Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

OcTwenty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Warrior is the Emperor's Wrath, handpicked by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself. The Wrath *is* the most powerful, most dangerous Sith in the Empire, second only to the Emperor himself.

Inquisitors, however, demonstrate an uncanny ability to overcome their limitations in power by using... supplements during their storyline.

So there. The Warrior can obliterate everything in his sight. The Inquisitor, however, has all the chances of being victorious, if he comes prepared.

As far as politics/social structure is concerned, Warrior, hands down. The Dark Council fears him for good reason, he is not tied by Sith politics. One word from the "Mighty Wrath" does more than a Council member pulling their strings. Everyone is scared sh**less of him, and it would take titanic effort to make a move against him that will not fail miserably. The Wrath, however, can execute anyone he wants, when he wants, where he wants, and he would not be held accountable. The Emperor, while currently in no condition to rule, will likely bounce back from oblivion. Then heads will roll, and the Wrath will be the executioner.

Edited by Helig

I've personally always had this scene going in my head where the Wrath is going Wile E. Coyote on the Inquisitor just trying to kill them, and the Inq keeps standing up and dusting themselves off, and sighing, "How many times do I have to tell you, I don't seem to be able to die?"

I've personally always had this scene going in my head where the Wrath is going Wile E. Coyote on the Inquisitor just trying to kill them, and the Inq keeps standing up and dusting themselves off, and sighing, "How many times do I have to tell you, I don't seem to be able to die?"

Beheading and burning the corpse to cinders might do the trick. Then the Inquisitor will be stuck in the Netherworld with a lot of unhappy spirits that he had previously bound.

Considering how the Inquisitor has a nasty habit of getting killed and Forcewalking it off, my money is on the Inquisitor.

^

I'd argue that just because you can't die doesn't mean you can't be defeated.

I think in terms of the class stories, the warrior comes off as the more powerful individual. But the OP asked about inquisitorS and warriorS. With that in mind, I tend to think of inquisitors as far more powerful than warriors. Politically and in terms of raw prowess with the force, I'd bet on an inquisitor over a warrior most of the time. There are exceptions, sure. The Wrath, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus. Clearly hugely powerful warriors, and in no small part because of the influence they hold. But if you look at who pulls most of the strings, and who does most of the whacked out super duper dark side stuff, inquisitors take the cake, imo.

Warriors don't need "whacky Dark Side stuff". They just need the Force to get to their victim and to shove a lightsaber through their heart.

As far as influence goes, Marr, Malgus and the Wrath aren't the only influential Warriors. During both, planetary questlines, Warrior and Inquisitor-archetype NPCs, both hold relatively similar amounts of authority. The greater half of the Dark Council are Warriors - as seen during the Republic Corellia questline. So I wouldn't chalk up superior influence and authority solely to the Inquisitors.

Warriors don't need "whacky Dark Side stuff". They just need the Force to get to their victim and to shove a lightsaber through their heart.

As far as influence goes, Marr, Malgus and the Wrath aren't the only influential Warriors. During both, planetary questlines, Warrior and Inquisitor-archetype NPCs, both hold relatively similar amounts of authority. The greater half of the Dark Council are Warriors - as seen during the Republic Corellia questline. So I wouldn't chalk up superior influence and authority solely to the Inquisitors.

You do realize that the game rules concerning classes only apply to the players themselves and to NPC's, it has no bearing whatsoever, right? Takes Baras' for instance...

Dude is a fat blob, dressed up as an Inquisitor, yet you get to see him using combat stances like Soresu and Shien, which are a Sith Warrior thing, not to mention you also see him using lightning.

Same line of thought actually applies to Malgus, both in-game and in the Deceived trailer, despite the fact I'm sure we all agree he looks far more like a Warrior. Darth Marr also gets to use lightning in one of the comics, just like Thanaton was a Sith Assassin early on in his life and in-game, he resembles a Sorcerer far more.

Unless of course, you really want to be silly and assume this all suggests that class respec will be a reality further down the road. :cool:

As far as politics/social structure is concerned, Warrior, hands down. The Dark Council fears him for good reason, he is not tied by Sith politics. One word from the "Mighty Wrath" does more than a Council member pulling their strings. Everyone is scared sh**less of him

I don't think "fear" is quite the right description. If the Warrior attempts to throw his weight around at the end of his story, the response of the Council is more to just sort of blow him off. They have no power over him, certainly, but the Warrior himself holds no real political power or influence either, aside from being allowed to pretty much kill who he pleases, and even that, if he overextends himself, is likely to land him in trouble. Kill an unruly Darth here and there, sure, but if the Council members start notice they're being systematically rubbed out...yeah, that's not going to go over well.

