Is anyone else bothered by this?

Pylock

I am only level 33 on my BH so I don';t know what lev 50 cahnges/gear and all, but, I have noticed that smugglers seemed to be hitting very hard and after talking to some other people that are very active in PVP. I havea tough time gettign my 2.5k hit medal every game as I need a good crit ot get it but, after watching this video of this smuggler I am curious to hear feed back on the topic.

not going to say they are OP because I am not 50 with gear jsut wondering if the yare able to pull these kind of numbers before 50 as well. Cuz this guy is wrecking peopel somtimes 3 v 1.

I'm a level 38 Scrapper so I'll tell you what I know.

You need to be level 36 before you learn that shotgun skill that he does as he breaks out of stealth. It has the potential to deal that sort of massive damage (I do 3K when i crit, so maybe he has a lot better stats at 50 IDK).

The second thing he does after the shotgun is a very powerful bleed that's at the top of the skill tree (i.e. minimum level 41 skill)

In theory at least, if a scrapper is able to stealth to the back of a soft target do both skills i mentioned above, then the enemy is more or less dead without a chance. The hard thing I have in WZs is pulling the first move off in the first place because of all the lag.

I'm a level 38 Scrapper so I'll tell you what I know.

You need to be level 36 before you learn that shotgun skill that he does as he breaks out of stealth. It has the potential to deal that sort of massive damage (I do 3K when i crit, so maybe he has a lot better stats at 50 IDK).

The second thing he does after the shotgun is a very powerful bleed that's at the top of the skill tree (i.e. minimum level 41 skill)

In theory at least, if a scrapper is able to stealth to the back of a soft target do both skills i mentioned above, then the enemy is more or less dead without a chance. The hard thing I have in WZs is pulling the first move off in the first place because of all the lag.

yes a lot of classes have an unfair advantage due to that, medals are pointless.

Yes you can, he gets 6k damage in the opening round and then some more as he uses his burst abilities, meanwhile you're dpsing steadily, eventually you surpass him in terms of damage.

Also you get better armor, more AoE (unless the Smuggler is a Sab specced Gunslinger) and some pretty high damage abilities yourself.

Spamming lots of small aoe hits that generally don't amount to anything( I did 250 damage to 5 people! That will surely win the match!) does not make a class powerful. I'm not saying that Trooper/BH is bad in any way. But you need to stop tunnel vision focusing on damage done and start paying attention to other numbers.

Burst is clearly what counts in pvp. Don't pretend otherwise.

Sorry but why is a BH even bothering to complain about any other class? Smugglers open strong but burn energy quickly so are weaker in prolonged fights, unlike BH's who just lulz there way through everything with there play house spec.

Not the point my post I was having a hard time understanding how a class was working so I asked a question no were did I complain in my post at all other then to say I have been finding it difficult to get my 2.5k single hit medal at times.

This was not a pissing contest between BH/Smuggler DPS it was a question on how they are doing that and it was explained by someone fairly well so now I understand the mechanics...

I can say from my experience* note the my experience part for those you that have a hard time understanding...* I am level 33 BH mercenary pyrotech tree speced, *Note my level as I stated in original post...

PAUSE***

To re addressed I am only level 33 and have already stated I did not know how much gear effected things at level 50... this here implies that I am asking questions or asking for clarity not making a statement...

Question

A sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply. <=== what I was doing

Statement

A communication or declaration in speech or writing, setting forth facts <=== what I did not do

END PAUSE***

So back to what I was saying Smuggler is the only class I have seem break 4k in a single hit consistently( meaning not just a lucky crit), but I do not know if they are the only class that can do this. Once again I will say this is what I have noticed so far maybe I focus on them too closely because I originally wanted to play republic smuggler side but, my guild rolled Sith so I played BH (The other class I saw that duel wields pistols) Yes that is the bases of my choice I liked the idea of duel wielding pistols so I picked my class on that and went from there...

So if anyone here has seen another class that can hit this hard regularly please post and explain the skills, combos they used and whether its situational (Enemy in light armor, powerups, ect.)

i play a sorc and i can do a ton of dmg, long hutballs and voids i usual end up 300-350k

however NOTHING and i mean NOTHING i have hits near 3k

im level 48 atm and very well geared...

my chain lightings crit around 2200 on non tank builds

death field around 1800 maybe?

sorcs r more steady dmg dealers...

def not blowing things up like people think. u hav to play a lil crafty

and my sorc.. if 2v1d i am very squishy... by the time my resolve bar is full im in the graveyard

i play a sorc and i can do a ton of dmg, long hutballs and voids i usual end up 300-350k

however NOTHING and i mean NOTHING i have hits near 3k

im level 48 atm and very well geared...

my chain lightings crit around 2200 on non tank builds

death field around 1800 maybe?

sorcs r more steady dmg dealers...

def not blowing things up like people think. u hav to play a lil crafty

and my sorc.. if 2v1d i am very squishy... by the time my resolve bar is full im in the graveyard

Except most PvP sorcs are specced to also be quite survivable, that absorb shield is actually the main factor behind why most people flame about Sorcs, since they can throw up that shield to survive some focus fire, heal themselves for a good amount while under the effects of the absorb, then continue to nuke people to kingdom come.

Just like the BH/Commando issue, the Sorc has too much of there good stuff easily accessed low in there tree meaning they can duo and even tri-spec and be more effective than someone that is fully specced in one mastery.

I can see this changing simply because there is no reason for BH/Commando or Sorc/Cons to go 31 points right now as the cons of fully mastering a tree greatly outweigh the pros.

Hybrids should be strong in there own right, but by no means should Hybrids be better at everything which they currently are for some classes.