LiveStream Event #2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Cathar and Alien species. Cathar are meant to be the first legacy / Cartel species. Daniel Erickson said we would see more species before the end of the year. What is the hold up with Cathar is new dialog being recorded to make many of the Imperial Taris quests make sense for a Cathar as well as a number of other quests. Are any other species being considered for the Cartel shop if so what species and when will we see them if not why not?

Question: In 1.6 we will see another warzone. Currently I do not play War Zones due mainly to Expertise the only way to get good PvP equipment is to do PvP. Without good PvP equipment you are at a very big disadvantage in PvP so I dont want to play it. Why have PvP and PvE gear, why only supply PvP gear (other than recruit 1 and recruit 2) with PvP coms and why is there no meaningful world PvP?

It has been more than four months since Bioware posted threads on the forum soliciting feedback for the various classes. However, despite sixteen pages of overwhelmingly negative feedback about the Sith Sorceror we are yet to receive a response from anyone at Bioware.

My question: Do you intend to continue ignoring the feedback that you asked for or can we expect a response from you at some point in the future?

The Gear Mod System was supposed to be TORs way of allowing us to create our won custom looks for ourselves and out companions. The problem is its not really fully implemented which creates a lot of roadblocks. I get that some of it is worry about people pulling mods out of gear making Artifice and Cyber tech useless, which they kind of are anyhow because you throw cheap mods at everyone all over the place, you could avoid it by not allowing mods that came in the crafted gear to be pulled.

When are you going to open up the slots on all gear, no matter the quality, and open up belts and bracers at all levels, and remove class restrictions from gear so it can be used on companions?

1) Legacy - needs some serious new loving - Legacy Bank/Cargo Hold would be a great start.

2) Fix Bounty Hunter and Troopers sound issues, animations and general quality of life issues...is it just me or are both classes overheating like they are fresh toons. No other class seems to run out of steam like they do and I do know how to rotate their abilities - I don't want spamming tracer missiles but by using different weapons I don't want to be taking penalties that mean you take the options off your rotation altogether like now.

3) Makeb when???? - Its like talking to a child about Santa coming and its only the middle of Summer - why do it to us?! We are all really Kidults aftrer all who love their toys and games!!

4) Promise me speach bubbles are NOT going to be a feature - I hate this idea and those that keep pushing for it.

5) Lvl 50 pvp - There has to be some better way of having fun here. I only got into PVP at 50 with my main toons and all that happens is I get owned over and over by people in full War Hero gear - choked and stunned repeatedly leaving me at the bottom of the scoreboard meaning slim chance of gaining enough experience to get good gear myself. Would it not be better if all armor here was equal and that the rewards you earned were to pimp your gear in general or give other rewards that could be used in game. There is no balance in it and it causes superior people to grumble too and bail when they someone like me show up!!

My self along with a lot of others have been seriously questioning your motives behind some of the more recent PvP changes. People think you went in the opposite direction from the resolve issue (which I thought was fine prior to the change). Also with changes made to the rage/focus tress which some thought was fine as is yet you made it easier to play and put out the biggest AoE hits and attacks in general. Now it will have been a year and the players who prefer PvP to PvE will have had multiple types of gear grind, the best option for open world PvP was removed, and class balance seems to be on some crazy roller coaster ride.

I guess my question would be, how assured should the PvPers be in regards to your commitment in giving us more content and improvements?

A second warzone is nice but one would think how hard is it to have new maps of all the game types? More options for huttball, voidstar, CW and NC would be nice just new skins is all we want.

Edited by cycao

Ha..even before the livestream starts, they kinda make it clear that they wont talk about anything the players want to hear. You can ask questions about 1.6, but it seems pretty clear that they will ignore the questions that really matters to the community.

Question Cartel Market:

Why is there no credit/cartel coin exchange rate when making legacy purchases? There are many features I would purchase, but as a subscriber I chose not because it means the credit cost go up. Having flat early speeder bike rates makes sense for F2P, but not for subs.

1.6 question:

Why make tier 6 space components completely useless for all new heroics? With current difficulty most players may never get a chance to play the new missions. I like a challenge, but it will take me months to grind for the gear to do even one. Why not decrease the cost of components or decrease the difficulty of some of the new missions?

Edited by Gordoma

Please address the fact that the SNIPER class needs some serious revamping. They have no stealth , can too easily be knocked out of their cover, and here is the biggest joke of all.. someone with a pistol or a rock thrower can throw the same distance.

Marksman tree is broken damage , ACCURACY is broken no real benefit can be discerned. especially when the tradeoff is significantly reduced damage.

to put it succinctly How is it that a sniper class's doesnt and cant really snipe , and most powerful tree is stabby stabby and poison tree?

Do the dev's understand that people feel like they are just playing through the world and not living in it, our toons need to have a purpose and giving us the same theme park items on each of the added content is not helping, we need more options, things to do outside of combat.

I enjoy the game, the journey is awesome but Tor is like reading a sereis of novels, once you read the last book you are done, do the Dev's understand that.

