Developer Update – Terror from Beyond

CourtneyWoods

Just curious what will story mode drop? I was going to assume Campaign, but it mentiones EC Hm for that. And I myself haven't taken the time to really try to get into a ec hm. Also hope this is more mechanics then just an enrage timer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious what will story mode drop? I was going to assume Campaign, but it mentiones EC Hm for that. And I myself haven't taken the time to really try to get into a ec hm. Also hope this is more mechanics then just an enrage timer

Don't take my word for it, but probably Campaign/Blackhole. Just like how EV and KP hm dropped Rakata, and then SM EC dropped it too. I imagine it will follow the same setup.

End of September/beginning of October is possible, depending on how much testing is required on the PTS.

No testing is actually required on PTS. They just put stuff there to make us feel like they care about our feedback. There will be a fixed amount of time between the content being posted to PTS and posted to live, and that schedule will not change regardless what happens on PTS.

The schedule may be similar to those of 1.2 or 1.3, or may be less because there could be less content. It certainly won't be more.

Cannot Wait.

This Operation series is actually becoming better each time, although no final boss fight had the EPIC feeling SoA had so far.

BTW all Opps are connected to each other and when the fifth or sixth Opps will launch they should make one whole story. The latest Event is also a bit tied up since the Gree will come along. But both SoA and Karagga where actually challenges created by the Dread Masters.

My force Vision tells me 1.4 to launch around mid September. Hope I am right :D

In what alternate universe did SOA feel epic? Did you fight him naked?

Only 5 more bosses for the next 6 months?

Account cancelled.

I have to agree with the OP 5 months since Denova came out a little more then 4 months we've been grinding the content, with NOTHING new. I hope for a PTR soon so we have something new to do. But am sure thats 2 weeks away, since we saw the HK-51 droid a month ago, and looks like were waiting for F2P so you can bank some money. So you gave us a page to read, the video came out at E3. I would ask when its coming but am sure the answer is soon, or this fall or around the corner. Seriously your making it harder and harder to stay subbed

No, there's no way he's still alive. :p

Revan comes to mind as there's the theory that he teleported away rather than dying, but I believe him not being happy to see you would be somewhat strange from Pub side.

Darth Revan is neither light nor dark side.

The implication would be that its Rakata, much like HM EC is designed to be doable in Rakata.

If you think HM EC is doable in Rakata then you've clearly never been in HM EC.

Only 5 more bosses for the next 6 months?

Account cancelled.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

In the Republic post-EC cinematic, the Dread Masters summon Kephess' ghost to make threats of revenge on you. Unless I fell asleep and missed it, that doesn't happen in the Imperial post-EC cinematic. Of course, if you're on the Republic side, when the Dread Masters show up, you're like "who?" At least the Imperials have actually met the Dread Masters before. Guess you really have to play both sides to have any idea what's going on in the story...

In the Republic post-EC cinematic, the Dread Masters summon Kephess' ghost to make threats of revenge on you. Unless I fell asleep and missed it, that doesn't happen in the Imperial post-EC cinematic. Of course, if you're on the Republic side, when the Dread Masters show up, you're like "who?" At least the Imperials have actually met the Dread Masters before. Guess you really have to play both sides to have any idea what's going on in the story...

You didn't miss it but the dread masters do state during the Imperial cutscene "Kephess was our tool, he was broken but will be rebuilt.' You don't see him but they do state he's not gone

Darth Revan is neither light nor dark side.

If you think HM EC is doable in Rakata then you've clearly never been in HM EC.

EC is ment to be done in Rakata. Toth and Zorn became more difficult once we were geared cause we push phases/ skip at least 2 phases every time we fight them cause the dps is so much. You think u need to be in there in full bh? Take a look at ur itemization and mods the stuff EA gives is not premier stuff wayyyyy to much Accuracy, it sucks but you have to remod almost every piece of gear. Like i find it a burden to get new gear cause I have to drop so many credits to move mods around.

I love how those still die hard fans gotta reply to someones 'I am leaving post' with comments like this. I am not typing my comment to you but to the game designers; If 5 bosses for 6 months is good enough for you then that really is great; but either you can't manage to down them or your brain is too simple to require any sort of variation week after week.

