Question about Maul and Vader

ScheurK

I got his from Darth Mauls biography on wookiepedia

"Later, Maul was sent to Naboo, where he fought Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Though he killed the Jedi Master, Maul underestimated Kenobi’s skill and was severed at the waist by the Padawan. Sidious would quickly replace Maul with a more powerful apprentice: the late Qui-Gon Jinn's fallen former Master Dooku, dubbed as Darth Tyranus.

Surviving his defeat on Naboo, Maul returned to prominence during the Clone Wars, during which he was sought out by his brother, Savage Opress, for training in the dark side."

Now reading this i found these lines funny together:

1. Maul underestimated Kenobi’s skill and was severed at the waist by the Padawan.

2. Surviving his defeat on Naboo, Maul returned to prominence during the Clone Wars,

Severed at the waist then survived? lol thats some mad dark side powers.. I think the Sith just sold me... im in!

I just found it funny that they didn't say "Mauls body was found by so-and-so and brought back to "this place" and was put back together with cyborg enhancements blah blah" all it says is basically "Maul was sliced in half, he was perfectly ok and continued his mission" lol

Severed at the waist then survived? lol thats some mad dark side powers.. I think the Sith just sold me... im in!

Reminds me of the Nikto Dark Jedi Maw, in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. In the intro-film, where Qu Rahm is interrogated by Jerec and his cronies (including Maw) you see that he is cut clean in half by Qu Rahm, but later on he's the first of the Dark Jedi (if memory server me right) to be fought. You see then that his upper body is placed on some sort of repulsor-sled-thingie. Cut in half & cleardly survived to ordeal.

I just found it funny that they didn't say "Mauls body was found by so-and-so and brought back to "this place" and was put back together with cyborg enhancements blah blah" all it says is basically "Maul was sliced in half, he was perfectly ok and continued his mission" lol

He got better.

Well we know that Maul got resurrected, though his body was cut in half.

Why didn't Sidious learn this ritual in order to restore Vader to his former more powerful self?

Well, why would he resurrect someone who just threw him to a nearly bottomless chasm?

Edited by Karkais

For those curious this is what happens apparently.

Maul survived his ordeal on Naboo and returned to prominence during the Clone Wars, living on the planet Lotho Minor in a state of near-madness, his memories lost to him. Nevertheless, he acquired a six-legged cybernetic apparatus to replace his lost lower body. Eventually, Opress found Maul, and the former Sith Lord was brought back to Dathomir to be treated by Mother Talzin.[8]

From wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

Edited by Txindoki

Neither were completely ruined by the destruction of their bodies, but it did mean that neither could achieve their full potential.

Maul is a natural being, and thus even being cloned would result in a being of comparable strength (given similar training or mind transfer).

Vader on the other hand is not natural, he was conceived via the force, and no cloned body would have the same potential. Therefore, Plaguis/Sidious plan of the perfect apprentice failed when Anakin was "destroyed". He was still powerful, just no longer as much as he could have been.

That's my take anyways