Can I get revenge on "Lord Grathan"?

Fearless_Jedi

Its the spoiler forum so expect spoilers.

Anyway, I have a question to my fellow sith warriors about the story quest we had for Grathan's Estate on Dromund Kaas.

So obviously we were tasked with killing Lord Grathan's son but based on choices we have several outcomes. I personally chose the light side outcome and killed lord grathan allowing his son to take up his mask, though his mommy was the one actually going to be in control.

Later on Balmorra a sith assassin tries to kill me. I discover that this a-hole was sent by the fake Lord Grathan (grathan's son playing the part of lord grathan). I was apparently a loose end that needed cleaning up.

Now I get the sith way and all, but I put that little bastard on his daddy's throne and I expected that little POS to be greatful. Instead he tries to kill me. Now I might be playing a LS Sith Warrior but I'm also not stupid. To quote Capt Malcome Reynolds (from Firefly), "If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them back."

I dont like having an annoying teenage sith monkey on my back rather I want to take care of the problem. So does anyone know if I can raid the Grathan Estate again and kill him and his mother (she is responsible for him and she must suffer as well)?

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Well the assassin gets sent either way I expected one after I killed lord grathen son and wife but you should of expected treachery when working with another sith. Never trust a sith to keep their end of the deal the wife is just using you to gain more power and it was the wife that made the son send the assassin. So i killed them as darth baras instructed. Oh and you can't kill them remember revenge is a dark side trait not a light one. when you reach tatooine you will understand why these kinds of things will happen to LS sith. Edited by lokdron

• 1 year later...
I Agree with this completely. I am a sith and after the clemency I granted that little &$#%, sending an assassin to kill me was a mistake. I think if the story were to be accurate, a sith would respond with a swift and brutal counterattack.

• 4 months later...

Doesn't matter where you fight the assassin what matters is that someone you did a HUGE favor for decided to try and kill you. LS Sith or not, u dont survive ur trials by letting people walk all over you like that.

Bioware please let me re-enter that phase and teach those two rotten twerps the meaning of pain!

I can think of one good reason the Warrior doesn't turn around, march straight back to Grathan's estate and introduce the son to the end of their lightsaber: Baras never wanted Grathan dead in the first place. You were supposed to kill the son, because the father was useful to him. Instead, you killed the father and spared the son, who then pretended to be his father in order to facilitate pulling the wool over Baras's eyes whilst you lied to him.

I doubt he'd take the news of that development particularly well.

I can think of one good reason the Warrior doesn't turn around, march straight back to Grathan's estate and introduce the son to the end of their lightsaber: Baras never wanted Grathan dead in the first place. You were supposed to kill the son, because the father was useful to him. Instead, you killed the father and spared the son, who then pretended to be his father in order to facilitate pulling the wool over Baras's eyes whilst you lied to him.

I doubt he'd take the news of that development particularly well.

Good point! So then this would make a good bonus quest after you kill Baras (complete act 3)! I might be lightside but I dont forget easily. Plus, if u killed one assassin what is to stop "Lord Grathan" from sending more, or kidnapping one of ur companions, or who knows what. Sith dont give up easily, and the Emperor's Wrath must be wrathful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Good point! So then this would make a good bonus quest after you kill Baras (complete act 3)! I might be lightside but I dont forget easily. Plus, if u killed one assassin what is to stop "Lord Grathan" from sending more, or kidnapping one of ur companions, or who knows what. Sith dont give up easily, and the Emperor's Wrath must be wrathful.

You know, if the SIth Warrior story ever gets a proper continuation, this would be an interesting way to start it off. Heck, they could even have an alternate scenario for Dark Siders who didn't kill Grathan. Basically, for one of their tasks

as the Emperor's Wrath

They are requested to destroy Grathan's forces once and for all, including Grathan himself. Whether the sith you fight really is Grathan or just his son depends on what you did in the prologue.

• 2 years later...
what will stop you frome after chapter tree to go back to "lord gratham" and the mother cut down and claim the estate as your new dromen kas estate

That would be cool!

Yeah, totally necroing this.

By the same token it's infuriating that the bounty hunter never gets to get revenge on Nem'ro.

Also, couldn't Lady Grathan sell an even smaller assassin? ("he destroyed my husband and his powerbase but this shrimp will no doubt overpower him") :p

Edited by BenduKundalini

By the same token it's infuriating that the bounty hunter never gets to get revenge on Nem'ro.

I was under the impression that revenge on Nem'ro came from Skadge's companion quest (which I didn't do on my first Bounty Hunter). In Doc's companion quest, he's trying to cure Nem'ro of a rare wasting disease to get in the history books. He succeeds but Nem'ro is killed before anyone can verify that Doc did indeed cure him. Upon hearing this, Doc is most displeased "Stupid Bounty Hunter!"

I was under the impression that revenge on Nem'ro came from Skadge's companion quest (which I didn't do on my first Bounty Hunter). In Doc's companion quest, he's trying to cure Nem'ro of a rare wasting disease to get in the history books. He succeeds but Nem'ro is killed before anyone can verify that Doc did indeed cure him. Upon hearing this, Doc is most displeased "Stupid Bounty Hunter!"

Yeah but the BH is left to his own devices :mad:

You can just pretend that you went back and choked the life out of the little twerp, they are all "disposable" NPCs anyway, so you'll never see them again either way. :D

There is nothing like making the decision and watching as your warrior chokes the life out of a treacherous snake. Pretending that you did it is not even in the same realm as actually seeing the light leave his eyes. The warrior needs to take care of a few pieces of betraying filth. I swear I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.

DIE QUINN DIE!