Why healers are all that matter in rateds

LegendaryQuan

If every dps targeted one target the entire warzone, that target would still never die.

If it were the case that the target would die, teams would coordinate to focus down target by target, by target until the other team was wiped. And in that case all that would matter is dps. But that is not the case.

Classes have enough cds with short enough cds on them, combined with 2 healers pouring heals into them, that throughout an entire warzone, if you focused one target, that target would not die once.

Rated warzones, between two competitive teams, is won by hard switches. Nothing else. Being able to coordinate and quickly switch to a target and burst that target down before heals and guard can save the target is how you kill players in rateds.

When a player goes down due to this strategy it is one of, or both of the healers fault. They were too slow and not aware enough/not fast enough/not good enough to keep the only player taking any damage at that time, up.

hey im mvp is the dominant pvp guild, not only on the bastion, but worldwide, due to the fact that their healers are much better than every other guilds healers in the world.

Other "up n coming" guilds are not able to break through to become competitive because their healers heal like they are in a reg. mvp, sb, dp, and synergy all have healers who know who to heal a rated game, as it it not the same as a reg. that is one of the main reasons why these "reg star" guilds that dominate in regs get dominated in rateds. It is because they play the game as if it were a reg; trying to get a big number next to their name on the scoreboard at the end.

All of the damage going on and being healed through and so on and so on is completely irrelevant until a hard switch happens (and it should be happening on every 3 stack shockwave and smash on cd/cull on cd. every one. they dont happen enough and im sick of it. it is the basis for rated wins and needs to be like clockwork. get your **** together). The healers who are able to adjust to these conditions are the ones who are able to carry their teams to victory in rateds.

Having one great healer and one so so healer is completely worthless and two very good, fast, smart healers is the most important thing in building a team. Not being a retard dps and knowing how your class works goes without saying and those who dont fit that criteria are not even worth mentioning.

You must call hard switches to compete with good teams.

You must have someone calling these targets who is a very good, aware player who knows what the correct target to call at that time is, based on a number of things.

You must have dps that are good, smart and fast and can switch instantly.

Once you have a team that can do these things then it becomes a battle of healers.

Any team that cant do those things has no business ever queueing for a rated until they learn to do those things.

hey im mvp = best heals - world

hey im mvp is the dominant pvp guild, not only on the bastion, but worldwide, due to the fact that their healers are much better than every other guilds healers in the world.

i approve this message

seriously though i agree with the quan. healing is stressful and getting lazy with heals or being late on heals has game changing consequences.

P.S. I dont get why the almighty quan felt the need to make this post though

Also i posted a long time ago that 2 smash mara/2 lethal sniper was the best dps comp and it has been proven to be the truth as that comp dominated more convincingly than any other comp since 2.0 on the bastion and anyone who has any sense has seen that I was right.

Mercs are a liability and a crutch. They offer nothing besides the net. Dont let high dps numbers on the scoreboard from mercs fool you. They are worthless and have no business in any high level rated teams comp. (same goes for lightning sorc) They hurt a teams heals (their own teams) and in turn lose games for that team.

mara/mara/sniper/sniper

fact

I know more about this game in both theory and practice than anyone.

fact

If there was real money on the line and a team took a dps comp that wasnt mara/mara/sniper/sniper i would lmao as they lost their money to a mara/mara/sniper/sniper comp.

I said it weeks ago and now people want to talk like they "discovered" the best comp. hahaha

Any team that cant do those things has no business ever queueing for a rated until they learn to do those things.

How are the up and coming teams ever going to get better as an 8 man team if they shouldn't ever q until they have these things perfect? Quite a paradoxical dilemma.

How are the up and coming teams ever going to get better as an 8 man team if they shouldn't ever q until they have these things perfect? Quite a paradoxical dilemma.

No, its not. Capable players are able to do the things I listed with little rated experience. Incapable players are unable to do the things I listed regardless of how many rated games they play. They dont understand the mechanics of the game or their class (or the other classes. or how classes work against and with each other, etc.). Spending hours everyday playing a game, you eventually develop a sense in your head of the physics and mechanics. It is that way with all games.

Some people act and see what happens. These people are unable to compete at high levels in whatever said game is. You need to be able to act, know what is going to happen, and already be "acting" again.

Anyone unable to make a hard switch and be prepared for continuous hard switches with their cds, positioning, mental awareness, and just simple knowledge of the game and its mechanics, will not be able to win in rateds (at least not on this server).

Its just a matter of being a good player. Youre a good player (or at least good enough to get the job done as a ranged dps on a competent rated team, despite my dislike and opinions of the class you play) but unlike regs, a few good players cant carry a few bad players in rateds. If everyone in crits was at your skill level though, you would have a competent team that could begin to learn and give the top teams a run for their money. But you need individual skilled players to start a skilled team. Not casuals looking to be carried or just randomly casting abilities (as that is the only way they know how to play the game)..

I think about half the pain train team are pretty good players too. But they wont win any games on this server because of the other half. Regardless of how many or how much they queue for rateds. Sabotage might have a good player or two, but they might as well be into the darkness with the 8 they queue with. And the 8 they queue with will never win at a high level regardless of how well they learn to work together (unless they learn as individuals how to be a dominating player).

Into the darkness gets farmed by everyone because they run with mostly bad players on the team. Just queueing for regs or putting in the time and work to become a good player would be more helpful to that team than queueing for rateds. They are not ready to work on teamwork as they arent good enough individual players yet (and most of them are probably either incapable/untalented or unwilling to become a good enough individual player to ever be good enough for a competent rated team)

Day 1 All Star teams are much much better than teams filled with mediocre players whove been playing together for years. To have a good team, you need good individual players. All of them. Their is no room for mediocre.