When/if the Emperor returns, the dynamic changes, but even then he wields little of his own influence. Without the Emperor, the Wrath is pretty much free to do what he pleases, but only has the name for protection from the machinations of others. With the Emperor, no one will oppose the Wrath's actions, but his freedom to act is considerably more limited.

Basically, the Inquisitor holds political influence, but also responsibility to the system, while the Wrath is simply outside the system. He cannot bind, but he cannot be bound.

I don't think "fear" is quite the right description. If the Warrior attempts to throw his weight around at the end of his story, the response of the Council is more to just sort of blow him off. They have no power over him, certainly, but the Warrior himself holds no real political power or influence either, aside from being allowed to pretty much kill who he pleases, and even that, if he overextends himself, is likely to land him in trouble. Kill an unruly Darth here and there, sure, but if the Council members start notice they're being systematically rubbed out...yeah, that's not going to go over well.

When/if the Emperor returns, the dynamic changes, but even then he wields little of his own influence. Without the Emperor, the Wrath is pretty much free to do what he pleases, but only has the name for protection from the machinations of others. With the Emperor, no one will oppose the Wrath's actions, but his freedom to act is considerably more limited.

Basically, the Inquisitor holds political influence, but also responsibility to the system, while the Wrath is simply outside the system. He cannot bind, but he cannot be bound.

The inquistor holds little dark council influence, as mentioned in the novel itself. Within the dark council only a few members hold real power and control. The inquistor isnt apart of that group.

Edited by Girdeux

The inquistor holds little dark council influence, as mentioned in the novel itself. Within the dark council only a few members hold real power and control. The inquistor isnt apart of that group.

The ability to influence other Council members isn't the only sort of political power there is to hold, though. The Inquisitor basically oversees the entirety of the Reclamation Service, and has considerable loyalty among the Moffs, as well.

The class concept of the Inquisitor is supposed to be more powerful. However, when you think about it, the Warrior is more powerful and it is due to poor writing in the Inquisitor story.

The Inquisitor is told that he is powerful and clever, however in the story he is incapable of formulating his own plans, even for the simplest of things like reaching a vault or gaining control of a cult.

The Warrior has cunning, initiative, the ability for military leadership, and the respect of the Dark Council.

The combined power of all the Inquisitor's Force ghosts could not kill Thanaton.

The Inquisitor is not powerful enough to even turn his own apprentice to the dark side.

Darth Marr said to the Warrior, "You are acknowledged, Wrath."

Darth Marr said to the Inquisitor, "You will find us more than equal to your threats."

The only thing that the Inquisitor has going for him is that while his ghosts are bound, he can not be killed. However, being unkillable does not make one powerful, it just makes one annoying to get rid of. See: Lord Draahg.

Edited by Jenzali

Knight and Warrior and Bioware's pet classes so obviously the story set them up as "most POWAFUL without doing anything!", the Chosen Ones, Gary Stues etc. In that sense, Consular and Inquisitor are obviously not as powerful and need to actively purse unusual methods/techniques to overcome the obstacles. Not that I mind it, Knight and Warrior don't appeal to me. Edited by Pietrastor

Correct me if im worng but didnt the Dark Council crap their pants before the guy who was the previous Wrath?

The most logical explanation i'd say is that in terms of individual power and combat skills the warrior is number one. But he lacks the whole rest. Reclamation service, Moffs with battleships and troops, and the whole power base.

I would have said its all kind of relative. In a straight up lightsaber fight the Wrath is clearly the more powerful. But the whole point of the Inquisitor is that they would never let it get to that point. Why fight someone on their own ground if they can beat you.

Isn't it far more sensible to use the power that the Inquisitor wields with the Moffs/Navy (I.e. the Silencer). Ambush the Wrath in Deep space using your own private battle fleet (something the wrath can never have access to due to his lack of political and military ties) and eliminate the threat without ever having to go anywhere near him. All those vaunted lightsaber skills and force mastery is nothing staring down the cannons of several Imperial Dreadnaughts.

