Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

CharterMonkKent

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the abiliies shown above except for Death Field are Single-target though, so it's a poor comparison IMO.

How so?

Oh yeah, leaderboard damage stats....:rolleyes:

Is there a difference for you to get hit by 3 smashes in succession versus 3 rails in succession?

That's why I laugh at the QQ about it...

Most classes can do 5k with at least one ability - make it a bit more specific. I see sorcs with 6k heals often enough in WZs and smashers with 6.5k, also as of late i've seen assassins/shadows with 6-6.5k hits in WZs. As a PT I average with 4.7/4.8k as my biggest hit in pug WZs - think the highest I've had has been 5.5, I don't pay much attention to it.

All of the abiliies shown above except for Death Field are Single-target though, so it's a poor comparison IMO.

I'll add that Death Field is subject to crit rolls, and even with Recklessness to be quite sure it crits, it can't catch up with Smash numbers. (As well as all others abilities can't match with Smash's numbers either)

Is there a difference for you to get hit by 3 smashes in succession versus 3 rails in succession?

That's why I laugh at the QQ about it...

Yes there is, because when someone is hitted by 3 smashes, there are chances that another guy in the area have been hitted by 2 of them, and/or that 1-2 more guys have been hitted once.

HAHAHA that's funny. Healers complaining about it for an indirect reason... Now, I have offically seen it all...

That's what we call compassion. Maybe for you that doesn't change anything because both are 3 times 5K+ hits, but for the team it's more than simply 3 times 5K+ hits.

Edited by Altheran

HAHAHA that's funny. Healers complaining about it for an indirect reason... Now, I have offically seen it all...

So are you a Sorc or an Op?

I'm not complaining about anything, I'm merely pointing out bad design. No AoE should not be so powerful as powerful as a top-tier single-target ability, let alone be the highest hitting attack in the whole game.

As my sig states, I'm a Merc healer. Smash Juggs or Sentinels are not very good at pressuring me one on one, but the fact that they are so common means that the total damage output to my team is simply overwhelming. And yes, total damage output does matter because triaging is infinitely more difficult when you have multiple teammates in execute range.

Edited by Jenzali

I'll add that Death Field is subject to crit rolls, and even with Recklessness to be quite sure it crits, it can't catch up with Smash numbers. (As well as all others abilities can't match with Smash's numbers either)

Yes there is, because when someone is hitted by 3 smashes, there are chances that another guy in the area have been hitted by 2 of them, and/or that 1-2 more guys have been hitted once.

I'm not talking about other people...

You; and only You.

Player A: SMASH/SMASH/SMASH=dead

Player B: RAIL/RAIL/RAIL=dead

Maybe I will give the healers a pass, but most ACs got AoE heals so..... yeah don't feel sorry for them much either...

Most classes can do 5k with at least one ability - make it a bit more specific. I see sorcs with 6k heals often enough in WZs and smashers with 6.5k, also as of late i've seen assassins/shadows with 6-6.5k hits in WZs. As a PT I average with 4.7/4.8k as my biggest hit in pug WZs - think the highest I've had has been 5.5, I don't pay much attention to it.

How many classes can do 5k instant hits that are aoe that can hit 5 people at once and autocrit? 5k is not even the most hit with it either.

They nerfed telewave proc because it was mowing down players and the numbers were nowhere near what smash is capable of.

Edited by PloGreen

Annihilate for 5k? On a zero expertise target maybe.

I hit it for 4K + on almost every crit and it crits often. Most are around 4500 but definitely on a squishy target or a low expertise target 5K crits are more than possible. And this thread is about 5K capable abilities.

Of course I'm near min/max right now, but I'd say I hit a 5K annihlate about 5-10% of the time.

I'm not talking about other people...

You; and only You.

Player A: SMASH/SMASH/SMASH=dead

Player B: RAIL/RAIL/RAIL=dead

Maybe I will give the healers a pass, but most ACs got AoE heals so..... yeah don't feel sorry for them much either...

Me, only me ?

