Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE

The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

These are the unofficial Australian servers.

We're trying to jam an entire countries-woth of players onto two servers; obviously they're going to be flooded.

Unfortunately, in the absence of designated Oceanic servers the our desire to play with as many people in our timezone as possible means we're going to congregate together means we're going to congregate on those servers.

While I understand that you have not launched here yet, and may see that as a reason not to work too hard to support us, I don't think most of us will see rolling on random low pop servers, and being dispersed among a much higher percentage of US-based players, as a viable or attractive alternative.

Perhaps a few US servers could be flagged as "Oceanic" purely to help us gather? Otherwise I am sure the Australian / RedZone community will pick one as a tertiary (after Jek'something, which is already the secondary).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeaah an update!!

Tho can i ask u Mr. Reid why aint there 2nd English RPPVP serverin Europe? (germany and french maybe as well but rest of europe is 4 times as big as those two countries.)

There's a queue for it already since thursday on peak hours, and today since launch whole day!

European time of course (wich somehow i get a feeling doesn't get monitored much untill u guys wake up :p no offense further tho).

But i would gladly reroll to a 2nd English Rppvp server in Europe. Feeling a bit left out at the moment with the release of todays new servers.

Thanks a lot for the update!

For many people just knowing that the issues is worked on and acknowledged helps a lot. I see well the reason for why things are done as they are (re: not full cap at start to make people roll elsewhere)... and it would have probably been quite fine if it was not those two bugs that keep popping up when queing... making one spend (now in total) days not hours in que.

All that leads to more people not loggin out ever, thus making the problem larger.

You guys are looking at huge figures you take in from us in the years to come, so hire a few extra guys to take on the simple tasks, and put the brains in the outfit to fix those ASAP. Will save a lot of time and frustration in the long run =D

Maybe an idea but disable the new char creation on those servers?

U say not to roll those servers unless u are willing to have long que times. What about the people that are allready on it? When new people join that dont mind que times the que times get larger for EVERYONE?

Also place all the servers on the list wich have que times of more then 15min, now you are directing people to servers that also have 1hour que times wich will increase then also.

If I could play my republic char on another server while waiting to connect to my main, I wouldn't mind any queue times. So far max I've waited is 40 mins, I guess the wait would be easier if you could play the game on another server while being in connection queue :p

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem.

OR EA/BW could simply prevent new character creation on these servers until populations stabilize - what an interesting concept ....

We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

So basically Early Game Access was a waste of time if EA/BW happened to place your guild on one of these high population servers and you aren't able wait 2+ hours. EA/BW are inherently encouraging players not to ever log off for the fear of having a long queue time when they want to play again thus making the problem even worse.

The phrase "Piss Poor Planning" comes to mind.

I still see only good way to lock listed servers and raise there population cap for those who are already on these servers. 1500+ people in queques is enough... We do not need newcomers here. When will situation calm down you could unlock these servers...

You can add the EU RP server The Progenitor to your watch list too.

I keep getting kicked off and have to go in queue to get back on. Very annoying. Especially for my friends who are still in the game, waiting for me to return.

I never had this issue until today. And no it is NOT my internet connection. I still chat with my friends on teamspeak when I get kicked off.

They should give players a warning when joining on those server. "Expect long queu's at peak hours. Are you sure you want to queu for 4 hours long every day?" This will scare them off hopefully or even better. Give a boost on the low pop servers like they did on warhammer online. Exp boost or something.