Community Team, Assemble!

EricMusco

As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can.

-eric

That's all we (or I at least) ask. Thank you

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, everyone else has done that, everyone on APAC servers are infact already not on APAC servers any more. /s

If you don't like the complaints don't read them genius.

Personaly the "Still talking about it " is getting really old, 7 months and still talking about it, action vs words etc. I wont be resubbing unless some concrete timetable/plan is announced pre-expansion. I don't have the time or the inclination to re-roll and am getting the distinct feeling I'm being treated like a chump.

If they're still discussing it after all this time, perhaps the solution is not as cut and dry as people believe? Yes the comms on the issue has been crap, but it's clearly not a simple solution and shouldn't be rushed.

Unfortunately I agree with the guy, if you're not happy on your current server re-roll. Do everyone on that server who still enjoy it a favour and take the negativity somewhere else. It's getting very very tiresome to hear nothing but whinging and it's driving people away from the game as much as those who want a merge and even more tiresome to hear from yet another friend who's unsubbed because they're sick of all the whinging and drama moreso than the pop issue.

Yes the comms on the issue has been crap, but it's clearly not a simple solution and shouldn't be rushed.

I agree it's definately not a simple solution. Especially when theres some Asian countries involved and many different ISPs and routing methods.

Edited by Amlici

I agree it's definately not a simple solution. Especially when theres some Asian countries involved and many different ISPs and routing methods.

I also agree its not a simply solution but its not complex enough to drag it out for 6months. This is where the frustration is mainly coming from

Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit :)

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric

You are not mistaken, Eric, please don't let a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us. I know the community can be pretty immature sometimes, but I hope you guys won't let it get you down.

You are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

I'm loving the increased personal interaction and the touching base on questions.

Agreed. I just hope it actually continues...The last two CMs promised increased interaction and delivered for a little while too....and then they dropped off to nothing.

One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

you weren't mistaken!

the vocal minority may not like it, but i assure you forum members like me who read up on the forums everyday love a little joke.

actually now that i think about im not in the silent majority either, im in a third group that talks, but not a lot, and appreciates things BW does :p

Mate, I already soloed it, I told you the last boss drops an 'advanced might mod 9'

When you solo

Mate now you just need to solo Deardtooth 10 stack like me and you'll be as legendary as I.

If they're still discussing it after all this time, perhaps the solution is not as cut and dry as people believe? Yes the comms on the issue has been crap, but it's clearly not a simple solution and shouldn't be rushed.

Unfortunately I agree with the guy, if you're not happy on your current server re-roll. Do everyone on that server who still enjoy it a favour and take the negativity somewhere else. It's getting very very tiresome to hear nothing but whinging and it's driving people away from the game as much as those who want a merge and even more tiresome to hear from yet another friend who's unsubbed because they're sick of all the whinging and drama moreso than the pop issue.

Evidently you have no idea what most of us ask for in the thread I mentioned earlier. Most of us just want to be informed. Yes the solution is OBVIOUSLY complex, but you know what is simple? TELL US WHAT THE ISSUE IS THAT MAKES IT COMPLEX. So we can understand and stop whinging.

Everyone is negative, as someone said, would you like to have you account deleted so you'd have to start entirely from scratch? Our whinging is driving people from the game? You only have BW to blame when they don't give us the most easiest form of Customer Service, informing us. They don't need to give us 'This is what we're going to do' information. We want 'this is what we've discussed and why we are finding it hard to come up with a solution from a business point of view, player point of view etc etc.'

Also the whinging and drama are there because of the pop issue, it's a symptom of it. I mentioned this in an earlier post in not so many words. Thanks.

Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit :)

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric

I personally love the changes that you have done so far to community relations! Keep it up! :D

I don't think there is any danger of it being rushed.. :rolleyes:

Already said I don't have the time or inclination to re-roll, infact you quoted me saying that.:rolleyes:

This isn't "negativity" it's asking for a resolution in a sane timeframe or at least some real information as to what's going on. Real information not "haven't forgotten see you in a few months!".

To be honest I couldn't care less about what you find tiresome or your claims (which I'm sure you've just plucked out of thin air) that asking for this to be resolved is driving people away from the game faster than the low population in APAC. Also the hyperbole "nothing but whining" is pretty weak, I've seen the topic mentioned once in general on my server in the last few weeks.

I've never said a word "ingame" and have made I think four forums posts in the last 2-3months so I'm pretty certain I'm not the cause of the whinging and drama that have driven you friends away supposedly.