It is why SB/mvp kickball teams are as good (if not better at times) than full mvp or full sb teams. Team chemistry is not as important as just having 8 good players who can act and react to the situations in the game. Teams with players that are worse than the players on the other team are going to lose. Almost every game if not all of them. Regardless of how much they play together.

Queueing for rateds with a team that has bad players on it (or even just decent players) doesnt improve the chance of winning in the future as much as people think it does.

If the original <Mawstars> team came back to the game they would beat any guild on the server (besides mvp, sb, dp, syn) in rated game one. Day one of having gear. First queue. Because they are/were simply more skilled players than all of the other guilds. (and 1 month in would beat ALL of the guilds on the server. as the rated learning curve does still exist and team chemistry is still a factor)

No, its not. Capable players are able to do the things I listed with little rated experience. Incapable players are unable to do the things I listed regardless of how many rated games they play. They dont understand the mechanics of the game or their class (or the other classes. or how classes work against and with each other, etc.). Spending hours everyday playing a game, you eventually develop a sense in your head of the physics and mechanics. It is that way with all games.

Some people act and see what happens. These people are unable to compete at high levels in whatever said game is. You need to be able to act, know what is going to happen, and already be "acting" again.

Anyone unable to make a hard switch and be prepared for continuous hard switches with their cds, positioning, mental awareness, and just simple knowledge of the game and its mechanics, will not be able to win in rateds (at least not on this server).

Its just a matter of being a good player. Youre a good player (or at least good enough to get the job done as a ranged dps on a competent rated team, despite my dislike and opinions of the class you play) but unlike regs, a few good players cant carry a few bad players in rateds. If everyone in crits was at your skill level though, you would have a competent team that could begin to learn and give the top teams a run for their money. But you need individual skilled players to start a skilled team. Not casuals looking to be carried or just randomly casting abilities (as that is the only way they know how to play the game)..

I think about half the pain train team are pretty good players too. But they wont win any games on this server because of the other half. Regardless of how many or how much they queue for rateds. Sabotage might have a good player or two, but they might as well be into the darkness with the 8 they queue with. And the 8 they queue with will never win at a high level regardless of how well they learn to work together (unless they learn as individuals how to be a dominating player).

Into the darkness gets farmed by everyone because they run with mostly bad players on the team. Just queueing for regs or putting in the time and work to become a good player would be more helpful to that team than queueing for rateds. They are not ready to work on teamwork as they arent good enough individual players yet (and most of them are probably either incapable/untalented or unwilling to become a good enough individual player to ever be good enough for a competent rated team)

Day 1 All Star teams are much much better than teams filled with mediocre players whove been playing together for years. To have a good team, you need good individual players. All of them. Their is no room for mediocre.

It is why SB/mvp kickball teams are as good (if not better at times) than full mvp or full sb teams. Team chemistry is not as important as just having 8 good players who can act and react to the situations in the game. Teams with players that are worse than the players on the other team are going to lose. Almost every game if not all of them. Regardless of how much they play together.

Queueing for rateds with a team that has bad players on it (or even just decent players) doesnt improve the chance of winning in the future as much as people think it does.

If the original <Mawstars> team came back to the game they would beat any guild on the server (besides mvp, sb, dp, syn) in rated game one. Day one of having gear. First queue. Because they are/were simply more skilled players than all of the other guilds. (and 1 month in would beat ALL of the guilds on the server. as the rated learning curve does still exist and team chemistry is still a factor)

you sir are a god among men. i learn more from you than i do in my oxford philosophy class

I think he just threw maniac a compliment in there somewhere. I was from the maw, and meh. Only players i thought were actually good were Pantera and Tedford. Hope was a clicker, and i forgot others. Pub side warpath just rolled everyone.

I think he just threw maniac a compliment in there somewhere. I was from the maw, and meh. Only players i thought were actually good were Pantera and Tedford. Hope was a clicker, and i forgot others. Pub side warpath just rolled everyone.

- pantera, tedford, and hope were in entity.

- warpath was good and would also probably dominate, or at the very least compete with the current top guilds, if they returned. (and their asian sage healer was much hotter than any of the female players on the bastion)

- mawstars is the greatest guild in the history of the game with the greatest players to ever roll toons in swtor history.

edit: except for gudarzz

Edited by LegendaryQuan

- pantera, tedford, and hope were in entity.

- all 3 of them sucked and the only one of them that still plays...still sucks.

- warpath was good and would also probably dominate, or at the very least compete with the current top guilds, if they returned. (and their asian sage healer was much hotter than any of the female players on the bastion)

- mawstars is the greatest guild in the history of the game with the greatest players to ever roll toons in swtor history.

I actually miss the Maw, not many of us around anymore.

Edited by irojoz

Because he's the hero that the Bastion deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian...a LegendaryQuan.

GG in de light

I appreciate the compliment, but tbh healing ranked the way we do would not be possible without our DPS putting immense pressure on the other team (which they do) and Justbodies tanking and peeling for us.

Not to mention everyone who plays ranked with us knows how to properly position themselves and has complete knowledge of the current metagame.

Healers are important, yes, but there is a whole lot more going on than that.

PS: sniper/sniper/mara/mara works. We also play several other DPS comps. We use Sorcs and Mercs, and 1 melee with pretty good success. It depends less on the comp, and more on the player skill.