EV 8 man vs EV 16 man Normal

So our guild attempted EV 16 man last night and almost got the first boss down (7%). Just wondering why bother doing 16 man vs 8 man when 8 man is a cake walk and offers the same percentage for loot. At this time I don't know if its the healers that couldn't keep me up but I was going down fast as a tank (JUGG Class, Half T2/T1 Gear, 20k health). Just wondering what others guilds are doing, whether they chose to do just 2 raid/ops groups.

It actually gives more loot, not the same.

(4 vs 6.. 4 being 2 per 8 man, 6 being what a 16 gives)

If you were wiping on the first boss, odds are you arent staying in during his rocket attack. There should be little need to ever leave your sorc/sage pools in normal mode. Just keep DPS'ing.

We were going out during the rocket attacks and the dps was there to take him down all the way. Just a few things would happen every time

1) When I would take the fire dot from the gun, wouldn't get the heals in time sometime before getting knocked back and then die. Can this be removed?

2) At the start of the fight 2-3 people would always die

We were going out during the rocket attacks and the dps was there to take him down all the way. Just a few things would happen every time

1) When I would take the fire dot from the gun, wouldn't get the heals in time sometime before getting knocked back and then die. Can this be removed?

2) At the start of the fight 2-3 people would always die

If you are having those problems, then it sounds a lot like the tank not picking up the boss as you run in to start the encounter.

If you die after the knockback from the droid, then your healers sucks OR your whole party is taking damage that they shouldent, thus needing heals that should be on you.

I would put money on: Your healers sucks. (Im a Sorc healer, done Hardmodes, progressing in nightmare atm)

k, well I am tanking the boss, for a good 10 seconds, no issues, aggro is on me, seems like they are die from something else. Part i am trying to figure out. Appreciate the help but I guess i will just have to test it out/inquire about the healers.

Part of me thinks its not moving in time when a red aoe dot is on the ground but can't prove it, when I am tanking the boss, hard to watch what they are all doing.

Do you have someone with an accuracy debuff in your group? If so, stay in for the rocket attacks. We ran it this way for 8 man nightmare and ran it last night on 16 man hard mode... with two DPS out of the fight. Missile salvo becomes trivial with accuracy debuffs.

As far as loot goes... it drops way more. Mind you, we did a full clear last night on hard mode, and we got ludicrous amounts of rakata tokens. Soa dropped five rakata consular chest tokens, plus main hands and other items. The droid dropped three rakata gloves for jedi knight. Every boss dropped a nice amount for us.

Also, sounds like you're having issues with Cannonade. It can mostly be ignored in 8 mans, but in 16s it hits for a LOT more. It will one-shot your DPS one at a time until no one is left. Read up on the mechanics of the fight. It's not just a simple "tank and spank." The DoT can be cleansed, yes, but there's a much easier way to handle this.

Sithwarrior.com is a great reaource for fight strats.

So our guild attempted EV 16 man last night and almost got the first boss down (7%). Just wondering why bother doing 16 man vs 8 man when 8 man is a cake walk and offers the same percentage for loot.

Why do it? Because like you said 8man is a cake walk. 16man makes it alot more fun.

SOA is actually easier in 16 man Nightmare then the 8 man version.

Everything does the same domage, you have the same amount of lightning balls in the last phase. Only 1 mind trap in both version and they both have 25k HP. So double DPS and healer to heal the same amount and dps the same number for mind trap.