Anyway last post for me on this topic, I've said my bit, hopeful you guys sort this out as I like the game and the community. :)

Hi Claprica,

Before I respond to your question, let me say that I like the allusion in yours! o/''\o

There are so very many "2/3rds of a stoplight jokes" out there regarding my name. >.< I actually remember the first time a "red" comment was made to me: one of my friends in the second grade told me that their mom asked if I had red hair. I was confused, and then she told me I'd be a stoplight.

One of QA guys in the office calls me "Colors", too. I happen to like it.

This is in no way a slap in the face. Its great to see a more human side to the community team. I have enjoyed reading the post about Amber's name, and its great to see this kind of interaction. That past year has been terrible for interactions with the Community Team and has turned a lot of Players away, which in turn has resulted in part, to the lack of players now on the APAC servers.

Hey Obirayy,

-eric

And this here is great. Its what a large part of the APAC thread has been about. Went want open discussion and communication. Most of the main posters have left the thread because the previous Community Team members weren't communicating at all in this thread, and now its full of raging players that want action. I myself, at times, have been one of them. What ever you decide is gong to affect those players, so why can't we be more involved with what going on? You haven't even thrown any ideas around to see how the community feels. Whats your time frame? When can we expect to see another post on the matter? A little 5min post about you guys having a meeting about the issue, or you did this or that can go a long way to dispelling the anger and frustration, and I know you may not be able to give detailed answers, but whatever you can tell us will be appreciated.

"Colors"....That's gold......:p

Edited by Spinikar

Hi Claprica,

Before I respond to your question, let me say that I like the allusion in yours! o/''\o

There are so very many "2/3rds of a stoplight jokes" out there regarding my name. >.< I actually remember the first time a "red" comment was made to me: one of my friends in the second grade told me that their mom asked if I had red hair. I was confused, and then she told me I'd be a stoplight.

At least your name isn't Teresa.

Hi Claprica,

Wow! The Amber Green is not a forum nickname but a real name?

Thats so cute.. Im really impressed..

• Dev Post
I for one do enjoy the change in comunication and find the jokes hilarious id very much like to see more of that

especially team mates picking on eachother

Even if you dont see as much positive feedback as youd hope im sure most people do enjoy the change they are just, like myself, lazy to post.

One side question tho are there any plans or intentions of putting the party jawa on the cartel market?

Reason im asking is that one of the tattooine achievements for 2.0 requires you to kill jawas while "partying" with the jawa... I find it a nice touch but i for one do not have it and as of right now theres no way for me to get one.. would be sad to leave tattoine's achievements on 97%

I will pass it on to be looked into. However, I can assure you that we don't intend to have any achievements which require things that are no longer available.

Hope that helps!

-eric

Here is a bit more clarification on the differences between Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 2.0 put as simply as I can!

What subscribers will get without purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

• Class changes and balancing levels 1-50
  • Any itemization/world changes which affect levels 1-50
  • Legacy Achievements

What subscribers will get if they do purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

• New Operation: Scum and Villainy
  • Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond
  • Upgraded level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints
  • Level cap increase to 55
  • All new Makeb storyline

The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Free-to-Play restrictions apply. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

-eric

Eric, does this mean Nightmare TFB will launch when the expansion launches? My impression is that it would not launch immediately, but sometime after 2.0.

I don't think there is any danger of it being rushed.. :rolleyes:

Already said I don't have the time or inclination to re-roll, infact you quoted me saying that.:rolleyes:

This isn't "negativity" it's asking for a resolution in a sane timeframe or at least some real information as to what's going on. Real information not "haven't forgotten see you in a few months!".

To be honest I couldn't care less about what you find tiresome or your claims (which I'm sure you've just plucked out of thin air) that asking for this to be resolved is driving people away from the game faster than the low population in APAC. Also the hyperbole "nothing but whining" is pretty weak, I've seen the topic mentioned once in general on my server in the last few weeks.

I've never said a word "ingame" and have made I think four forums posts in the last 2-3months so I'm pretty certain I'm not the cause of the whinging and drama that have driven you friends away supposedly.

Anyway last post for me on this topic, I've said my bit, hopeful you guys sort this out as I like the game and the community. :)

Sorry guys but I think a few may have taken what I said that was directed at a small group of rather immature posters here and people in game a little personally. Not intended, yes there are plenty of people here who do do the right thing and yes you do have the right to ask for clarification. (By the way, I never said it's driving people away faster, but I know of just as many people who have quit recently or dialled back their play because they're tired of the drama more so the pop issues)

But my post was directed more to those who continually complain in game on general chat or post here in an immature fashion over and over again. It gets very very tiresome when you do log in to fleet and General is full of petty whining about how GF or ranked pvp doesn't pop and it's all BW's fault for not merging us when if they'd taken the time to read more forums here they'd see that it's not just a low pop issue and that heavy pop servers have the same issues.

