Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

My DS inquisitor contemplated killing Theron. And in response to Arcann's plead, she called Theron "useless". However when the time comes she remembered her man's words and spared Theron.

I left Theron to die on the only toon that also killed Senya and Arcann. That particular toon, a fallen knight, also romanced Theron. She became more and more evil as the game went on so I don't know what Theron saw in her and not betraying her for real. I despise her after she killed Arcann. I only pulled her out to see the DS outcome and now she's back to the bottom of my character's list.

Awww! I get how you feel though, I deleted one of my toons that killed Senya, I just couldn't continue it!:mad::o

I never got to the killing Arcann part, still haven't seen the DS of that chapter...

😟 Nope!!

Edited by Eshvara

I never could understand killing Senya, she was trying to save her son. Then again I killed koth on a few toons after he just annoyed the crap out of me. I found I enjoyed the playthrough more if I did the dark side stuff to get rid of him. So I can't really be on the high horse in this situation. An no it isn't just because he was a valky fanboy though that didn't help his case.

As I understand it, Arcann is now only suitable for the "LS" PC?

It was very strange to hear that he asked the DS Sith warrior to spare the traitor and speaked of friendship and mercy.

My Sith was shocked by such a terrible (in his opinion) manifestation of weakness and he doubted in Arcann.

His reaction was almost like this:

https://imgur.com/a/OsIhp1G

Of course, everything ended well, Theron was not a traitor, and no one had to be executed, but...

It seems that the DS Sith and Arcann have absolutely different views on life. ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

I wonder if Theron is really dead... or if Satele found a way to rescue her son before he died. Did she sense his death or his distress and had time to come? In any case I couldn't have done it, especially after Arcann's plea...

I watched as well the scene where the Commander says he cannot come back, which was my initial plan and again I couldn't on my main. I wonder how/if devs will put him back into the story later on.

As per killing Senya... She is still trying at that time to save a tyrant that the PC has tried to defeat for long and there is no way the PC can know that there is real hope for him. Trying to kill them in space was no problem at all for my sith, Voss was different when Senya begged. :p And oh so happy she did not aim properly at first. :p

I liked the scene with Arcann a hell of a lot, especially some details, such as how the voice breaks on the first "I", before "I don't know what I'd do without you", the kiss, and the way the characters seem to have their foreheads touching when he says "go save the galaxy". That said and especially after the letter, I'd wish Arcann to start becoming a bit less "I'm yours" and "Do whatever you want with me" and a take a few more things under control. I can understand being low profile but come on!

As I understand it, Arcann is now only suitable for the "LS" PC?

It was very strange to hear that he asked the DS Sith warrior to spare the traitor and speaked of friendship and mercy.

My Sith was shocked by such a terrible (in his opinion) manifestation of weakness and he doubted in Arcann.

His reaction was almost like this:

https://imgur.com/a/OsIhp1G

Of course, everything ended well, Theron was not a traitor, and no one had to be executed, but...

It seems that the DS Sith and Arcann have absolutely different views on life. ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

Yes. Arcann seem to think that PC is a paragon, no matter what. Of course compared to Valky it is probably so ;p. But think of the missed opportunities here... Like with Jaessa.

It seems that Arcann too much idealizes the PC and raises it on a pedestal.

Arcann's love becomes like fanaticism or worship. Absolute devotion and complete dissolution in the object of love. PC for him a new god? How are the Valky for the residents of Zakuul?

By the way, Jaessa in any case become a DS? LS no option at all?

Yes. Arcann seem to think that PC is a paragon, no matter what. Of course compared to Valky it is probably so ;p. But think of the missed opportunities here... Like with Jaessa.

Yeah I want a DS Arcann with my DS Sith Warrior so bad (without killing Senya of course). They can rule the galaxy!

I soloed Nathema veteran with Arcann today. It's much more satisfying fighting Vinn with Arcann beside me. When Vinn kept shouting "it's all your fault!" I think he meant both of us. I'm sure he hate us guts since we killed his beloved Emperor Valky together, twice. And there's this debuff called "linked life force" or something, that you have to stay close to each other. I don't know, it's kind of......romantic:p Another missed opportunity that we can't have Arcann there in this fight in the story.

