Need help finishing the final trooper quest boss fight (Spoiler alert)

Junebugman

I can't seem to kill General Rakkton or his guards. I haven't even got to him yet but his two crazy healbots that keep pushing me away. My best strat is to kill 1 and die just so I can face the other guy..but I can't even take one of them down...I get 1 to around 30-40% hp and I die.

How did you guys do it?

Concussive Round on the general, (no AoE or you will wake him up) kill the two guards, heal yourself and wait for your clip to be recharged. Then finish off the general, dont forget to pause him with cryo grenade so you can catch your breath for a sec. If you cant take the general down, stun him again with concussive round (no to long because his health regenerates because of it) long enough to heal/recharge.

DPS'ing: Use Grav rounds to lower armor, then Charged Bolts together with Hammer Shot to keep your clip about 50-75%

(im about 50/50 combat medic / gunnery)

If all fails: /1 Can someone help me with my class quest?

Edited by Uthyr

I kited them around the middle console. Whenever someone wanted to heal the other one, they were out of line of sight. If you're a commando, just sap one of the two and kill the other one. If you're Vanguard, make use of Riot Strike and Cryo Grenade and just constantly move around the middle console. They will heal up a bit sometimes but you should wear one of them down eventually. The other one shouldn't pose a problem. If I remember correctly the General wasn't really that dangerous.

Oh and one thing: When I did this quest, the General was in some corner not doing anything. Maybe it was a bug, maybe it wasn't, dunno. ;)

Edited by QuippingPenguin

I can't seem to kill General Rakkton or his guards. I haven't even got to him yet but his two crazy healbots that keep pushing me away. My best strat is to kill 1 and die just so I can face the other guy..but I can't even take one of them down...I get 1 to around 30-40% hp and I die.

How did you guys do it?

I've posted before that I think this battle needs a little tuning. While it's not impossible it's very difficult. I believe this is the case for two reasons: First, it's really the first true level 50 area we encounter as Troopers. Second, it requires more situational awareness than any other encounter (excluding flashpoints) that we've seen while leveling.

You've got the right idea - burn one down then start on the second.

The key to this fight is awareness. Make sure you know when they're trying to heal each other and use your interrupts (Vanguards basically have 5) to your advantage.

Here was my strat as an SS Vanguard with Elara healing.

1. Use an appropriate DPS stim
  2. At the start of the fight separate the guards with Harpoon. Try to position your back to the wall and definitely don't stand between them.
  3. Cryo Grenade the distant guard then begin burning the close one (hit your DPS cooldown at the start of the fight).
  4. Interrupt using a rotation of Riot Strike and Neural Surge.
  5. Before Cryo wears off hit No Retreat. Save your second Cryo Grenade until you see the distant guard starting to heal then use it to interrupt.
  6. Keep burning and interrupting the guard in melee range.
  7. When the second Cryo wears off use Storm to interrupt when necessary and run back to the first guard to continue dps.

If you get knocked back remember that you can back out a few steps and use Harpoon as an interrupt - running in for Neural Surge or Riot Strike aren't the only way to interrupt.

If this doesn't work do a quick gear audit and see what's below level 47. Right about now it's not too hard to get the level 49 crafted green sets so upgrade where necessary.

Why's it so tough? This is one of the first true level 50 areas you'll encounter (unless you've been running flashpoints). Your gear, and your companions gear, play a big role in evening the odds so make sure you max everything out as best as possible.

uhhh this isn't a final fight.

wait till you hit illum before you start doing FPs on your class quest.

(holy **** that fight)

i did it by entering the pvp que

kill off a bunch of his helpers, get summoned away.

after three cycles i got through all of his ridiculous special **** and burned him down faster than he could me.

There are 2 types of fights.

1) Caster fight (guns/spells)

2) Melee fight.

Now, I am a gunnery commando and I use Elara as my companion...but this is what I do and I find it I can pretty much beat anything.

For Caster fights, I simply look around before the fight for a wall I can hide behind. Then I start unloading on the boss. once I see him starting to cast something (since thats the skills that usually hurt me the most) I run behind the wall until the cast is done, then I jump back out and unload again.

With Elara healing and also doing damage, it is pretty much a cakewalk.

Melee boss fights are a bit more difficult because since I am using Elara, I now become the tank.

With these fights, it is critical to use your knockback/freeze skills.

So to start, I unload on the boss. As soon as the boss gets to me, I use the skill (cannot remember the name) that knocks them a good distance away from me. This also appears to slow them down a little so I can unload again.

Then once the boss gets back to me again, I use stockstrike to temp stun again, and run around shooting/gernading him.

After that, I typically use my cyro gernade to stop him and unload on him.

By that time, by large pushback and stockstrike are ready to use again and I repeat the process.

A lot of the times Ill still run around to keep him at max distance the best I can.

While running, I continue to get healed...although on some fightts I have used a pot to heal myself. I have even healed myself while boss is cryo'ed too...just depends on where my health stands.

• 4 weeks later...
Was the fight recently nerfed severely? Cause I actually came here to complain how easy it was for a a final boss fight. For the first thing, Rakton ran away and I only had to fight 2 of his commandoes. Then it was a 1v1 (or 1v2 actually, considering my comp) against the general, which was a piece of cake, although I only was lvl 49 with semi-decent gear. Edited by antidenizen

Was the fight recently nerfed severely? Cause I actually came here to complain how easy it was for a a final boss fight. For the first thing, Rakton ran away and I only had to fight 2 of his commandoes. Then it was a 1v1 (or 1v2 actually, considering my comp) against the general, which was a piece of cake, although I only was lvl 49 with semi-decent gear.

I had the same thing, which made me wonder what people complained about. I had the convo and on initial fighting he teleports away into a corner and I just pwned his 2 adds with ease. After that you're not even still in a fight and can heal up and go beat the General.

I have a gunnery spec commando, I died the first time because I thought I could out DPS the heals of the elite guards. When that failed I simply used concussive round on one of the guards, killed the other one, took a breather then killed the second guard.

I never had a hard time against poor old general rakton, I just avoided his aoe's, used cryo grenade and just went on with my usual rotation. The lowest I ever got was probably at 55% hp, then I used my medpack, adrenaline rush and squeezed in an advanced medical probe then returned to my rotation

Posts like this make me SO glad I went healer. I honestly didn't even know it was the final boss. I just thought it was just another dude to kill. And yes, I hit spacebar too much.

Hehe, exactly.

Kill guard 1

Kill guard 2

Kill General

(with some heals in between)