NM Kraggas Palace 16 man Jarg/sorno FlusterCluck

Bioware...

This fight is the hardest 16 man Operation encounter in the game....you need 3 tanks to do it..

Why because your tanks in between phases can get carbonized up to 3 times.... allowing jarg and sorno to run around the raid and one shot healers/dps...

This is such bad Raid Design... Really Bad Raid design BW....Seriously 1 time maybe twotimes but three times per tank on both tanks?

Lets take some of the RNG out for this encounter, it really doesnt need to be there.

Don't want to be picky, but when you know the tanks may get carbonized, it's not a 'RNG', but rather a mechanics.

'RNG' is doing minesweeper and needing 6 probes to finish it. (Yes, patch note did says 4 probes, however the patchnote is wrong).

...Your raid is not clever at all bro.

Have some DPS that can taunt maintain 2nd and 3rd aggro on Jorn. Then they get frozen, and Sorno tank picks up boss. If DPS cant kill probes fast enough then I don't know what to tell you except it's tuned to do this encounter with 4 healers and your DPS in columi gear (that's how we did it first time).

...Your raid is not clever at all bro.

Have some DPS that can taunt maintain 2nd and 3rd aggro on Jorn. Then they get frozen, and Sorno tank picks up boss. If DPS cant kill probes fast enough then I don't know what to tell you except it's tuned to do this encounter with 4 healers and your DPS in columi gear (that's how we did it first time).

^^^

This is one of the best fights in the game, I think. Lots of fun :)

Someone else described this above but I wanted to add some more detail... We have a DPS Powetertech equip some tanking gear (shield, implant, bracers, belt, helm, ear). The PT is placed in the Ranged group on Jarg because the PT can get within 10M and not get hit by Jarg's AOE... Shortly before the Carbonize step occurs, the PT switches to Tank Stance and taunts Jarg... Then the Tank taunts back..

This places the PT and the Tank on the top of Jarg's threat list... The PT stays in Tank Stance to maintain that threat level.. When the first carbonize occurs, The PT and Jarg’s Tank should get carbonized... This leaves Sorno's Tank to pick up Jarg... Bottom line is that whoever did not cat carbonized between the 2 tanks and the PT must pick up the boss… The PT will switch back to DPS stance after the carbonize phase is over and then repeat the process before the next carbonize phase… I think there are some specific emotes to signal an upcoming carbonize phase… We just know based on the timing… that’s the way we manage that fight… having said that, I agree with you that this fight in Nighmare is difficult and requires good execution by the entire raid…

It's really helpful to have a 3rd and even a 4th off-tank, especially on a 16 man. Shadows/Assassins make good off-tank.

As a Shadow, I pop in my shield off-hand and a few pieces of tank gear to get me to over 22K HP (stim+buff), then turn on Combat Technique, pop my shield, and for 15 seconds I am a tank in every sense of the word.

Bioware...

This fight is the hardest 16 man Operation encounter in the game....you need 3 tanks to do it..

Why because your tanks in between phases can get carbonized up to 3 times.... allowing jarg and sorno to run around the raid and one shot healers/dps...

This is such bad Raid Design... Really Bad Raid design BW....Seriously 1 time maybe twotimes but three times per tank on both tanks?

Lets take some of the RNG out for this encounter, it really doesnt need to be there.

Even if the post would be correct I would fail to see bad design in needing 3 tanks for a 16 man group.