Madness or lightning?

Totalchicken

A lot of my guild is saying madness is better dps simply due to the speed it improves in delivering said dps. At the moment I am pure lightning and notices right away that its not as fast as I would like it to be, however it does offer significant force saving choices and even a force battery option so if your splitting time as dps and heals a lot I think lightning is a good option.

just my two credits :)

Edited by Seraki

I went madness. I think its much better but I split madness and healing. Wirlwind and removed cool down on force lightning made it a better choice for me. I also think its better for group play as the attacks here dont have a casting time.

however it does offer significant force saving choices and even a force battery option so if your splitting time as dps and heals a lot I think lightning is a good option.

Madness actually is FAR more force-efficient. With Sith Efficacy, Force Lightning actually generates force (You gain back 48 force, including base regen, over the 3 second channel, for a cost of 30). Madness definitely has the better hybrid dps/healing options.

Lightning is a better DPS spec, madness is better for PvP. Check the stickied thread in the sorcerer forums for specs and a priority list for abilities, it will help you immensely.

Abundantly wrong, tbh. While their PvP prowess is debatable, stating a claim that Lightning is better for PvE dps is just unsustainable. We're still working on full theorycrafting on it, but so far most of the data seems to show Madness pulling ahead over Lightning, particularly on longer fights. Even with Subversion, and even skipping Lightning Storm procs, Lightning only has a force endurance of around 2-3 minutes. Madness has a rotation that is in fact force positive, and thus infinitely sustainable.