• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my list for being level 50 for a week and a half:

General items (no particular order):

-More environment interaction with inturn more codex entries.

-Legacy system implemented soon (We are all curious what it’s going to be!)

-Alderaan war zone frame rate fix. 10 people fighting near one of the side cannons, unless you have a top of the line pc it gets near unplayable. I have a pretty beefy pc that runs everything else just fine except this particular warzone.

-A redo of Ilum pvp objectives. Right now there is no incentive to actually pvp. You get better results by just trading objectives. And if no opposing side wants to trade the pvp zone is worthless.

-PvP item prices reduced at least on tier 1 champion gear. The amount of time needed to grind for tier 1 (especially if you’re unlucky on bags and get 5 bracers and 3 implants) is almost too much for introductory pieces.

-More modification tables! It seems like for the first few planets they are everywhere and easy to find. But in the late 30s to 50s, you got to fly back to the fleet to find one.

-There is some clipping with the environment on one of the flight paths in Alderaan. Like you fly through a mountain.

-Map Markers! I’d certainly like them. The ability to open your map, provide yourself a mark on where you are wanting to go.

-Guild screen could use a lot of work. Right now its just too simple for the amount of things guilds do.

-Open range starship pvp

Class items for operative:

-Make knockbacks fill resolve bars. Knockbacks are autowin for huttball.

-delay on escape ability is too long. By the time you press the button and actually get out of any CC, 3 seconds have passed and you’re re-CC’ed

-For concealment spec, either make us less reliant on hidden strike or fix stealth and combat. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to sit and wait 10 seconds to get out of combat with no one within 60 meters of me.

-For lethality spec, it doesn’t feel right. Too many buttons for too little a window in both pve and pvp. You apply dots, but your dots don’t give tactical advantage, so you have to use shiv. And by the time you have it all set up you have no time for cull.

-Medical spec needs another “Oh crap” button if you run out of energy and the energy return on diagnostic scan is too low. Kolto infusion doesn’t seem very good after you get surgical probe.

-Missed opprotunity at the end of chapter 3 class story. You could have pointed the player to vault of eternity rather than being freelance.

Edited by GeoLager

The ability delay issue is merely tweaking, it has nothing to do with content which is what the OP was refering to. I find the Warzones filled with tons of fun, but what is killing it for me aswell is the ability delay. We have gotten a response from the Lead Combat Designer that they are investigating this issue, it will just take a little time.

They have already began seperating the brackets, it was probably just like that for a while so people in higher levels wouldn't be completely alone when it came to PvP content.

Arenas is content, same with rated Warzones. Those are PERFECT expansion content for later on. Don't expect to be spoonfed every possible idea coming out of the designers' heads at launch, that just makes you look greedy.

I have no idea what you mean about "objective swapping" so I won't get into that.

Lack of proper WorldPvP comes down to the community, not the game. Let people get settled into the game and get used to it before they start ganking newbie butt.

MMOs are the most time consuming and dangerous games to make. They don't just take up a lot of time for developers and designers, but the playerbase aswell.

The best thing we can do is be patient, if you were there at WoW launch you will know what patience feels like.

I understand why they didn't separate the brackets at launch, but there are more than enough 50s for PvP at this point. Anyone that level caps faster than 90% of the community should expect longer queues. Sending them to grief the rest of the players in warzones is simply not a good idea. Bracket separation should have happened with 1.0.2.

What do you mean, "don't expect to be spoonfed every possible idea"? I like how you try to portray me as some sort of child for simply stating that there is no incentive to PvP beyond getting gear capped. If you can provide evidence otherwise, then please do so. If you don't like what I'm saying then ignore it. Your ad hominem does not change that fact and attacking me personally does not give your statement any sort of validity.

Asking for content that I would like to see in the future does not make me greedy. Without community feedback, the development team would be guessing what the community wants for the game. Do you honestly believe that to be a better alternative?

"I have no idea what you mean about "objective swapping" so I won't get into that."

