Take Part in our upcoming Weekend Pass

CourtneyWoods

Lol I never mentioned WoW... but really it had double the players SWTOR did in the first 3 months...? Doesn't that just make things look worse? I don't get your point...

Just want to correct this. It took WoW more than 3 months to get over 1 million subs. Probably had 500-800k after 3 months (and no one was panicking :eek:).

Edited by princey

First let me say I have played just about every mmo on the market starting with UO ( ultima online ) for those not old enough or who had not heard of UO before this post.....

And I have to say while the story lines of this game are decent and the gameplay is ok (ignoring the bugs and graphic problems stated in other posts because i have seen much worse on other MMOS)

I have to say that this game lacks in alot of areas, yes the first few times runing a character up were fun as you didnt know the story lines or the outcome/result of the choices you made unless of course you browsed the internet and got the answer before hand..... ( Which in my opinion ruins the fun of having choices if you know the end result already)

But after having done it a few times it gets old, and as people have said there is not much endgame content for those who have reached 50 and the pvp is boring.....

In my honest opinion SWG when first released was a much better game than this, if they had added these style of story lines to SWG ..... well its just too bad they put that old dog down really......

SWG offered more choices had more content more areas to explore, entire planets as opposed to just tiny sections of a planet, player housing is definately missed here in swtor and the space combat is pathetic compared to the space combat they had in SWG jump to light speed.

Yes Lucas arts and SOE really screwed up SWG but it could have been saved...... Will BW be able to save this game from the same fate as SWG???

Honestly I doubt it, there are too many limitations and not enough choices and options in this game Character creation is lame, the race selection stinks if they are not going to add more in the future like the trandoshans Rodians Ithorians and Bothans not to mention the cathra.

The crafting system is ok but could be alot better, and as another poster stated, the crew skill missions for scavenging archeology and bio should not really be available people should have to wander and explore to find the rare items they need to craft something difficult. And honestly the gear that is extreemly hard to craft and extreemly difficult to find the materials to make should be the best in the game not something that drops off of a world boss or and instance boss people craft to get a sense of having achieved something and want to show that achievement off, not see everyone else running arround with that same thing on .

Sorry just ranting in general honestly i dont thnk anyone will ever put out an MMORPG that will have everything that everyone wants it to have, I think that was already done back with UO and then all the crybabies ruined that game..... of course that was a long time ago and MMO's have changed over the years but most are just themepark games where you choose a path and are stuck with it ........ while i favor the sandbox style game that was UO, unfortunately the newer Sandbox games like MO are first person view which i dislike or I'd probably be playing that.......

I think this is a good move from them giving out more trials. I tried out last weeks one with my cousin and we both liked and bought the game. I don't know how end game content is but so far we're loving the game.

Ya, I got to try it and ended up liking it. Not regretting it either. My buddies kept going on about it saying how awesome it is so I joined up on the first one and brought those that didn't play along with me into the game. Playing it as much as I can. Like these trailed events, get those stuck on a fence to try it (such as myself).

The only downside I see right now are the negative lemmings, no Pazaak, and poor space. Though, I do like what we got so far just as long as Bioware keeps adding stuff into SWTOR as much as Minecraft updates :p. I do wish SWTOR ends up regaining the awesomness that SWG had before NGE hit.

To the people saying their guilds dried up and friends poofed - Hype! Don't be lemmings and play games YOU want to play. Think for yourself, not what others want you to do.

Edited by Subtrance

I support the weekend pass idea, but not at the expense of existing customers

1/ NEVER take down the game to patch in support for Free players

2/ Give paying customers priority access in a Queue. If there is 10 Free players, and 10 Paying players in a Queue for a server, make sure the 10 Paying players get in first. Allow them to access the service they are paying for.

It is easier to keep an existing customer than it is to get a new one, but once an existing customer has left, they are much harder to entice back.

SWG offered more choices had more content more areas to explore, entire planets as opposed to just tiny sections of a planet, player housing is definately missed here in swtor and the space combat is pathetic compared to the space combat they had in SWG jump to light speed.

Yes Lucas arts and SOE really screwed up SWG but it could have been saved...... Will BW be able to save this game from the same fate as SWG???

I believe you have this point backwards. I bought SWG when they gave you the three games in one package. When I played SWG, when you went to a planet, and selected the map, the planet was a square piece of land that, when you got to the end, you just appeared back at the other side of the map. TOR has a MUCH larger play area. TOR at least makes me feel like I'm running through an entire planet, with how big it is.

I thought that Lucas Arts gave SOE all the freedom they wanted. I remember reading an article that said Lucas Arts and George gave them free reign withtin some constricts, then those were removed because starwars fans wanted to roll Jedi.

I did MUCH more enjoy SWG's Space Missions more than I enjoy TOR's. I was REALLY hoping for a new Tie Fighter, knowing how much BioWare's staff (Some of them anyway) are avid fans of flight. I assume they will make a Jump to Light Speed type expantion, and we can have the choice of making our ship look the way we want.

But anyway, I think it's a good idea to give out free weekend passes. I enjoy Star Wars, I love Star Wars, got some tattoo's to show that love. I invited my wife to play the 7 day free trial, but because we live in South Korea (no love for us out here from ToR) it's rather difficult to get her a copy.

Really? They have to start paying once they get to lvl 10? or the first planet?

That takes like an hour....

People are gonna hate this game more after such a weak trial....