Arcann's love becomes like fanaticism or worship. Absolute devotion and complete dissolution in the object of love. PC for him a new god? How are the Valky for the residents of Zakuul?

This is one way this relationship can go. Too bad we probably won't have much opportunity to explore it further in game. I'd like to see them fight a bit in the future. I do agree his romance suited a LS PC more. However it's so with most other LIs too. I don't understand how half of them will stick with a DSer no matter what.

Oh, so much this! I was thinking it's just me being nitpicky. Hope it is a phase. Fresh start, being free of Valkorion, euphoria of having his "affection returned" and all that. Sad thing is... I think that such behavior is believable :(. And my PC thinks that Arcann needs a lot of hugs and a strong kick so he knows that she do care and not going anywhere and would like him to grow his backbone back :D!

By the way, Jaessa in any case become a DS? LS no option at all?

Rumors are that DS Jaessa is returning, I heard nothing about LS version. Maybe war corrupted LS Jaessa? All that death and suffering... A couple of betrayals. Bam!

This is one way this relationship can go. Too bad we probably won't have much opportunity to explore it further in game. I'd like to see them fight a bit in the future. I do agree his romance suited a LS PC more. However it's so with most other LIs too. I don't understand how half of them will stick with a DSer no matter what.

In a way, we have almost a blank slate on our PC hands and in ideal game, they would be able to nudge it in the desired direction... So, depending on how PC acts, they can get an equal relationship, the blind devotion, the unholy matrimony with an even evil have loved ones flavor. Or PC can kick the puppy till it bites back. But I do not think that even if BW will give us Jaessa-like development, they will dare to explore some DS options. Brainwashing of someone who trusts you that much? Yehhh, that's a can of worms. Still, the possibilities...

I soloed Nathema veteran with Arcann today.

Damn, I almost made this "squeal" sound! Talk about corruption... :D

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Another missed opportunity that we can't have Arcann there in this fight in the story.

I was hoping that Arcann would be able to participate in the FP as a multi-companion, but this place was occupied by Theron. Although it was more logical to reveal the cards of Theron only before the final battle, and not to destroy the intrigue at the beginning of the FP.

Honestly, I expected various interesting plot twists: that the traitor is Lana, that Theron was being zombified, that Valky / Vaylin is still sitting in the head of the PC, and Theron is trying to stop them ...

But the story, unfortunately, turned out to be banal.

Even for not pure DS characters, i'd find it sad to have Arcann become a flabby little follower. Oh come on, from emperor of the galaxy to sluggish minion is too hard a change. The guy needs to get some temper again! I'm all good with a tiny bit of worshipping and being crazy in love, but that does not mean one's self completely!

Oh, so much this! I was thinking it's just me being nitpicky. Hope it is a phase. Fresh start, being free of Valkorion, euphoria of having his "affection returned" and all that. Sad thing is... I think that such behavior is believable :(. And my PC thinks that Arcann needs a lot of hugs and a strong kick so he knows that she do care and not going anywhere and would like him to grow his backbone back :D!

I honestly don't get this read from him, after Voss he has some understandable confidence issues with decision making but this latest scene is actually a sign of progress on that issue. He comes to you and asks you to show Theron mercy (which with some Pcs could be dicey) and doesn't change his stance if you take the less receptive options. Thats better than when the confrontational option is taken about Vaylin at his recruitment.

Honestly redeemed Arcann (minus the decision making issues) is what I always saw him as (minus Valky :D). Quietly confident (in general), sarcastic streak, at times overconfident bordering on arrogance in certain areas (in self/specific people/specific events) Etc. We haven't seen many interactions between him and the Pc outside of fighting Valky, if we do I expect to see more poking/teasing :D Some of that dry sense of humour.

It's only really the Pc he's shy(ish) with. He admires/is attracted to you, a certain level of shyness is normal (He's already admitted he hasn't much experience in this area).

Given that he's surounded by a group built to depose him, and likely filled with folks who'd like to see him dead/suffer, he's very uncowed considering.