Threat eliminated and in in the traditional style of a true Sith Lord you didn't have to go anywhere near your target or risk anything :)

I would have said its all kind of relative. In a straight up lightsaber fight the Wrath is clearly the more powerful. But the whole point of the Inquisitor is that they would never let it get to that point. Why fight someone on their own ground if they can beat you.

Isn't it far more sensible to use the power that the Inquisitor wields with the Moffs/Navy (I.e. the Silencer). Ambush the Wrath in Deep space using your own private battle fleet (something the wrath can never have access to due to his lack of political and military ties) and eliminate the threat without ever having to go anywhere near him. All those vaunted lightsaber skills and force mastery is nothing staring down the cannons of several Imperial Dreadnaughts.

Threat eliminated and in in the traditional style of a true Sith Lord you didn't have to go anywhere near your target or risk anything :)

That said, the Wrath could do another Baras. Get other members of the DC to bring down the SI with him. He's proven himself more then able to take down larger foes.

That said, the Wrath could do another Baras. Get other members of the DC to bring down the SI with him. He's proven himself more then able to take down larger foes.

I do see exactly where your coming from with that but I believe that Dark Council would choose not to interfere and would probably ignore any requests from the Wrath for help (or be very very slow in delivering any). They would see that as weakness on the Wraths part to require their services, and from their own standpoint the elimination of the Wrath is a good political and tactical move to consolidate their own power.

The class concept of the Inquisitor is supposed to be more powerful. However, when you think about it, the Warrior is more powerful and it is due to poor writing in the Inquisitor story.

The Inquisitor is told that he is powerful and clever, however in the story he is incapable of formulating his own plans, even for the simplest of things like reaching a vault or gaining control of a cult.

Limit of MMO storytelling.

The Warrior has cunning, initiative, the ability for military leadership, and the respect of the Dark Council.

Inquisitor has all that but the lack of respect. I take that more as underestimating on the Dark Council's part. Warrior has the Emperor's backing. Inquisitor does not. Also Warrior doesn't appear to have desire for being on the Dark Council, and only gets the Darth title as an off-screen throw a bone to the Warrior players.

The combined power of all the Inquisitor's Force ghosts could not kill Thanaton.

Inquisitor beat Thanaton at the end. Killing stroke was just interrupted and stolen (should be the first of the Dark Council the Inquisitor takes out ;) )

The Inquisitor is not powerful enough to even turn his own apprentice to the dark side.[/quote[

Again, bad writing. Only one class even gets the option of deciding a companions alignment.

Darth Marr said to the Warrior, "You are acknowledged, Wrath."

Darth Marr said to the Inquisitor, "You will find us more than equal to your threats."

Back to the Council underestimating the Inquisitor, the ex-slave. Also notice the Inquisitor isn't there to look the Warrior in the eye and say, "You think so, huh?" and show the Wrath just who's the more powerful Sith.

The only thing that the Inquisitor has going for him is that while his ghosts are bound, he can not be killed. However, being unkillable does not make one powerful, it just makes one annoying to get rid of. See: Lord Draahg.

Binding the ghosts wasn't easy. You can force them all to stay, except for one who's only able to back out due to a clause in it's binding.

Here is a nice little debate lore wise.

The Sith Warrior is the Wrath of the Emperor. However, the Emperor himself is an Inquisitor.

funny you say that, the emperor himself, an inquistor (the most powerful inquistor ever at that point) is beaten by the Hero of Tython, who specializes in lightsaber combat.

Same as the Warrior, the SW beats an emperor amped with Sel Makor.

Edited by Girdeux

The Warrior is the Emperor's Wrath, handpicked by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself. The Wrath *is* the most powerful, most dangerous Sith in the Empire, second only to the Emperor himself.

This is so wrong it's not funny, Darth Jadus is considered the second most powerful in the Empire, Marr and Malgus just behind him.

No, he still is, the SWTOR Encyclopedia makes it quite clear that those three were or are the top dogs, nowhere is it said the Emperor's Wrath surpass either of them.

Would the SWTOR Encyclopedia even say anything to the effect that "Warrior is the most powerful"? I wouldn't think so, as that's a lot of warriors running around, and in the end, a player character.