Advanced versatile armoring 54 schematic where do i get it?

Glaugur

Where do i buy or where does advanced versatile armoring 54 schematic drop?

1. NiM ops is where the schematic drops...not sure what bosses.
  2. You can also get the schematic as a tier 4 GC character (Galactic Command rank 300+).
  3. If you are tier 4 GC you can also get it from the PvP weekly reward.
  4. If you get a rating 246 purple armor piece (again as a tier 4 GC) you can rip the armoring out and RE it with a 100% chance of success. If you have a tier 4 character and it is not your synthweaver, you can still rip out the armoring, install it into a Bind to Legacy gear piece, drop it in your legacy cargo hold or in the mail to your synthweaver. Then your synth rips it out and REs it.

What you cannot do is buy one off the GTN and RE it

Also, be careful with this one, it might not be as profitable. People will tend to get armorings with set bonus, making you sell only for those who do not care about it (are there any?) and for those who use focus (37.5% of the classes).

One note: having seven piece set bonus does not do anything so having one 246 without set bonus in a piece other than a focus/generator would be better than a 7th set bonus armoring of lesser rating. So every DPS/Heal class/spec that has less than 246 armorings in all slots could use a 246 crafted armoring without ill-effect.

That said, I did a lookup on The Harbinger GTN this morning and there were no advanced versatile armoring 54 posted. Either there is higher demand than what you or I think it should be, or demand is so low that no one is bothering. And honestly, I think it is the latter. If my legacy is any indication, I have 246 versatile armorings coming out of my ears (that I cannot use because it would break up six piece set bonuses)

However, I did find many advanced resistive armoring 54 and the going rate is roughly 2,570,000. I took the time to research the current GTN value of all the parts used in producing rating 246 armorings...IF those resistive armorings are selling and versatile go for similar value, then rating 246 armorings - on the Harbinger - are quite profitable.

If your ripping armorings and attempting to pass a 246 armor to another character, the passed 246 armoring cant be a "set" piece i believe or it wont let you send? Only a few 246 gear pieces drop a non-set armoring that can be passed to other toons. If i remember correctly that is....

Ashur

No, you can use set piece on another toon of other class, it will behave as it has no set piece. It is still bound to specific place, so, for example, chest armoring has to be in chest piece of gear.

@psandak, maybe tank gear has more value since it is a bit harder for tank to grind up to rank 300? Also, while true that you only need 6 pieces, your logic holds up to 242. At 248 its stat loss, but that is a different topic altogether.

In short, I think relics, implants and earpieces are better items to craft for profit than mods. But that is only my opinion.

If your ripping armorings and attempting to pass a 246 armor to another character, the passed 246 armoring cant be a "set" piece i believe or it wont let you send? Only a few 246 gear pieces drop a non-set armoring that can be passed to other toons. If i remember correctly that is....

Ashur

Incorrect. I have sent 246 and 248 set bonus armroings to other characters ALL the time. the limitation is that it has to be installed into the same slot - head armoring into head slot

1. If you get a rating 246 purple armor piece (again as a tier 4 GC) you can rip the armoring out and RE it with a 100% chance of success. If you have a tier 4 character and it is not your synthweaver, you can still rip out the armoring, install it into a Bind to Legacy gear piece, drop it in your legacy cargo hold or in the mail to your synthweaver. Then your synth rips it out and REs it.

What you cannot do is buy one off the GTN and RE it

The stuff you get from GC crates can be RE'd? :eek: Only purples?

Edit : nevermind, had not checked your updated high end schem in a while, my bad. Wow.

Edited by BenduKundalini

The stuff you get from GC crates can be RE'd? :eek: Only purples?

Edit : nevermind, had not checked your updated high end schem in a while, my bad. Wow.

Only purple item modifications:

• Armoring
  • Mod
  • Enhancement
  • Barrel
  • Hilt

Green, blue, and yellow/gold item modifications cannot be REed for schematics

And "left side" stuff (ear, implant, relic) cannot be REed for schematics anymore regardless of color.