Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with feeling of surprise and anger after reading that article on ign. Refreshing to know our class is getting the shaft pretty hard from a third party source while other better classes continue to keep trucking on.

Wonders how many people remember where the term 'nerfed' got coined.

1 Million forums points to the first person to post the correct answer in this thread.

It started with UO. They nerfed either swords or axes and people complained that they felt their characters were swinging nerf swords or nerf axes. I can't remember now, I was playing UO at the time. I think this was pre-trammel UO when it happened.

Wonders how many people remember where the term 'nerfed' got coined.

1 Million forums points to the first person to post the correct answer in this thread.

Ultima Online is where I first encountered "nerf"...

Edited by -Kraxis-

Ultima Online is where I first encountered "nerf"...

Very close..... now which specific thing was nerfed.....

Vanq weapons. hence the term. over night it was like going from swing a powerful weapon to weilding a nerf bat. Hence the term nerfed!

That is one point for a TM nerf.

But realistically if they were truly balancing then pyro would be first, spammable 3-5k railshot hits do more damage than TM any day of the week.

However like you said few people play PT compared to Merc.

Edited by BendakStarkiller

less played doesn't mean less OP.

Still doesn't make sense because Merc Pyro is weaker than PT Pyro, and nerfing Pyro would nerf both. Pyro also takes far more skill.

Annihilation Marauders still beat PT Pyro, and Marauder isn't getting nerfed.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Still doesn't make sense because Merc Pyro is weaker than PT Pyro, and nerfing Pyro would nerf both. Pyro also takes far more skill.

Annihilation Marauders still beat PT Pyro, and Marauder isn't getting nerfed.

This. If they nerf pyro too much, there won't be a point to them except as tanks.

I feel shades of wow coming back to haunt me i played a hunter for years and often got nerfed. We are a ranged class, and because of that melee cries becasue we do damage from a distance. That being said I will reserve judgement till i know what exactly this nerf is, could be something that is not much of a nerf, could in fact be a game changer for alot of people we shall see. Edited by Enemyone

Very close..... now which specific thing was nerfed.....

Vanq weapons. hence the term. over night it was like going from swing a powerful weapon to weilding a nerf bat. Hence the term nerfed!

Oh you mean back when Plate Armor wearing Mages were 1 shotting people with "Pre-Patch" Heavy X-Bows of Vanquishing?... lol

Had almost forgotten about that...

I wish SWTOR made me feel the same way UO did back then: Giddy and like a child exploring a whole new world.

Edited by -Kraxis-

Nerfed was before the Vanquishing Weapon change in UO..

Hell we were talking about how they nerfed Wrestling in UO beta (back when a GM wrestling getting on ya meant you were screwed cause you couldn't move cause hits interrupted movement and swinging. since swinging with the fist was the fastest attack available, it meant they basically stun locked ya to death.), Also remember talking about Corp Por needing a nerf at the beginning of the game as well, since 100 magery meant you died if a mage hit ya with it, since magic resist didn't work against it, and it did 100 HP in damage. (which was the max HP you could get)

Ops got nerfed, and they still do pretty well. I am assuming the nerf will be the PPA proc somehow (free rail shot).

That'd be pretty stupid of them, as it is hardly overpowered for merc pyros and sort of necessary to help manage heat.

My money is on capping the 31 point power for Arsenal, to stop the stacking arsenal abuse. If this change was PvP related, they'd just make the change, not wait for 1.2. But this is going in 1.2, which means it is most likely PvE and, well, PT pyro is not exactly the PvE spec of choice.

But oh well, until it hits test server, we won't know. And when it does, that's what will go live.