Constant whinging like that actually makes the problem worse because it highlights the issue to people who may not have realised there was a problem and makes them think negatively about the game. Think of a new player coming into fleet for the first time full of excitement and the first thing they see in chat is a massive whingefest about server pop... what do you think that player is going to think of the game?

It creates a massive snowball effect and starts to bring the whole community down. I'm sure we've all been somewhere where there's been a Party Pooper or a negative influence that's ended up making everyone around them feel like ****. It's the same principle. Nobody likes to be stuck with the party pooper, so why would anyone want to put themselves in the GF queue if they're likely going to get stuck with someone who whinges about how long it took to get a group?

What I'm suggesting, as I have suggested before, is that people help themselves and the community by dropping the toy chucking routine and get on with the game. Yes keep coming here asking for answers, in a mature fashion. Just let the water flow under the bridge for a while, ask people to group up instead of complaining that no one does. Be patient and you know what, if it's still not making you happy log off and play something else. Kicking up a stink just creates a toxic community, and nobody wants to play in a toxic community.

Who knows, if the server is nicer to play on more people might just stick around and yes, the problem may just fix itself. Just a thought...

Sorry guys but I think a few may have taken what I said that was directed at a small group of rather immature posters here and people in game a little personally. Not intended, yes there are plenty of people here who do do the right thing and yes you do have the right to ask for clarification. (By the way, I never said it's driving people away faster, but I know of just as many people who have quit recently or dialled back their play because they're tired of the drama more so the pop issues)

But my post was directed more to those who continually complain in game on general chat or post here in an immature fashion over and over again. It gets very very tiresome when you do log in to fleet and General is full of petty whining about how GF or ranked pvp doesn't pop and it's all BW's fault for not merging us when if they'd taken the time to read more forums here they'd see that it's not just a low pop issue and that heavy pop servers have the same issues.

Constant whinging like that actually makes the problem worse because it highlights the issue to people who may not have realised there was a problem and makes them think negatively about the game. Think of a new player coming into fleet for the first time full of excitement and the first thing they see in chat is a massive whingefest about server pop... what do you think that player is going to think of the game?

It creates a massive snowball effect and starts to bring the whole community down. I'm sure we've all been somewhere where there's been a Party Pooper or a negative influence that's ended up making everyone around them feel like ****. It's the same principle. Nobody likes to be stuck with the party pooper, so why would anyone want to put themselves in the GF queue if they're likely going to get stuck with someone who whinges about how long it took to get a group?

What I'm suggesting, as I have suggested before, is that people help themselves and the community by dropping the toy chucking routine and get on with the game. Yes keep coming here asking for answers, in a mature fashion. Just let the water flow under the bridge for a while, ask people to group up instead of complaining that no one does. Be patient and you know what, if it's still not making you happy log off and play something else. Kicking up a stink just creates a toxic community, and nobody wants to play in a toxic community.

Who knows, if the server is nicer to play on more people might just stick around and yes, the problem may just fix itself. Just a thought...

Ugh no BW f's up I dont give them sweet little hugs and pats on the back theyre slow reaction time and dimb wittedness almost completely tanked this game those "Lay-offs" and over 1 million people who left where a clear sign of things that need too change and alot of things that still do. Besides doesnt take long to get too 50 people will discover whats wrong in game soon enough.

Just a few questions. A "funny" one and two "serious-ish" one.

1. Which Star Wars film is your favorite?

2. Is James Ohlen still working on TOR? Haven't seen him in any videos lately.

3. Will we be getting a Cinematic trailer for RotHC? (Like the three pre-launch trailers and the HK-51 trailer?)

I hope you do see the irony of whinging about whingers

It gets very very tiresome when you do log in to fleet and General is full of petty whining about how GF or ranked pvp doesn't pop and it's all BW's fault for not merging us when if they'd taken the time to read more forums here they'd see that it's not just a low pop issue and that heavy pop servers have the same issues.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. While I can't speak for ranked pvp, I can definitely say that heavy populated servers have LFG queue times that are (with rare exceptions) relatively quick. These are rough estimates, but on my dps, doing hm fps, I'd say a wait time of about 5-20 min is pretty normal. Heals is instant to about 10 min. (Can't speak to tanks.) Regular pvp (both pre-50 and at 50), instantaneous to 2 min. More population does make a difference when you're talking about queue pops.

Just wanted to note that, as far as I'm concerned, the new direction of the Community Team is the best thing since huttball. I <3 you folks!

Thanks for keeping us more in the internal loop and opening the door a bit! It's extremely refreshing and altogether awesomesauce with a side of win. There will be those that cry foul the first time something you share with us is changed or gets a nix before making it to production, but know that we the reasonably minded greatly appreciate this new approach!