I played the trial, and within a day I had purchased it on Amazon.co.uk (seriously EA? €60 still on Origin, really?) for £20.

I am now in my free month after the 7 day recruit a friend trial, which by the way takes you to 15, not 10, and you can go through the first 2 planets, which was easily a good 10-15 hours gameplay. Crafting goes up to 39, but any points you gain over that are stored until you apply a retail code, and then your craft pops up to the level it would have been without the cap. You cannot chat in all general channels, only being able to talk in Guild Chat, in response to whispers, or whispering people who have you on their friends list, and you can join, but not speak in the custom chat channels. You can also not use the Auction House. I also spent a tonne of time in Warzones and tried out the Esseles too.

The trial was good enough to pull me in, and im a cynical git at the best of times, so quit your whining, it's bringing in droves of new players. I know just from my word of mouth, I have got 23 other people all checking out the trial too, and of those, 7 have already purchased.

This forum has been filled with doomsaying about population, and now that they are trying to really boost it up, it's filled with more doomsaying about them giving out a free trial?

You people are concerning.

I am enjoying it a tonne, having just now unlocked my Legacy surname, clearing chapter 1 of the Jedi Knight storyline, and haven't had a moment yet where I have been bored.

Edited by Vahzl

Really? They have to start paying once they get to lvl 10? or the first planet?

That takes like an hour....

People are gonna hate this game more after such a weak trial....

More like 3, at the least. 5 if your watching every cut scene and taking your time for the first time.

Edited by DoctorWango

The issue is people are expecting so much more from a game that is only been out for 4 months.

When world of warcraft came out it did awful and anyone who played was disliked for the longest time. It also was very small and the servers we're small. The issue is people are looking for a perfect of game with millions of dollars invested, but won't put the time in the game to show them that people like their game. That's the issues with people and MMO's they don't want to put the time in to watch a game grow. Its the reason SWTOR isn't putting more money in on their servers to make them stronger and better so their would be less lag and more people could join the servers. You have to respect them for what they did and give them time and enjoy the game for what it is. The game itself is fantastic and i have gotten over 30 people to start playing that are my friends and 10x more by upselling it at work and everyone i told, tells me they love the game.

I did work with Blizzard Entertainment with diablo 2 and world of warcraft and know most of the developers personally. The reason they are doing so well is because they don't care about getting everyone to like there game right away, they are patient and watch the game grow and offer so much more after they see people are interested. That is why there are 3 expansions and 2 more on the way. That is why 12 Years later diablo 3 is coming out and 10 years later starcraft 2 came out and with an expansion on it way, because they don't listen to people who complain about the game because of money and who else is playing and stupid trials and weekend passes. They listen to the people who play the game and put the time in the game to tell the developers what's needs to be fixed and what could make the game better.

Just give the game and chance, and let it grow because I do like playing it and I see so much potential in the future for this game to grow if people just enjoy it for what it is. The game did something many people have been waiting 3+ years for when they first announced the idea to the public and they did it just fine. The game really shows how far gaming has come over the years and how in depth a game can be.

-DJ

The issue is people are expecting so much more from a game that is only been out for 4 months.

When world of warcraft came out it did awful and anyone who played was disliked for the longest time. It also was very small and the servers we're small. The issue is people are looking for a perfect of game with millions of dollars invested, but won't put the time in the game to show them that people like their game. That's the issues with people and MMO's they don't want to put the time in to watch a game grow. Its the reason SWTOR isn't putting more money in on their servers to make them stronger and better so their would be less lag and more people could join the servers. You have to respect them for what they did and give them time and enjoy the game for what it is. The game itself is fantastic and i have gotten over 30 people to start playing that are my friends and 10x more by upselling it at work and everyone i told, tells me they love the game.

I did work with Blizzard Entertainment with diablo 2 and world of warcraft and know most of the developers personally. The reason they are doing so well is because they don't care about getting everyone to like there game right away, they are patient and watch the game grow and offer so much more after they see people are interested. That is why there are 3 expansions and 2 more on the way. That is why 12 Years later diablo 3 is coming out and 10 years later starcraft 2 came out and with an expansion on it way, because they don't listen to people who complain about the game because of money and who else is playing and stupid trials and weekend passes. They listen to the people who play the game and put the time in the game to tell the developers what's needs to be fixed and what could make the game better.

Just give the game and chance, and let it grow because I do like playing it and I see so much potential in the future for this game to grow if people just enjoy it for what it is. The game did something many people have been waiting 3+ years for when they first announced the idea to the public and they did it just fine. The game really shows how far gaming has come over the years and how in depth a game can be.

-DJ

WoW did well because it offered a better product then what was out there.

Right now in SW:ToR, I do like the single player better then WoW. However, You burn threw that quick and doing the same planets over and over on alts is not worth it for everyone.

Once your done with "ZOMG, it's starwars" and the story. You are left with a game that is really short on content when compared to other games that play very much the same as this one.

they are letting people who were on the fence try it, they still have to buy it after lvl 10, or 4 days, or the first planet. OH MY GOD THEY GOT THE GAME FOR FREE, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!1!

which sort of defeats the purpose... dont really see any of core game stuff till 10-20... no advanced class, cant get on the fleet ect ect ect... i'd say should be 1-20 experience or at least 12-15

Hello everyone!

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Weekend Pass!

We're now closing this thread, since that weekend is over and we do not want to create confusion. Thanks for understanding!