It bothers me if one or more of my team mates is half dead because 3 guys focused me and hit them without giving a single thought about it. It's like : "Oh, you've been there ? Too bad you're dead too now."

Edited by Altheran

I'm not complaining about anything, I'm merely pointing out bad design. No AoE should not be so powerful as powerful as a top-tier single-target ability, let alone be the highest hitting attack in the whole game.

As my sig states, I'm a Merc healer. Smash Juggs or Sentinels are not very good at pressuring me one on one, but the fact that they are so common means that the total damage output to my team is simply overwhelming. And yes, total damage output does matter because triaging is infinitely more difficult when you have multiple teammates in execute range.

Tell them to stop gathering around like moths.... If your teammates are all getting blasted at the same time, there is something wrong... The people complaining about smashes are facetanking, when its obviously a bad idea. It also good deterrent to the "g-bang" that is SWTOR PvP.... So... Moral... tell your teammates to stop gathering at the flame, and don't be in melee range often... PvP Defense 101...

Edited by L-RANDLE

I feel like Mara/Sent should have another one in there but it's the only class I haven't played to 50.

Any help on that one? Force scream w/procs? Last hit of Ravage?

I'm also not sure about adding execute type attacks, finishers for those under 30% health. Should those be added?

Ive hit 6k+ with Annihilate (top of anni/watchman tree), back before I switched to lolsmash.

Deathfield/force in balance only hits 3 people not five. 5k sorc/sage hits are not common at all, with min maxed sorc even. More like 4.2-4.5k on a good day. Hybrid even less, for obvious reasons.

Fob/deathfield - thats the best burst a balance/madness sage/sorc has got.

Two words.... "defensive roll"

I rarely get hit for more than 3500 by a smash warrior. :D

Adapt.

Two more.... AoE Debuffs

And Five More.... Don't Stay in Melee Range

I know static objectives make this difficult sometimes, but I can't tell you how many times I see people trying to kill me while I am in melee range... Only mirrors should be doing this.

Assassin / Shadow

-Maul / Shadow Strike 5k Capable (when Duplicity / Infiltration Tactics proc)

-Discharge / Force Breach 5k Capable (w/5 stacks and using Recklessness / Force Potency)

-Shock / Project 5k Capable (when Chain Shock / Upheaval proc)

-Deathfield / Force in Balance 5k Capable

concerning the discharge.. (25% to get stack, more than 20 attacks to get 5 stacks) with 12 sec cd.. u have to w8 5-15 sec and do not use yr discharge.. just to get extra 1.5k? useless feature. there is higher probability that ull die b4 ull get 5 stacks.

my full wh aug assassin 600 dmg bonus/75-76 crit mult (with buff) till the moment was not able to hit ANY1 with deathfield for 5k, maximum i did is 4k (a bit higher). this is with plus 30% to crit multipl (105%).

Edited by yauhen_pt

Smuggler / Agent

Operative / Scoundrel

-Hidden Strike / Shoot First 5k Capable (higher with Acid Blade + Flechette Round)

Woah woah WOAH. I think it's high time these rage/quit inducing classes get nerfed into the ground. Op/Sco need to be nerfed because this attack doing even half that damage on this class made my fathers uncles best friends former roommate quit once.

Two more.... AoE Debuffs

And Five More.... Don't Stay in Melee Range

I know static objectives make this difficult sometimes, but I can't tell you how many times I see people trying to kill me while I am in melee range... Only mirrors should be doing this.

Why everybody should especially spec for AoE debuffs because of one spec while all other AoE specs doesn't need it to be countered, and would become destroyed by these AoE debuffs ?

And as for "Don't say in melee range", you know it doesn't make sense ? Melee AC have to be in melee to fight you, and so come naturally into your range. If everyone should flee you, and the only one who should be allowed to fight you must be your mirror bearing the same destructive power, then there is clearly something wrong about balance whatever the class we would be speaking of. I'd say the same if the only class able to defeat a Shadow would be the same Shadow.

Edited by Altheran