Over-Priced GTN Items

RPetrelli

The gtn belongs to those that spend real cash on the cash shop. Was I the only one that saw that coming ? :rolleyes:

Right... I have around 10 million because I buy cartel packs for real money and sell them for in-game credits.

My guildie has around 70+ million credits and he never spent a single CC on anything other than collections unlocks.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have ... quite a lot ... of creds and the only CM items I have sold are the ones I have bought on the GTN and re-sold.

Same here.

There is a very profitable meta-game of playing the GTN, with a focus on CM content that passes through the GTN. If you are able to predict what will be in demand later, and it is something that is being dumped in the market when new pack pops, you can make tens of millions of credits buying/holding/reselling later.

You are, of course, still missing the originally indended point of this entire forum post. If in this game, SWTOR, you set your eyes upon something, no matter the price, and you say, "I am going to get this item no matter the price," and you succeed, nobody then has any power to say anything against you. The economy of the game is not a factor of this nor is the means for which you were able to acquire the needed creds to be able to afford said item. The point is in fact that you set for yourself a goal and you have successfully completed that goal. That makes you the winner! You can talk about over-priced items all you want. So far in this game, I have never once failed to acquire a prize that I have set my eyes upon, no matter what the price or factors for getting the item are. That kind of success will never be rewarded to casual players and can only come from hard work and dedication to a desire on fire and a drive that won't let you quit or fail. That's the way I play this game.

The point is in fact that you set for yourself a goal and you have successfully completed that goal. That makes you the winner! You can talk about over-priced items all you want. So far in this game, I have never once failed to acquire a prize that I have set my eyes upon, no matter what the price or factors for getting the item are. That kind of success will never be rewarded to casual players and can only come from hard work and dedication to a desire on fire and a drive that won't let you quit or fail. That's the way I play this game.

Hard work? Drive and dedication? Methinks someone is taking things a teensy, weensy bit too seriously.

Why? You can either succeed or you can whine about not getting what you want. I get what I want because I work hard for it. I can apply that to any aspect of life whether it be in a videogame or at work. Be a DOer not a Can't-er.

Is that why you started off this thread to whine about the price of the item? Does that make you a Can't-er?

The gtn belongs to those that spend real cash on the cash shop. Was I the only one that saw that coming ? :rolleyes:

it does?

huh

couple of friends and guildies of mine are far FAR richer then I am. none of them make their credits through cash shop. me? I made most of my credits through crafting. its amazing how well reputation dyes sell, and even non rep dyes can make a tidy profit. and, I managed to get lucky enough to learn a 72 barrel (though I do raid, you don't need to raid to get it, since offhands are purchasable with coms you get from flashpoints and stuff) - that also made a tidy profit. some materials here and there, purple mats for augments sell very nicely, as do components to make augment kits. mods sell well. implants and earpieces and stims sell very well. GTN is more than just reselling cartel market items, though it is a part of it now. so yeah, you are the only one that saw it coming, becasue what you saw is not actualy there.

I am not a "can't" user. You can view that for yourself when I pass you up in game at every challenge. Plus, I have never not succeeded at anything I have set my sights on. Furthermore, I have the item you speak of that was considered to be too high of a price. There is a difference between whining and having a discussion. Don't be a child. Edited by RPetrelli

I am not a "can't" user. You can view that for yourself when I pass you up in game at every challenge. Plus, I have never not succeeded at anything I have set my sights on.

Never believe someone who says they "never" or "always" do something. They are lying to you or to themselves.

Or just joking.

Edited by branmakmuffin

You are welcome to believe what you want, but some people will always just be haters. You don't have to listen to anything I say. You can just go see for yourself. Between the characters I have in my account I have almost every itme in the game with the exception of a few pets and emotes. Believe whatever you want though. I am not limiting myself with such a negative perspective. Edited by RPetrelli

You are welcome to believe what you want, but some people will always just be haters. You don't have to listen to anything I say. You can just go see for yourself. Between the characters I have in my account I have almost every itme in the game with the exception of a few pets and emotes. Believe whatever you want though. I am not limiting myself with such a negative perspective.

I hope the irony of this post as juxtaposed with your OP is intentional irony.

Or maybe I don't. Unintentional irony is much more amusing. For the rest of us, anyway.

Don't you know pretending to not know about the other person pretending to not know what they know?

When you see it?

By the way, I hate it when everyone always overgeneralizes all the time.

When I read this, literally nothing enters my mind, because this post makes 0 sense.

Am I missing something? You started this thread to complain about the price of stuff on the GTN, and now you're talking about working hard to get the credits to get what items you want. Which is what you should have been doing in the first place. But now you're complaining about the "haters" on this thread, when they were giving you the advice you're now trying to give out. None of this makes any sense. :confused:

Am I missing something? You started this thread to complain about the price of stuff on the GTN, and now you're talking about working hard to get the credits to get what items you want. Which is what you should have been doing in the first place. But now you're complaining about the "haters" on this thread, when they were giving you the advice you're now trying to give out. None of this makes any sense. :confused:

It is a mystery.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I admit yes that originally I did not agree with the asking price of the items I was after. That did not however stop me from getting them anyway. I am not a whiner, I don't whine about anything. If something bothers me, I just overcome the challenge. Try not having something negative to say for once in the reply to a post. I just think people should get a fair deal but if no one is offering one, that isn't going to stop me from doing anything.

I admit yes that originally I did not agree with the asking price of the items I was after. That did not however stop me from getting them anyway. I am not a whiner, I don't whine about anything

This post is to address the ongoing problem in the SWTOR MMO of people overpricing items on the GTN.

Looks like a whine to me. I am willing to accept that this thread is just a big joke, however.