BIOWARE Create EPIC RAIDS

Fan boys; don't attack every person whose dissatisfied with the game; We have a right to our opinion just like you have a right to yours; I could care less if you read my post; believe it or not I want this game to succeed but it won't with 5 bosses every 6 months; atleast it won't from an "End Game Raider PoV".

EC is ment to be done in Rakata. Toth and Zorn became more difficult once we were geared cause we push phases/ skip at least 2 phases every time we fight them cause the dps is so much. You think u need to be in there in full bh? Take a look at ur itemization and mods the stuff EA gives is not premier stuff wayyyyy to much Accuracy, it sucks but you have to remod almost every piece of gear. Like i find it a burden to get new gear cause I have to drop so many credits to move mods around.

He said HM EC, SM EC is very doable in Rakata. HM EC not so much.

He said HM EC, SM EC is very doable in Rakata. HM EC not so much.

HM EC is farmable in Rakata Gear; Campaign gear itemization is often screwed up; with 3/5 pieces favoring Endurance over your main stat. If you geared fully in Campaign you probably would have less throughput than full Rakata.

Most classes BiS is Black Hole Mods in Rakata Gear; and the difference is pretty minor.

Know your classes; Know the boss. My last ever raid of EC HM we took a friend of mine through who had 1-2 pieces of rakata; everything else was worse; he did 1100 dps on Mox and we cleared the place in one night with him never even being into SM to learn the bosses; This is a true story of how easy this game is

Edited by KimbeFett

He said HM EC, SM EC is very doable in Rakata. HM EC not so much.[/QUOT

SM was a joke the week it came out. HM is completely do able in Rakata how do u think the guilds that cleared it in April and May did it. We didn't have all the "extra black hole comms" to get black hole gear. Our guild was even slow with our Kephaas kill coming in the middle of May. But to think you can't do that place with rakata, your just kidding yourself. And I hate to say it, but, I have to agree with the guy who said you've obviously never done end game raiding.

He said HM EC, SM EC is very doable in Rakata. HM EC not so much.[/QUOT

SM was a joke the week it came out. HM is completely do able in Rakata how do u think the guilds that cleared it in April and May did it. We didn't have all the "extra black hole comms" to get black hole gear. Our guild was even slow with our Kephaas kill coming in the middle of May. But to think you can't do that place with rakata, your just kidding yourself. And I hate to say it, but, I have to agree with the guy who said you've obviously never done end game raiding.

Yes... very obviously. That's why me and my guild farm 16M HM EC every week... because I've never done end game raiding.

HM EC is farmable in Rakata Gear; Campaign gear itemization is often screwed up; with 3/5 pieces favoring Endurance over your main stat. If you geared fully in Campaign you probably would have less throughput than full Rakata.

Most classes BiS is Black Hole Mods in Rakata Gear; and the difference is pretty minor.

Know your classes; Know the boss. My last ever raid of EC HM we took a friend of mine through who had 1-2 pieces of rakata; everything else was worse; he did 1100 dps on Mox and we cleared the place in one night with him never even being into SM to learn the bosses; This is a true story of how easy this game is

completely agree. we sell the place with all the gear now of 7 million

Yes... very obviously. That's why me and my guild farm 16M HM EC every week... because I've never done end game raiding.

I barely would call the joke Bioware has for raids "End Game Raiding" If you think you needed full Black Hole to Farm it then you guys aren't really pushing the limit...

• Dev Post
I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) what kind of gear players should be in to attempt Story Mode and what kinds of rewards they'll receive for doing so. He said that the gear requirements for Story Mode are similar to those for Story Mode Explosive Conflict. It's balanced for Columi and drops Rakata, but will also speed up the acquisition of Black Hole gear. Hard Mode is balanced for players who have geared past Hard Mode Explosive Conflict.

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) what kind of gear players should be in to attempt Story Mode and what kinds of rewards they'll receive for doing so. He said that the gear requirements for Story Mode are similar to those for Story Mode Explosive Conflict. It's balanced for Columi and drops Rakata, but will also speed up the acquisition of Black Hole gear. Hard Mode is balanced for players who have geared past Hard Mode Explosive Conflict.

So augmented campaign / blackhole with mods and enhancements optimized?