Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Without any concrete proof on whether LucasArts, Bioware, or EA said "No SGRAs until after launch" for any personal reasons other than time or money constraints, can we move this topic in another direction, please? This topic's been brushed over a thousand times in previous threads. Edited by needagasmask

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight. 'Nuff said.

Oh, I know who she is. I've just never read any of her work.

And as far as Karen Traviss is concerned, I hope George DOES retcon her garbage. I dislike her quite a bit for her Mandalorian pacifists, but mostly because she killed Mara Jade for no good reason other than she felt like it.

Okay, do you mean 'pacifists' or 'non-combatants'? Either way there's space for either in a warrior society. As for Mara Jade, well, sometimes people die and sometimes it doesn't make much sense. Admittedly I'm speaking from a position of someone who hasn't read the books, but when a popular character dies there's always some who won't like why or how.

I can imagine that quite a few ExU authors who were writing books with Mara as a character had to scrap her from their work if it took place AFTER Karen killed her off. Seriously, that's just messed up.

Again, that just happens sometimes. Bad timing, perhaps, but that's the nature of multiple authors working independently on official material (even EU material).

Edited by Kioma

Without any concrete proof on whether LucasArts, Bioware, or EA said "No SGRAs until after launch" for any personal reasons other than time or money constraints, can we move this topic in another direction, please?

I agree. Discussing the whys and what ifs certainly does pass the time but it's not getting us anywhere. For my part I think we need to accept that Bioware might actually be (gasp!) telling the truth when they say 'time and budget constraints'. Whether we agree with their decisions of what to leave out or not, it's nothing that can be changed now.

Not non-combatants. Pacifists. That goes against everything already established in canon regarding Mandalorians. They are warriors. Plain and simple. Trained from early childhood to fight. I would compare them to the ancient Spartans, as far as discipline and military doctrine. There was no room for pacifists in Spartan society, and the same can be said for the Mandalorians. That is why Karen Traviss basically gives quite a few of us Star Wars fans a headache. lol Edited by Captain_Zone

On that vein, we each have our own characters in each class we think would be a great s/s pairing, but what do you think would be a good new addition to your crew if they decide to add crewmembers that are made with SGR content?

DS Female SW and DS Jaesa. :) Just beautiful.

On that vein, we each have our own characters in each class we think would be a great s/s pairing, but what do you think would be a good new addition to your crew if they decide to add crewmembers that are made with SGR content?

I would love a snarky, street-wise girl for the Consular. Nothing against Nadia, but someone more independent and opposite to what the diplomatic, grounded Consular represents would be nice.

I'm actually way too fond of the current Smuggler LIs to want any others. I wish I could say "this is the kind of guy my Smuggler could fall for" but he already has - he's pretty much imprinted on Corso and I have a feeling if that one won't make the cut I'll be unable to play the character again. And Akaavi pretty much owns my lesbian heart, so, any other girl they add will just pale in comparison.

I'm pretty open for the rest because I've been reluctant to play any more characters and imprint on the wrong people. I love what I've seen so far of Aric Jorgan and if he doesn't turn out to be an option, I'd just say "add two gay, trooper-y cathars please" XD I am also incredibly intriguied by Torian and Quinn so I'd be all for characters that are similar in nature.

I would love a snarky, street-wise girl for the Consular. Nothing against Nadia, but someone more independent and opposite to what the diplomatic, grounded Consular represents would be nice.

Ditto on that with the SI. Just having someone to challenge his way of thinking would be pretty awesome, show the SI there's more to the galaxy than the deception and cruel utilitarianism that is the Imperial lifestyle. It honestly makes no sense to me that a slave to the Empire is so willing to help further its causes.

For new SGRA-specific companions - my IA couldn't bare to love any girl who hated the Empire, so I hope IA's get a neutral or Empire allied SGR.

Also; do we think we're getting SG-flirts as well? Any word on that? What do you think vs what do you hope?

Also; do we think we're getting SG-flirts as well? Any word on that? What do you think vs what do you hope?

I really, really hope so. Without regular NPC flirts even the best companion romances will feel token-ish. I want to play a gay, flirty Smuggler, not an ascetic one.

sigh. I just really really hope that for the smuggler the current options will be available for both. while I'm not fond of breaking Corso's heart, I .want. my smuggler to have a thing with Risha. *cough*

(and so Corso won't feel too alone my male smuggler can pay more attention to him. *cough*²³)

I still want to know if you can actually break it off with them, and what the result of that will be, though :(

To be honest... I would prefer to have Malavai Quinn for SRGs. I can't help how cute he is. Although Vette is a good choice too. If I wanted a new companion SGR, it would be a kinda imperial guy or sith, that doesn't look sithlike or scary, and maybe nears me towards light side choices and if legacy gives us option to go LS, then I would.

this week's q and a, once again, did not respond to our numerous inquiries about the sgra eta.

instead, they felt "Pzljug: When are you guys going to finish the Timeline on the Holonet?" was much more important.

I dont think we're getting an answer or the patch they promised...

Ooh, this sounds interesting. :D

I think the Smuggler needs an Elara Dorne - someone who's a real stickler for rules and regulations, knows laws by number and can quote them at will, that sort of thing. But since this is a Smuggler companion, it's completely played for laughs. I can't say why I think the Smuggler would get a companion like this without spoilers, but someone who's pretty much the eternal "straight man" for the wiseguy smuggler would be hilarious. A dialogue but from them might be, "That course of action goes directly against Regulations 42A through 42G covering conduct when dealing with diplomatic emergencies... no, don't tell me. You're just going to blast your way through this, aren't you. Again."

...yes, I realize the irony of using the term "straight man" when discussing companions for possible SGRs. It's a comedy term, I promise. :eek: Romance with this companion would probably be a milder version of the "slap slap kiss" thing, where the more they argue, the more they both enjoy it.

this week's q and a, once again, did not respond to our numerous inquiries about the sgra eta.

instead, they felt "Pzljug: When are you guys going to finish the Timeline on the Holonet?" was much more important.

Or perhaps they don't have one or have a timeline yet, this issue isnt the only important one they are working on.

What I don't understand is why is there a update instead of SGR? Did they not promise us SGR "post launch"? well its enough post launch to where they have a new update!

If anything they should've had SGR to get us off their back! :mad:

Now that the game has launched, everything is post-launch. :D

And speaking for myself, I'd much rather have SGRs when BioWare is ready to release them than SGRs that were just hastily pushed out to get people to shut up. As far as people asking for a feature go, we tend to be a more polite group than most, so I'd hope that BW doesn't consider us "on their back" at all.

To quote from the Q&A opening:

Looking forward to future Q&As, we had some feedback from the development team which we wanted to share. While questions about future potential features in the game are always welcome, many times the answers will be non-specific, as development is always fluid. We don’t want to disappoint you with continuously saying ‘soon’ in reply to these questions.

Instead, the development team would appreciate more questions about features or systems currently in the game, or questions about the philosophy behind why development decisions were made. The development team feels they can really give you some in-depth answers to these sorts of questions, and overall we feel they will be more interesting answers than talking in vague terms about future features. This is not an attempt to shy away from questions about any aspect of the game, but rather a request to delve deeper into design philosophies and to get some more information on how things currently work in-game.

In other words, they'd rather answer questions about what's currently in the game than give us vague answers about what's not in the game. Pretty simple idea and I think it's a good one. As a former WoW player, I'd actually like to see less answers that lead to people getting upset about a future feature not being available yet; I think it makes for a more pleasant community.

Also: the idea of not getting a response meaning that we're not getting the patch makes no sense at all. BW just isn't talking about it now; they will when they're ready to. Saying that something's not happening because BW's not talking about it would mean that TOR didn't actually exist during the years of development before BW announced it. :p

Hey is this going to optional, I am sorry but I dont want option to flirt with a guy. If implemented, will it be optional. Not trying to be rude or anything , just standing up for what i believe in.

I didn't realize we were pushing for an answer after getting one at the summit... I'm guessing others felt the same? I may be wrong though...

Hey is this going to optional, I am sorry but I dont want option to flirt with a guy. If implemented, will it be optional. Not trying to be rude or anything , just standing up for what i believe in.

Take a look at the quotes from Stephen Reid that Suaine posted on the first page of this thread. Mr. Reid says that the romance/flirt options will be clearly marked, so no one will be 'tricked' into doing something they don't want to do.

Odds are good that it will be treated exactly as the companion romances and [Flirt] options currently in-game are - all you have to do is not choose those options. :)

If you're asking whether the option of same-gender [Flirt] dialogue choices can be removed, please see natashina's post on the first page. We have word from BioWare that they consider that discriminatory, and the topic is not up for discussion.

Even if bioware is not talking about it, I know they will keep their word on what they will add. In some type of canon, as relationships weren't really accepted in the Jedi order, the jedi classes having secret SRG romances are kind of exciting. Kind of like how Padme and Anikan were secret. In the sith, I am pretty sure it might be prefered. I am just using my best judgement on the reactions of the sith and jedi would be. The BH,Trooper,Smuggler, and Imperial Agent would pretty much be out in the open. Not being discrimination since I am bi, I would say female troopers are the most guy like, and lesbian like of all classes. I do not mean that as discrimination or anything.

For some that was not enough and I am sure there will be those who are unhappy with sgr when they come out.

Or perhaps the information didn't make it to them. Some people were not able to watch the entirety of the summit and there aren't any official videos or transcripts yet. But please, do go on assuming the worst of people.

Exactly as optional as straight romance.

Edited by Suaine

Everything is optional. The only time it isn't is if you click that option in a cut scene. I find male/female romance arcs make me feel ill, so i just don't get my companions affection to that level.

So like you, we stand by what we believe in too. It doesn't mean gay romance will be pushed on you, just means we would like the option to do what we feel is natural to us. Not to be boxed into something we don't want to do or feel comfortable with. :)

Everything is optional. The only time it isn't is if you click that option in a cut scene. I find male/female romance arcs make me feel ill, so i just don't get my companions affection to that level.

So like you, we stand by what we believe in too. It doesn't mean gay romance will be pushed on you, just means we would like the option to do what we feel is natural to us. Not to be boxed into something we don't want to do or feel comfortable with. :)

This 100% - people asking for a filter already have a filter they can use - themselves!