Can anything be done to speed up these hellified loading times?

Endymionsama

My system meets or exceeds the minimum requirements in all categories but it takes forever and a day to load. In some cases it never loads and I have to close the client and try again. I was wondering if playing on a Solid State drive would it make a difference on load times If you already have a quad core system with 8 gb of ram?

I have a SSD but it still hangs up loading certain planets where there appears to be no drive activity. Guessing it's an issue with the engine or coding. Your system can make it even slower but some things appear to be beyond our control.

Better graphic card shaved 5-10 seconds off my loading time.

The loading screen stays up while the world is drawn in around you. I got a new 670 gtx and loading screens between worlds were much faster.

Now the card burned out and I'm back on my old one and it's tedious waiting on the loading screens. I also hate rushing into a location full of names and no characters because the avatars take so long to load. :p

I was wondering if playing on a Solid State drive would it make a difference on load times If you already have a quad core system with 8 gb of ram?

Yes, SSDs will make a difference on that system.

So would a good graphic card, if you don't have one already.

What worked for me: Built new battlestation with better specs, and put this game on an ssd.

PVP WZs - Often I'm 1st in and have to wait 10 secs for anyone else to finish loading in.

New planets - Loads smooth and faster than it used to, but still the loadbar pause about 30% in.

All other in-game loads - About 50% faster than last build, and loads are smooth, no hangups etc anymore.

Edit: Main specs for your reference.

Old - intel core2quad 3.0 ghz / New - intel i5 3.4 ghz ivy bridge

Old - ASUS p5qpro Turbo motherboard / New - Asus sabertooth z77

Old - 8 gigs ddr 2 ram / New - 8 gigs ddr 3

Old - TOR on a hard disk drive / New - TOR on a solid state drive

Edited by Joesixxpack