What historical person would have made a glorious Jedi? Which a glorious Sith?

Ystig

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi: Gandhi or Joan of Arc

Sith: Saddam Hussein

Despite her popularity, Joan of Arc was more Sith like than anything. She was driven by her hatred of the English as well as her belief in the divine right to rule of her King, both of these motivations are Sith rather than Jedi. Further more she frequently hallucinated, due to her self enforced starvation, which is definately unJedi in nature.

Also it should be pointed out that her name was not Joan of Arc, there is no town/village called Arc, and there never was. Her name was mistaken for Joan D'Arc, it was actually Joan Darc, and this does not translate into "of Arc".

Edited by AlexDougherty

@AlexDougherty:

I disagree on multiple accounts.

Despite her popularity, Joan of Arc was more Sith like than anything. She was driven by her hatred of the English

Well, on her trail she said: "Of the love or hatred God has for the English, I know nothing, but I do know that they will all be thrown out of France, except those who die there." That doesn't answer if she hated the English. But she beliefed that her emotions were irrelevant, because God wanted the English out of France. Following what you percive as the "Will of the Force", no matter your emotions, is a Jedi-like attitude.

as well as her belief in the divine right to rule of her King, both of these motivations are Sith rather than Jedi.

Sith do not believe in some divine right to rule, except the right to rule for the strong. These are opposites:

divine right to rule for the king: no matter how weak the king is, he has the right to rule

right to rule for the strong: if a ruler is weak, he needs to be overthrown, no matter what rights he claims

Further more she frequently hallucinated, due to her self enforced starvation, which is definately unJedi in nature.

Jedi and Sith both have Force visions. Jedi sometimes try to trigger visions through meditations. I don't know if some Jedi meditations include fasting, but I don't think it would be against the Jedi ways if they did.

I know one Sith (Lord Cylpho) who starved himself to bring himself close to death. He though that when death closes in, he would see visions of the future. I doubt that Joan Darc fasted to bring herself close to death, though.

By the way, she started fasting after her visions started.

(While visions and hallucinations are not the same, they are pretty hard to distinguish. I'm pretty sure that there are many people in the Star Wars universe, people like Tharan Cedrax or Admiral Motti, who woult call Force visions hallucinations.)

All in all, she doesn't seem more Sith like than Jedi like. She seems more like a Jedi who might be in danger of falling to the Dark Side (or maybe a fallen Jedi, but not a Sith).

Jedi: Gandhi or Joan of Arc

Sith: Saddam Hussein

shes a myth and nothing more, country girl that was doing what nobility told her, a puppet with no free will of of her own in this process, she was used and discarded - good icon of mercy of H. Mary for simple religious folk of those times. but even if we gonna project any importance to her then she was engaged in slaughtering of englishmen, not exactly jedi like.

as I said before, any ruler/known historical person is a Sith whenether by open actions or conspiracies.

Edited by Surinen

I disagree on multiple accounts.

Well, on her trail she said: "Of the love or hatred God has for the English, I know nothing, but I do know that they will all be thrown out of France, except those who die there."

This was a direct answer to "doesn't god love all his children, even the English" she also made several statements that leave no doubt that she hated the English.

Sith do not believe in some divine right to rule, except the right to rule for the strong.

Well they don't believe that the weak have any right to rule, but they do believe that their race has a manifest destiny (divine right by another name) to rule. And that any race strong enough to resist must be destroyed, thus the only strength they accept is their own.

Jedi and Sith both have Force visions. Jedi sometimes try to trigger visions through meditations. I don't know if some Jedi meditations include fasting, but I don't think it would be against the Jedi ways if they did.

I know one Sith (Lord Cylpho) who starved himself to bring himself close to death. He though that when death closes in, he would see visions of the future. I doubt that Joan Darc fasted to bring herself close to death, though

The Jedi would not object to mild fasting before meditation, nor would they recommend it either. However Joan Darc did starve herself nearly to death, frequently, it was one of the most commonly remarked upon things about her.

By the way, she started fasting after her visions started.

(While visions and hallucinations are not the same, they are pretty hard to distinguish. I'm pretty sure that there are many people in the Star Wars universe, people like Tharan Cedrax or Admiral Motti, who would call Force visions hallucinations.)

First her self enforced starvation came before her visions, her family said that she refused to eat years before she had "visions", I'm still refusing to call it fasting since she took it to a wholey unhealthy level. Secondly several of these visions reveal facts that were later disproven by her own countrymen, she even talked to a historical figure who didn't even exist. This means I have to call them Hallucinations, sorry. And Finally, I would call most of the visions people have had hallucinations, with very few exceptions, since most do not stand up to analysis of the known facts.

Edited by AlexDougherty