----

Thank you Ru (and [Redacted], formerly Darth Imperius, currently Commander of the Alliance, soon to be *spoiler*) for your considerate note, I am currently prodding Darth [Redacted], Wrath of the Emperor, formerly Apprentice to Darth Baras into a response as is befitting of your/her kind gesture :)

I honestly don't get this read from him, after Voss he has some understandable confidence issues with decision making but this latest scene is actually a sign of progress on that issue. He comes to you and asks you to show Theron mercy (which with some Pcs could be dicey) and doesn't change his stance if you take the less receptive options. Thats better than when the confrontational option is taken about Vaylin at his recruitment.

Honestly redeemed Arcann (minus the decision making issues) is what I always saw him as (minus Valky :D). Quietly confident (in general), sarcastic streak, at times overconfident bordering on arrogance in certain areas (in self/specific people/specific events) Etc. We haven't seen many interactions between him and the Pc outside of fighting Valky, if we do I expect to see more poking/teasing :D Some of that dry sense of humour.

It's only really the Pc he's shy(ish) with. He admires/is attracted to you, a certain level of shyness is normal (He's already admitted he hasn't much experience in this area).

Given that he's surounded by a group built to depose him, and likely filled with folks who'd like to see him dead/suffer, he's very uncowed considering.

I agree with your points here. I also don't see him as a flabby soft follower. His personality may have softened, but he is still Arcann, and as he points out he is finally himself, not a tool or a title, not a hate and anger driven maniac. Just himself. Big growth in my opinion

I agree with your points here. I also don't see him as a flabby soft follower. His personality may have softened, but he is still Arcann, and as he points out he is finally himself, not a tool or a title, not a hate and anger driven maniac. Just himself. Big growth in my opinion

He is not yet. I just hope it stops going in that direction and he regains a bit of confidence and a bit more of being equal to the PC.

I hope their relationship does not turn intoin the style of "The Deity and His Devoted Slave." Perhaps the developers in this way just want to show that Arсann has changed and is grateful to the PC for saving his life, or he is under the influence of the first love that dazzles ...

But I sincerely hope that Arcann will not turn into a weak-willed and spineless follower.

I was sure that with DS PC they would together rule the galaxy, like Revan and Malak.

Any idea why Arсann begs about mercy for Theron ? Earlier in the letter he was ready to punish the traitor. Why did he change his mind to the opposite?

He does not want to see a PC a cruel executioner? Or are they friends with Theron?

Very strange...

Yup, just subtle in that the focus (gamewise) has been decidedly elswhere :) I'm glad your feeling better about the recent arc (Theron), at least I assume so; your signature seems happier.

He is not yet. I just hope it stops going in that direction and he regains a bit of confidence and a bit more of being equal to the PC.

I'm not worried, Arcann's never had any trouble keeping up with our Pc. He's just not had many opportunities (in cutscenes) to show his awesomeness post KotET that's all :):rak_03:

Any idea why Arсann begs about mercy for Theron ? Earlier in the letter he was ready to punish the traitor. Why did he change his mind to the opposite?

He does not want to see a PC a cruel executioner? Or are they friends with Theron?

Very strange...

My take on this is that PC and Theron are supposed to be at the very least really close friends.

So I think Arcann is more willing to spare the PC the pain of killing a brother like figure (or a lover if you romance Theron), because he does not want our PC to feel like he feels about being the one who took his twin's life.

Very strange...

This part is really not the one that bothers me (the letter does more). I think that it makes sense that he has second thought on this matter. He received an incredible about of forgiveness and compassion, how could he want the opposite for another? Especially a former trusted ally?

I don't think he really says that he wants to punish the traitor. He says that he can be the PC's hand, whatever this hand is requested to do. For me it is slightly different. And in a mix of full dedication to the PC and feelings that are awakening, I can understand that the betrayal stingshim hard. Now there is what you feel and say when things happen, and things you think when you cool down, and I think that we are in that situation here. Arcann wants to protect PC, but he must be the right person to realise that revenge is not always right. Plus, protecting the PC might as well mean protecting him/her from taking the same kind of decisions he took in his past.

