Loot auto-assigned in ops?

Either i'm missing something or we can't assign loot ourselves? We've tried master looter and round robin, and both options auto-assign epic items to people? Are we doing something wrong? Because our tank got 2 items he doesn't need while the person that does need them, didn't get them..

Please help us?

Auto assigned loot in normal wont assign loot that you cant use.

The only time it did was last week when they added all the new bosses to Karraga's and didnt properly fix itemization, so it was giving loot that wasnt intended.

This was fixed the next day, but if you ran it the first day you were kind of screwed.

I.E. : Run it again when it resets and you'll be fine.

//Edit// That was in response to the 2nd post :p

The OP's post there's nothing you can do other then dont run normal ops. Being able to distribute loot in normal mode would give it far to great a advantage over HM Flashpoints, which are far harder then the ezmode that is normal ops.

Edited by Ashane

It is a problem that will stand out more once the casual raiders hit 50 who will just run normal mode operations then roll the dice for gear and have people get multiple items they don't need and just ruining people's experience of end game.

I just got an unassembled columni frontline force headgear piece.

Great, you'd think? EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT I'M ALREADY WEARING IT AND 2 OTHER JEDI KNIGHTS IN MY RAID DONT HAVE IT YET.

Are you *********** kidding me bioware? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

This really is one of the worst ideas ever to go live.

Let master loot work as intended, master looting the items. I have to assume this is a bug and I report it every time its closed with no response.

Just wait until someone gets a second mount off an ops thats when the QQ really will start up. Its already dumb for a group to gear up new raiders spending their time in an ops with them only to see their gear end up in the packs of the others in the group.

Or my favorite is healing bounty hunter items going to DPS bounty hunters and DPS items going to healers.

I'm fine with this loot system as AN OPTION not as the way it has to be!

Maybe the idea is that Normal mode is for Pugs, considering the difficulty that fits well. For pugs I would say its nice, no stupid fighting over loot or raid leaders ripping people of.

If you have a guild and do it you will probably only do normal to see the fights and then you step up to Hard Mode. (I am well aware they do not share lock out).

Maybe the idea is that Normal mode is for Pugs, considering the difficulty that fits well. For pugs I would say its nice, no stupid fighting over loot or raid leaders ripping people of.

If you have a guild and do it you will probably only do normal to see the fights and then you step up to Hard Mode. (I am well aware they do not share lock out).

Maybe so, but that doesn't excuse the fact that it's completely retarded that potential upgrades to fight hardmodes better, are just being wasted. It's nice for pugs, but completely retarded for anything else.

what are you guys on about? the system was at least semi fixed with the last patch, now you can greed or need on token drops.. and its not just destined... like really? You are making a thread about this now? When its fixed? We just raided ev on normal and hard, it worked..... -,-

what are you guys on about? the system was at least semi fixed with the last patch, now you can greed or need on token drops.. and its not just destined... like really? You are making a thread about this now? When its fixed? We just raided ev on normal and hard, it worked..... -,-

Are you *********** blind? We just did EV and the other one for 3/5 and our loot, no matter what setting we used, was auto-assigned. Sure, we can roll for blue stuff and recipes, but gear? Nope. Hardmode it might be fixed, but normal mode, no.

its actually working as intended. 2/8ppl get 2 columni pieces 2/8 get tionese items, 4 ppl get jack. its random grab bags for everyone. on a side note - the EXACT same items also happen to drop outside of raids and you can obtain 5/5 columni without ever stepping foot into the raids. columni belt is an exception. Earpieces and implants seem to be hardmode only from what i have seen of loot drops. the point of regular mode, along with its difficulty seems to be for the purpose of suplemental gear, learning boss mechanics, and seeing content for all players. not saying i approve of the mechanic but it does seem to be the design philosophy. as for NM, you should be doing hard first where you can control the drops. breakpoint for doing hard is also lower than what you would immagine. its pretty downhill after annihilator and flasks, 3+ pieces columni and 16k+ hp pools made it do-able for us. Edited by Lawli

This is reason enough to cancel subscription. It makes gearing for hard modes and nightmare a PITA.

It has not been fixed yet. Just did normal ops on the new area last night.

One SI got 5 drops and another got 0. The SI that got all the loots could only use 1 of em and had much better gear already.

FIX THIS ASAP!!! You are wasting our time!

Even on hard modes the Master Looter option is a PITA. Just let people Need/Greed. It is a non-issue for any guild that is used to working together.

We already have people going back to WoW cause they're not going to put up with this, and the games only been out a month. And WoW doesn't even have new content. They just won't put up with these kids of basic bugs.

Edited by Paralassa
content