Just like the Hellfire Fortifications in World Of Warcraft, you cannot complete your quests unless the other team currently controls the objective. Guess what happens when you come to the zone and your own faction currently controls the objective? Nothing. You can't complete your objectives. You have to let the enemy faction take control of the objective before you fight to get it back. It doesn't take long before players realize the best thing to swap back and forth without actually attacking each other. That horrendous design gives me little faith in the development teams experience with PvP.

"Lack of proper WorldPvP comes down to the community, not the game. Let people get settled into the game and get used to it before they start ganking newbie butt."

Actually, if the developers give absolutely no incentive to do it, why would someone be bothered to do so? For one, most of enemy faction areas are strictly off-limits. You will die from "exhaustion" before you can reach a town. Additionally, you gain ZERO rewards for killing an enemy outside of a warzone. Warzones can be queued from anywhere in the world and you are sent to fight instantly once the queue pops up.

Being patient and being quiet are two different things. Don't confuse the issue and please, please, PLEASE do not reference the launch of a game 7 years ago as if the standards for the MMORPG genre haven't changed. What do you think would happen if a new FPS launched with the original Quake game engine?

Great constructive post! I'm relatively new to MMOs except for some more kid-based ones I played with my family before...so here, from a total newbie's perspective, are things from your post I'd also especially like to see:

>>4. Allow us to turn off head gear for companions. Plenty of threads on this already. Go go now, code this in.

Yes, yes yes! My Corso needs his dreads blowing in the wind.

>>5. I know the UI is getting fixed. Allow us to move it, resize it, etc. This can't happen soon enough.

Would be very helpful!

>>>7. Give us stuff to decorate the inside of our ship. Player housing is a huge strength in mmo's. This will help keep me interested in my lvl50 character by giving him something to do other than killing the same bosses over and over again for gear.

TOTALLY THIS. I'm a collector-oriented player. Collecting keeps me in a game for years. All I have to collect right now is gear, and even THAT there is so little I can collect based on appearances. I SO want to collect things for my ship, and I'm completely into decorating my ship. BTW, as a collector, I was beyond extremely disappointed how little there was to collect in the CE store. Bummer that.

>>9. Refine the Galactic Trade Network. Even Tabula Rasa (lol) had a search option to browse items by type. I shouldn't have to scroll through 17 pages of bracers and belts to look for something to wear on my head. I respect you guys at BioWare, however let's be honest, the GTN interface as it stands is an epic failure for the amount of money and time you've had on this game.

Also this. I'm a credits and economy motivated player also. If the economy is healthy, the game is healthy. Wish we could also have our own "Stores" in some sore of player-vendor where I could set up shop, and also just outright buy stuff from others without having to go through the annoying GTN.

>>12. Why do I need to go to a cantina? Sure, there's rest XP for my low level toons, but what purpose do they really serve other than an inn? Can we get some quests, or maybe earn social XP, to push people into the cantinas to dance. Maybe a personal profession system, where we choose dancing or music or something similar that we can level in the cantinas. It would help get that second "m" in the "mmo". Just a thought.

Wish the cantinas were more lively and felt more like the cantina in Star Wars...with tons of species and all that...

>>14. Get the in game CSR's to start cleaning up names now. Legacy names like "Rapetastic" and "Childmolestor" really shouldn't stand more than a few hours after being reported.

WOW. Haven't seen much of this, but that needs to be fixed ASAP.

>>15. Break the mold with level 50. Don't make it all about PvP or Pve, give us more to do. I mentioned collecting things to decorate our ships with, how up pod racing, or racing our spaceships? Set up racing circuits around the galaxy, could be fun.

I'm actually dreading getting to Level 50. Without collecting/decorating/better economy I'm afraid I'll be bored. If all I have to do is fight, what a waste of a great Universe and character!

That is the perspective of a newbie that wants to keep enjoying this game for a long, long time.

So...thanks for the great post OP. And thanks to the Devs that hopefully read this thread!

Thanks to everyone that has given a positive reply, even if you disagree with some of my points.

