade. It makes PvP sooooo much more enjoyable. If I'm in a group of guildmates on Vent/TS, we get into the group queue against other grouped players. If not enough of my guildmates are online and I just want to grind out some Prestige (Rift's version of Valor), I can queue solo without worrying about some premade farming us at spawn, and on top of that, I'll be queued into a match with/against players of a similar gear level to my own, which also eliminates the "Recruit vs WH" issue in this game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you can also choose which WF (Warfront) you queue for, unlike the random WZs we get here.

Edited by Mournblood

Enjoy your 45 minute queue times.

Maybe for people premading. The last 3 days I've not been grouped with a single premade in the 50s bracket and I'm almost done with my weekly with just a few hours played. Don't think I faced any premade either or perhaps they just sucked because there were no roflstomping at all going on. Some warzones were infested with quitters though because they were unhappy when there were one or two recruits on the team.

I still think that the 50s normal bracket should be split in two. One upper and one lower bracket. The lower bracket allows for a total gear rating of maybe battlemaster (just add all the rating mods/armorings/enhancments/augments/etc until you get stock battlemaster rating). It also allow you to group up with 1 one friend that fulfills the gear requirement. If he is overgeared or you field 3 or 4 players then you enter the upper bracket. It should make it easier for recruit people gearing up which probably most QQ comes from.

Maybe for people premading. The last 3 days I've not been grouped with a single premade in the 50s bracket and I'm almost done with my weekly with just a few hours played. Don't think I faced any premade either or perhaps they just sucked because there were no roflstomping at all going on. Some warzones were infested with quitters though because they were unhappy when there were one or two recruits on the team.

I still think that the 50s normal bracket should be split in two. One upper and one lower bracket. The lower bracket allows for a total gear rating of maybe battlemaster (just add all the rating mods/armorings/enhancments/augments/etc until you get stock battlemaster rating). It also allow you to group up with 1 one friend that fulfills the gear requirement. If he is overgeared or you field 3 or 4 players then you enter the upper bracNket. It should make it easier for recruit people gearing up which probably most QQ comes from.

I think it has to be done eventually. Once premades start stomping all over free to play new players, they will quit and walk away.

If the juggernaut that is WoW had to do it then its a pretty good lesson in what happens if you leave it be. The truth of the matter is a premade is practically twice the team that a bunch of solo players can form. If a team of 4 or more queues they need to be placed in their own queue.

*Sigh* And people wonder why America's going down the dumps...

In Japan they too have these things called "Casual Gamers." Guess what...

... THEY PLAY CASUAL GAMES!

Edit: Like "Hello Kitty Adventure" and "Angry Birds."

Yeah casual gamers play casual games like wow and swtor. Maybe you found the wrong game to PvP in?

MMO's didn't use to be "casual." Should prolly check your facts on that one.

Nothing ever changes am I right? I don't think you have the right to complain since you have admitted you can't find 7 similarly minded friends to queue exclusively for RWZ. If you aren't a casual gamer you should be able to put the time in with similarly minded people to do the real endgame PvP content. Until then enjoy your casual bracket since it does the finding 4 more friends to PvP with for you.