Sith Sorcerer for DPS

DarthMetier

Everything is "viable" when played and geared correctly. Old tired adage, but it's true. If you are ever sat for low DPS its because either you aren't doing what your class is capable of doing or your raid leader is bad and thinks everyone has to be at the uber max.

Sorcs are, however, on the lower end of the spectrum. I think it's a reasonably fun spec though (I play a TK sage alt from time to time).

its ridiculous, use madness instead. You have more survival from self heals ( even more if you take the pvp set bonus ) plus you always get more dps , stationary or moving. Sorcs have the lowest damage atm, hope bioware intends to fix this soon

It's viable. It can clear content. If done perfectly, it is actually the best spec for a sorcerer. But in practice, it is really hard to get the rotation perfect. Boss fights with heavy movement (which is most of them nowadays) are very frustrating as well.

I think the Lightning spec is in need of some changes right now. It is not nearly as popular as Madness and in my experience is played even less than the old hybrid build that now parses behind Madness.

I'm leveling a TK sage at the moment. It's a seriously fun DPS spec and very easy to learn the rotations. However, I feel like my sentinel main will still do way more damage at max level. This has been backed up some guildies of mine that play both classes.

• 2 weeks later...
its ridiculous, use madness instead. You have more survival from self heals ( even more if you take the pvp set bonus ) plus you always get more dps , stationary or moving. Sorcs have the lowest damage atm, hope bioware intends to fix this soon

Oh and don't listen to this guy, I've never seen a madness sorc out dps anything and from my own experince they parse 10-25% behind lightening.

No, sorcs are the lowest. Ops and Sins generally aren't played right or aren't even allow in raids cause of how pounded in the ground the forums makes them sound.

This is completely correct. I manage very decent numbers on my scrapper scoundrel and the only reason why I never get to take him into raids is because they rather have another sent. for inspiration than risk taking a so called "nerfed" class.

My Main is a lighting spec and I have had him in all the end game content. You do have ot know how to play, and moving is no more a problem for us than it is for a sniper. Remeber to keep your dots on targets. Your Force speed, bubble, self heal, and quick cleanse all help. Set up hot keys know your rotation, adjust for on the move fights. Guild uses SWMontier and I am never at the bottom of damage in any of our raids (HM EC; TFB; KP; EV).

in PVP pull people away from the nodes, Force speed, bubble than stun, knockback, DOT, and light him up. Keep your bubble up, self heal, and DOTs.

Oh and don't listen to this guy, I've never seen a madness sorc out dps anything and from my own experince they parse 10-25% behind lightening.

The top parses on Torparse indicate you are wrong. Sorcs and Sages can parse among the best in the game using Madness.

• 1 year later...

I play a 180 geared dps Sorc with the 180 armour removed for the set bonus armour while overall dps is lower than other toons, the sorc dps when played correctly can do great dps and an overall very viable team player offering off heals and pulling other unaware players out of lava and spit. as for actual numbers my thundering blast hits on average around 8500 in damage with the occasional 10k hits. once again it is all about the Player skill, rotation, gear set, and lag speed playing from Australia my Lag is constantly at 250-300ms where in USA it is 20-40ms. I have not been kicked or rejected from a raid because of lack of dps (telling bad jokes and falling asleep maybe lol)

So in my humblest of opinions I love the lightning spec sorc it is very fun to play :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: