Force Critical - which attacks use that?

DropbearSW

On the rage tree, the Malice talent allows you to increase Force Critical chance by 6%.

Which attacks would benefit from this? Force Shout, Smash - any more?

Im trying to decide between this talent, or Cloak of Carnage, under Carnage Tree .. (annihilation mara by the way)

On the rage tree, the Malice talent allows you to increase Force Critical chance by 6%.

Which attacks would benefit from this? Force Shout, Smash - any more?

Im trying to decide between this talent, or Cloak of Carnage, under Carnage Tree .. (annihilation mara by the way)

Any force based attack benefits from the Force Critical Chance. For example...

As a sage seer I have the force critical chance in my skills as well. It affects my heals, disturbance, project, telekinetic wave, and force slow. It does not add however to my melee crit chance so saber strike and double strike do not benefit from it.

If damage appears yellow, it's tech/force, if it appears white, it's physical.

When in doubt, buy cheap willpower stim, note tooltip damage of skill in question, take stim and see if this changed, as willpower affects only force power and therefore force attacks.

So for anni aside from smash/choke/shout it'll affect your dots.

And yet it does. If you don't want to believe me, try willpower test. Str increases both bonus damage and force power, willpower as secondary stat increases only force power. Take willpower stim and notice increase in tooltip damage(and well, actual dmg too, since dot dmg is not affected by RNG) of your both dots.

So what stim is best overall? Willpower or strength?

Strength stims are better than willpower stims. Willpower will boost all of your force damage and crit %. However, you should never replace strength with willpower as strength also boosts all of your melee damage while willpower does not.

Here is a list of Force damaging abilities for a Marauder:

• Deadly Saber
  • Rupture (DoT)
  • Force Choke
  • Smash
  • Force Scream
  • Savage Kick
  • Pommel Strike
  • Force Crush

The dots are bleed effects, so force power wouldn't have anything to do with them would it?

The bleed effects are force damage so they absolutely benefit from willpower.

Definitely go with 3 points in Malice. Cloak of Carnage is pretty useless in my opinion.

Edited by oofalong