Yup, just subtle in that the focus (gamewise) has been decidedly elswhere :) I'm glad your feeling better about the recent arc (Theron), at least I assume so; your signature seems happier.

I decided to give Charles one more chance, he said even though Theron could be dead, he'd still have minor story role if alive. If he lied though, I'll be decidedly less happy then I was a few days ago.

My take on this is that PC and Theron are supposed to be at the very least really close friends.

So I think Arcann is more willing to spare the PC the pain of killing a brother like figure (or a lover if you romance Theron), because he does not want our PC to feel like he feels about being the one who took his twin's life.

This. I mentioned in a different thread that the story, regardless of a player's wishes, has Lana, Theron and the PC as a very close team of close friends.. almost to the point of close siblings. It's how it's written, accepting that makes so much more of the story make sense. Even though I understand people decidedly do not want it, I understand that completely but it is the foundation of the story since SoR.

So it makes sense he doesn't want the PC to suffer over killing a brother like he did.

I was sure that with DS PC they would together rule the galaxy, like Revan and Malak.

Very strange...

I understand the appeal :D

I think it has to do with how he sees the Pc. To him the Pc is a protector of their own, exactly how they go about it varies from Pc to Pc but they protect whats theirs and are capable of mercy (proven in how they dealt with him). Also he sees Theron's crimes as greatly lesser than his own, so if you can't forgive Theron how could you forgive him? I think he is concerned that your rage will control your decision (he has some experience with that :(). He identifies with him a bit aswell I expect (anyone in need of forgiveness).

Plus Theron was there when he was recruited, tied in with his entrance into the alliance.

I like his softer redeemed self. And softer doesn't have to mean he's a mindless follower either. Thanks Sam for sneaking his latest letter in before she left Bioware. I appreciate that she's trying to give Arcann some character development through limited means.

But, with different PCs, the dynamic of the relationship can be vastly different like @RandomName_Ru mentioned somewhere above

I'm not worried, Arcann's never had any trouble keeping up with our Pc. He's just not had many opportunities (in cutscenes) to show his awesomeness post KotET that's all :):rak_03:

I think that's problem here. And I'm afraid we may not have that many opportunities in the future either.

edit:

[quote=MrJunay;9594347

Very strange...

Like@Iheaca I think that he was having a second thought after the Umbara letter.

Edited by LamiaKan

Yes, it is very suitable for the LS option.

But in the DS version of the relationship is not based on friendship, but in the style of "master - slave." This excludes such concepts as mercy and friendship.

Dialogue for DS PCs should be based on personal gain.

Most likely, the developers think that the DS PC can not have Arcann at all. And they made only one version of the dialogue - for the LS PC.

I think he is concerned that your rage will control your decision (he has some experience with that :(). He identifies with him a bit aswell I expect (anyone in need of forgiveness).

But for the Sith to live their rage - the norm.

It turns out, Arcann refers to the "dark" PC as if he were "light".

Edited by MrJunay

Yes, it is very suitable for the LS option.

But in the DS version of the relationship is not based on friendship, but in the style of "master - slave." This excludes such concepts as mercy and friendship.

Dialogue for DS PCs should be based on personal gain.

Most likely, the developers think that the DS PC can not have Arcann at all. And they made only one version of the dialogue - for the LS PC.

LS/DS don't just come in one shade, you can play them in many different ways. At the end of the day he perceives the Pc as someone capable of mercy because they showed him mercy. He may be misinterpreting their intentions in doing so and isn't that another ball of sad :( He's still so trusting despite Valky... but that doesn't make the behaviour incorrect for him.

Yes,

But for the Sith to live their rage - the norm.

It turns out, Arcann refers to the "dark" PC as if he were "light".

Using rage as a weapon and being controlled by your rage is not the same, he just doesn't necessarily know where your Siths line is (between the two) :). Also he's Zakuulan, he may (probably doesn't) not know the details of Sith or Jedi philosophy. Nevermind that different Sith/Jedi will have their own interpretation of their respective codes.

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused