Dissapointed in BH class quest ending *SPOILERS*

DarthBaptist

I'm a bit dissapointed in BH class quest ending.

For me, Act 1 was boring, always the same thing, nothing new. Act 2 and 3 was better, with some good plot twists and stuff.

However, the ending of act 3, meh.

So basicly you can go Light side (kill Darth Tormen) or dark side (kill chancellor).

And this is where it fails. Your last bounty, suppose to be the biggest of em all, yet who is the guy? You've seen him like what once or twice? and that was through a holoterminal, you've never seen him in action or in person yet.

You don't build up a connection with this NPC. Even a simple quest mob is more important imo... You even go to him on his ship, would be way more cooler if you actually went to Coruscant, a zone just for BH but no...

And then there is the Light side: you are about to kill the chansellor and then he says: no please don't, Darth Tormen is evil, please kill him. And you're like okay, no problem.

The same thing applies here, you've only met him since level 40+ and talked to him not so many times. So again, no good strong connection to the guy. You kill him, fly away from the ship and woops its over. Thats it....

It felt more like a bounty of the Great Hunt again instead of the biggest bounty ever.

Compared to the other character, their ending has something to do with them from Act 1.

Our 3 acts stand alone. Great hunt has nothing to do with Act 3. The NPCs from then are completely gone.

I agree with Mig. if u know anything of the republic, or SW in general , its obvious that the Supreme chancellor is the HEAD OF STATE of the republic. basically what palpatine was b4 he was the emperor.

We kill what to this time period is the equivalent of the president of the united states.

If you kill tormen, your killing another head of state. not a huge deal because it seems the dark council has alot of political turmoil inside of it...but a very big deal irregardless

ACT 3 basicly decide how the story will change for your character. future stories will be about how your the most wanted man in the galaxy, always watching your back...

I agree with Mig. if u know anything of the republic, or SW in general , its obvious that the Supreme chancellor is the HEAD OF STATE of the republic. basically what palpatine was b4 he was the emperor.

We kill what to this time period is the equivalent of the president of the united states.

If you kill tormen, your killing another head of state. not a huge deal because it seems the dark council has alot of political turmoil inside of it...but a very big deal irregardless

ACT 3 basicly decide how the story will change for your character. future stories will be about how your the most wanted man in the galaxy, always watching your back...

Palpatine was the emperor way before he was the supreme chancellor. He used his powers of manipulation to get control of the republic so he could control both sides as he did in the movies. The whole siding with the republic was to disguise that he was the emperor.

For me, Act 1 was boring, always the same thing, nothing new.

Wha????

Was I the only one that was smiling when we walkeded up the aisle between all the other bounty hunters? I thought the ending was awesome, never felt so proud of my toon in ANY MMO.

Edited by RycheMykola

i think some people got the wrong impression of my opinion.

What i said was that act 3 is good but not the ending for me.

Yes the Supreme Chansellor is very important and so on, but do you, as the character have any sort of connection with him? you practicly see him once or twice only? Same with darth tormen. Over at the sith stories for example the people you see at the end are the people you see at the beginning of your story. Thats what i mean.

All of a sudden its: oh go kill big important dude you only saw now.

Uhhh, Darth Tormen spends the entirety of chapter three making you his ***** after the Republic screws you over and the Empire sells you down the river disassociating themselves with you so they can put on a happy face and pretend to make nice with the Republic. I killed his *** the first chance I got, revenge baby, the Chancellor never did anything to me, sure I was being paid to kill him, but I was also gonna get paid NOT to kill him AND get revenge on the dick trying to manipulate me.

I think, what OP is trying to say that there's not enough drama and tension between the characters. Neither of "targets" haven't killed any crew member, nor did they performed enough interactions with the BH.

In other words, none of them was Tarro Blood tier 2(or was that 3?)

I think, what OP is trying to say that there's not enough drama and tension between the characters. Neither of "targets" haven't killed any crew member, nor did they performed enough interactions with the BH.

In other words, none of them was Tarro Blood tier 2(or was that 3?)

exactly, and that was act 1 =) that is what i meant, more interaction and contact with the big NPCs

Palpatine was the emperor way before he was the supreme chancellor. He used his powers of manipulation to get control of the republic so he could control both sides as he did in the movies. The whole siding with the republic was to disguise that he was the emperor.

Palpatine was the Supreme Chancellor first, he wasn't the Emperor until he dissolved the Republic and reformed it as the Galactic Empire. Darth Sidious>Supreme Chancellor>Emperor.

I'm half way through Corellia at the moment and I'm seriously looking forward to offing that jedi tool and the Supreme Chancellor. I just did a job and that guy died in fair combat, yet jedi boy and his pal have spent 20 levels annoying me and getting people killed for some doomed revenge kick. Sorting them out can't come quickly enough.

• 1 year later...

For me, Act 1 was boring, always the same thing, nothing new. Act 2 and 3 was better, with some good plot twists and stuff.

However, the ending of act 3, meh.

So basicly you can go Light side (kill Darth Tormen) or dark side (kill chancellor).

And this is where it fails. Your last bounty, suppose to be the biggest of em all, yet who is the guy? You've seen him like what once or twice? and that was through a holoterminal, you've never seen him in action or in person yet.

You don't build up a connection with this NPC. Even a simple quest mob is more important imo... You even go to him on his ship, would be way more cooler if you actually went to Coruscant, a zone just for BH but no...

And then there is the Light side: you are about to kill the chansellor and then he says: no please don't, Darth Tormen is evil, please kill him. And you're like okay, no problem.

The same thing applies here, you've only met him since level 40+ and talked to him not so many times. So again, no good strong connection to the guy. You kill him, fly away from the ship and woops its over. Thats it....

It felt more like a bounty of the Great Hunt again instead of the biggest bounty ever.

Compared to the other character, their ending has something to do with them from Act 1.

Our 3 acts stand alone. Great hunt has nothing to do with Act 3. The NPCs from then are completely gone.

And yet killing tormen is cannon because the chancellor offers you a greater reward, what kind of bounty hunter blindly follows the empire?

I just played to end the Bounty Hunters class missions.

I have mixed feeling about it.

I liked how it ended on my part. I didnt want to be slave to Sith so I blasted him to another dimension.

My enemy enemy is my friend works well for mercenary. I even said at the end that Chancellor just made better deal and thats the way I work: who pays best.

However I have to say it was not very epic. I was also disappointed to Troopers story ending.

Both endinds felt bit mundane altough you could make your point on both.

Uhhh, Darth Tormen spends the entirety of chapter three making you his ***** after the Republic screws you over and the Empire sells you down the river disassociating themselves with you so they can put on a happy face and pretend to make nice with the Republic. I killed his *** the first chance I got, revenge baby, the Chancellor never did anything to me, sure I was being paid to kill him, but I was also gonna get paid NOT to kill him AND get revenge on the dick trying to manipulate me.

I completely agree with this. When Darth Tormen wants to hire the BH he catches his ship in a tractor beam and then sends troops to disarm him, then he choked Mako. He dug his own grave.

Personally, I loved the BH story. However, I remember I had a few pet peeves when I played through it a year ago:

The lack of Mandlore's invlovement after the initilal chapter was very strange and a missed opportunity by Bioware. The whole black list BH's get killed and not even an email from him?? In addition, the battle room before and after the battle of illum and FE he is there and he does'nt even acknowledge you? What about Shae Vizla, that would have been cool?

Personally, I went for the neutral option and carbonited the chancellor to give to tormen, and told him i'm my own boss:)

The lack of Mandlore's invlovement after the initilal chapter was very strange and a missed opportunity by Bioware. The whole black list BH's get killed and not even an email from him??

I did get a message from Mandalore, and I felt it really added to the sense of anger and desire for revenge after that part of the story. Pretty sure I hit 50 on my BH almost a year ago, but maybe it was something they added in after you'd been through that part of the story.

Personally, I got more involved in the BH story than any other class, and I certainly felt like I had plenty of motivation to kill either the Chancellor or Darth Tormen. I took the LS option last time round, but I'm currently levelling another BH (the only other class I might re-play would be Sith Warrior) and I'm kinda disappointed I can't kill both of 'em this time round :(

I liked the ending. I actually went neutral on it - carbonized the Chancellor and brought him back to Darth Tormen. I felt it was plenty personal - the Chancellor made you the most wanted person in the galaxy and had all of your peers killed, largely in an attempt to get at you.

I played my BH mostly Light-side (was light V when I hit 50), but when I got to that point I was sufficiently annoyed that I wasn't going to let him off the hook. I'm actually surprised killing him right there wasn't the neutral decision - surely Tormen is going to torture the CRAP out of him, that's gotta be darker.