Not all Bounty Hunters are Mandalorian... you know this, correct? A Mandalorian is a citizen of the planet Mandalore.

I am aware of this.

The Mandalore himself makes you Mandalorian because of your actions during the Bounty Hunter story line. This is re-affirmed several times, with The Mandalore and other NPC's referring to you as Mandalorian. The story is VERY clear on this, and it follows canon. Mandalorian isn't just a tribe, but a way of life. It takes someone very special to be adopted by the people, moreso when done by the Mandalore himself.

I agree with all of OP's points, except the GTN. You can specifically search for item types, cost, level, whether it's blue or purple etc. I think it works perfectly.

There is a Search function under construction where you can search for names of the items, but according to a developer post; it had a lot of issues that couldn't be fixed with just 1 line of code, so they removed it to be able to fix it thouroughly.

SWTOR, as it stands now, has a lot of amazing content and some very bad content, but the potential for this game is unlimited. They have, what? 40-50 years of comic books, novels, movies, TV series etc. to draw inspiration and ideas from, but I loved that they focused most of their attention on the leveling experience. That will keep me entertained for months.

99% of all the feature suggestions people have are perfect for expansion content. Just because it's not in the game at launch, doesn't mean the game designers don't have plans for when to put it in the game.

Remember guys, it's EA. They have probably worked up a massive schedule that goes on for the next 2-3 years of what content to put in when.

They draw you in with the amazing story lines, then they make you ecstatic when they add new cool features and gameplay content.

I feel a little like a "/tinfoilhat" should be added at the end here, but it wouldn't surprise me considering the massive amounts of money involved in the gaming industry nowadays.

Gotcha. I just want to be able to search by gear slots. That other game spoiled me. Along with 12million + other players. Silly, I know...

Wish the cantinas were more lively and felt more like the cantina in Star Wars...with tons of species and all that...

I'm actually dreading getting to Level 50. Without collecting/decorating/better economy I'm afraid I'll be bored. If all I have to do is fight, what a waste of a great Universe and character!

That is the perspective of a newbie that wants to keep enjoying this game for a long, long time.

So...thanks for the great post OP. And thanks to the Devs that hopefully read this thread!

You're welcome! I'm not alone, most of the people playing SWTOR right now wish it the best, it's just easy to get drowned out on these forums.

Don't dread 50, it's fun. But if it's not completely to your liking, there are 7 other stories to enjoy. Although the ending of the Bounty Hunter story was kind of flat (in my opinion, you can see others loved it) I'm certain most of these stories are going to be jsut as amazing as the SI. I've heard rumors about some that I have to see to believe.

And I will. :D

TOTALLY THIS. I'm a collector-oriented player. Collecting keeps me in a game for years. All I have to collect right now is gear, and even THAT there is so little I can collect based on appearances. I SO want to collect things for my ship, and I'm completely into decorating my ship. BTW, as a collector, I was beyond extremely disappointed how little there was to collect in the CE store. Bummer that.

I think Developers lose sight of this type of player. I split myself between all the aspects of the game; some solid end game raiding, good team pvp, a little player made event every once in awhile, and serious rare collecting. I was the first on my old SWG server to have full RIS armor, and probably the only person in WoW that could hold a conversation by linking flavor text off grey items I had collected. Some of them... just wow, naughty and fun.

I too would like to salute the OP for an excellent, accurate, upbeat and mature post. I agree with every point.

Also, I agree with another post in this thread that I wish there was something we could do to improve the forums, esp. to try to shut down the trolls. I don't care how much I get flamed for this, the trolls are an embarrassment to the entire community, both players and EA/BW. DAoC and WoW both suffered from it, and I am just loathe to see them get dug in here. What is especially onerous to me are the ones who don't play the game, but just sit in forums and bash the game, bash EA/BW, and flame people. Perhaps they could come up with some way to filter non-players out of the forums...maybe let you make one post per day for every hour you play that day, or use a weekly average, or something. That may not be the best idea, but something needs to be done about these troglodytes....:D