Launch downtime reminder - new servers incoming

StephenReid

quick question, I'm on the west coast, will I be able to play after 8PM PST or will I be locked out until official launch at 12:01AM PST?

The launch is at 12:01 am EST,which is 11:01 pm cst and 9:01 pm PST.

The 8;00 pm pst looks to be a typo and should be 9:00pm.

Edited by Khirra

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to pay for a month of time in order to get your free month. they gave everyone a 2 day grace period for shipping issues.

You have to add a payment method and select a subscription plan but you don't pay unless you don't cancel.

Everything's synced to EST as our official 'go' time. That means that yes, you'll be able to play after 9PM PST (12AM EST/5AM GMT/6AM CET).

Bear in mind, we'll see a rush of players right then.

Edit: confused by my own timezones! That should be 9PM PST, not 8PM (EST -3 hours). Corrected original post. Sorry!

thanks for the response!

you need to pay for a month of time in order to get your free month. they gave everyone a 2 day grace period for shipping issues.

Nope they only authorize your card for $1 to make sure it is valid then you get your free month after your first 30 days then they will start to charge you for the subscription!!

No offense intended just a correction:)

Everything's synced to EST as our official 'go' time. That means that yes, you'll be able to play after

8PM PST (12AM EST/5AM GMT/6AM CET).

I agree with the earlier post. There seems to be some kind of confusion. If the game will launch at 12:01am EST, then the PST wouldn't be able to play until 9pm PST NOT 8pm. There is only a 3 hour difference between West and East coast.

Or am I missing something?

You may want to post a correction before the rage posters on here start to lose their minds over this...

Edited by Jaavik

Nope they only authorize your card for $1 to make sure it is valid then you get your free month after your first 30 days then they will start to charge you for the subscription!!

No offense intended just a correction:)

Then I hope the paypal issue for subscriptions has been fixed (since it's currently not working). And as for the queues? I'm kinda hoping they do allow some transfers to even things out, tbh. :)

Paypal is fixed because I have my recurring Sub ready to go.

Wish they would address the damn Queue issues though. Re-rolling is not an option for most players, our first and main character is our identity and we have put too much effort into it already.

Transfers (free or paid) and remove the underclock on your server populations

The Fatman needs to improve. My guild was assigned to that server and its too good to just up and leave it to go to a less populated server. Easy solution to that is give out free character transfers from that server to select underpopulated / new servers to even out the population. That way Players who want to change servers can and the players that need to stay dont have to wait an hour in que, lag to death and deal with the ninja looting jerks on quests ( as much >.>) Edited by sithjunky

Will there be a day one patch? Possibly one that let's us turn on AA and change the view distance to something other than max without having to futs around with an .ini file?

^^^ THIS ^^^

I actually want to turn up all the eyecandy I can. Does anyone have all the .ini graphics settings posted somewhere if there is not a patch to add more graphics controls? Thanks.

Tonight at 12:01AM EST we are officially launching Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Even with these additional servers we are expecting queues on the most popular servers, and these queues are likely to persist for a while yet. We are monitoring them closely and raising population caps where necessary, however this is a careful process that is ongoing. Our servers do not have unlimited populations and we want every server to have a healthy population during and after launch.

If you are joining the game for the first time during this launch period, or if you are looking for a lower population server to play on, now is the best time to create a character on a new server. We would strongly advise anyone joining the game to not attempt to create a new character on a server that is listed as 'Full', unless you are comfortable with the potential for queues to enter the server.

We would strongly advise anyone joining the game to not attempt to create a new character on a server that is listed as 'Full'[/b], unless you are comfortable with the potential for queues to enter the server

Please don't be one of these who wants to join a Full server, our Ques are already long enough

Edited by JayNal

Everything's synced to EST as our official 'go' time. That means that yes, you'll be able to play after 9PM PST (12AM EST/5AM GMT/6AM CET).

Edit: confused by my own timezones! That should be 9PM PST, not 8PM (EST -3 hours). Corrected original post. Sorry!

You should also fix the article that links to this thread. Probably the facebook post too

Not true. You get 1 month of game time when you purchase the game, then after the 1st month you have the recurring fee.

I really hope that when the servers come back online, Taris will actually be playable. Getting lagged out and stuck every time I open the map or select anything on the mission log is really annoying, and has made the planet unplayable.