Any thought about adding adding sandbox elements, to the game, I hate to say it, swg ( I am in no way looking for swg2 like I said swg blew) was a horrible game, but it had one thing going for it, it made my toon feel like it lived in the world and not just playing through the world.

some quick idea's

open world pvp DAOC style

pod or swoop racing

cantina games

This is Star Wars any plans to expand beyond the theme park world, ?

Edited by kevlarto

There are such a large number of people playing this game who desperately want server transfers (proper ones this time) this cannot be ignored for any longer. When will this be available? (And please dont say "soon"). A lot of your paying customers cannot play this game to its full potential because of the fact we have main characters either on dead servers or servers which are not in our time zone, this is unacceptable, please assure us that this will be a priority in the very near future.

Why do Armormechs and cybertechs have to pay to remove items from the same gear they create, am I charging myself? If I make the gear why is it BoP? If you are going to make it bind Alter to Bind to legacy.

How about a crafting mod station be available on our ships to add aug slots and such?

Have you even thought about having cyber techs be able to make customizable Speeders.I.E Mix and match appearance a La Speeder buildoff. You've made us useless for anything else.. made High level Grade 8 mats near impossible to get.. ( dont even try to say you can get them from space combat box, drop rate is pathetic. I get 1 molecular stabelizer per 4 boxes. Thats 800 fleet coms spent after 16 hours of space flight to get ONE molecular stabilizer ?

I know why you did this, make it so rare that people will pay real money to get cartel packs .. but I tell you this.. you allow this to continue and your greed will give you just that.. FTP's only.

Resolve - do you have any plans to alter it in any way to be more 'inclusive' of CC's? The 2nd biggest complaint in PvP (after gear gap) seems to be the sheer number of CC's - this complaint/frustration is exacerbated by the sheer number of CC's that completely ignore Resolve.

Hey Guys, thanks for doing another LiveStream event.

How is the transition to F2P going? I think I can notice more players on the European servers because of the move to F2P, do your numbers show this to be true? This would of course be great news.

Regarding F2P and subscriptions; Most Europeans do not have a credit card, and using PayPal has become a hassle. Is there any way you can add local payment options? Like debit card payments, there are nationwide online payment methods in all EU countries (Swift for UK, iDeal for NL). Can Cartel Coins also be available on a coupon in stores? I think that many players actually want to pay for this product, but meet too many barriers at the moment. To make F2P a real success I would suggest looking into some of these barriers.

More players is better for getting through all the group content. I still experience long waits in the Group Finder queue and at times also in the Warzone queue. Is there a possibility this can be a cross continent server experience so the waits will decrease? And about the queues, why can't I queue for FPs that the system deems inappropriate for my level? I seem to level much faster than the suggested levels for content, and I now can't use the Group Finder to find groups for world content. Can this be addressed? And also, there's the Weekly Challenges to deal with the World Bosses, can this be added to Group Finder? I'm not even sure which channel to spam for groups, one of the planets or the fleet.

The topic of this LiveStream is 1.6. What is 1.6? Does it include Makeb? Or is Makeb coming later?

Will we be seeing new Class Story content any time soon? And on the topic of story; We've been promised SGRs last year, after apparently it had slipped your minds, even though we had a lively topic about it on the old forums since the old forums opened. When will this be addressed? What can we expect in terms of new Companions and SGRs? Will SGRs come for new Companions only? And will those new Companions come on the Cartel Marker like HK51? Putting new companions on the Cartel Market would at least allow all classes a good chance for romance without the restriction of a class requirement. But at the moment we don't have anything to go by. Could you please clarify >something< regarding SGRs. What kind of time table are we looking at? Another year? More? Is it not worked on at all anymore? It would certainly be courteous to let the LGBTQ and RP player base know if it has been scrapped.

Thanks.

Question 1: One of the major strength of Star Wars The Old Republic are the class stories but there have often been criticism that they become generic and meaningless with no real choices, consequences or Impact. Are there any plans to progress the story of star wars the Old Republic and if so will it be with more meaningful story that is deeper than saving worlds and killing the dark council who mean nothing.

Question 2: When will the Empire Strike Back. Of late most of the quests have been hunting generic enemies such as a councilor on Corellia, Rakghouls Plagues on Kaon, Dread Masters and their minons on Denova and Belsavis. When will the Empire strike back at the republic after the crushing defeat on Corellia.

Question 3: New Species. When oh God When will we see new species added that offer more choice to character customisation. With the Elder Scrolls online talking about greater levels of customisation for thier lizardmen race TOR only offers humans and painted Humans. When are we going to see some real choice of species. And yes I am aware that Cathar maybe coming in by in all honesty they look to have been forgotten and what we saw was very lack luster.

Question 4: With new space missions and the increase in the avilability of Black Hole coms are we going to see some use for them? As it stands the avilability of coms is increasing but there is little new or exciting equipment to be purchased. Will we see more things to purchase rather than just armouring mods that are already available in the armour?

Question 5: When will we see more sandbox features that allow for players to have content that isn't simply running some dailies or warzones and once a week doing an ops run or so? As it stands end game is very repeative.

With the recent introduction of a new tier of PvE gear and the upcoming "restructuring" of the PvP sets, what is the general stance towards an ever-escalating item spiral? Can we expect to see things go ape over time, or is the game supposed to do some horizontal scaling with just minor balance changes for the long term?