Bounty Contract Week Event - Now Live for Players Level 15 and up!

CourtneyWoods

The Bounty Brokers Association needs you! The BBA has taken in too many contracts for their regular membership to handle and is asking anyone Level 15 and above to answer the call of bounty hunting. Sign up, track these dangerous criminals, and prove your skills by bringing them to justice. After proving yourself with the BBA, some high-profile targets or “Kingpins” contracts will become available to you, meaning greater rewards!

Read More

@adomis, yeah we can only hunt NPCs. Hunting other players would sound fun for some,but the people who are being hunted would likely complain about this. As for the free space flight,I'm hoping that's coming later. As for the world PVP,I don't know if the Hero engine can still handle that but we'll see. Edited by plotenox

sooooo i can only hunt npcS??? and your even limiting the thime i can do it??? let me hunt players forever give me free flight space content guild wars and bring the incentive back to world pvp you jacklanterns

So, you were one of the grifing BHs in SWG weren't you? :p

Player bounty hunting is never happening in TOR, Space is going to get a lackluster addition within the year or beginning of next year most likely.

Edited by Eillack

Its a bit annoying you can only do one contract a day per character, so unless you have a quite a few toons makes it a bit of a slog for newer players. Basically you only have one char it will take you a week to get the opportunity to do the kingpin mission, although I suppose its quick enough to just a level a couple of new chars to 15 to share the load I guess.:rolleyes:

How come this event doesn't have any event rewards that i don't have to spend my hard earned credits on?

the best part of the other events was working to get something that was rare in the game. this event doesn't have that and its really disappointing

@Saintash, I played this bounty event last month when it first came out and recently just hours ago. I think the point of this event is to collect more credits instead of spending them.

And I'm fine with that since I don't always have to do dailys or weeklys just to get the credits.

@plotenox Thats kinda my point. The rakghoul event, the nar shaddaa scavenger hunt, and the gree event all had some type of token, that you could collect and trade in for something with out spending any credits, they all had something that was unique to the event

there is no token system this time around, and im asking why that is? if there is a plan for it or if they are just a set of dailys, since i see events as something were i can get and item that is unique that i cant get with out tokens any other time

How come this event doesn't have any event rewards that i don't have to spend my hard earned credits on?

the best part of the other events was working to get something that was rare in the game. this event doesn't have that and its really disappointing

Only thing that has me taking part in this event for is the HK-51 skin. Otherwise, yeah, we are getting cheap reskins.

Please change the spawn mechanics on henchmen/kingpins to prevent interference from other players ruining your kill/capture choice simply because they are too impatient to wait until you are done before spawning theirs. The spawned mob should be locked to the spawning group or the encounter moved into an instance.

This is really ruining my enjoyment of this event. No they are not 'helping' me - they just want their own mission to be done. For me the game is about the journey not the destination so when you mess up my fight you mess up my game.

Actually, I'm wondering if it might have to do with the scheduled, regular nature of the event. Any event-exclusive items would quickly lose their "unique" quality (in quotes because nothing is truly unique, of course). Perhaps if there was a token, it'd be something based on heroics or boss fights, like the Gree shards, to limit how many you could accumulate in a single event, but at the moment, there aren't any heroics or world/ops bosses, so...

Perhaps that'll change in the future -- something like an H4 instance full of criminal scum could be fun :)

I'm really enjoying this event so far. One question how does it decide who you face? I faced Zinda Kent (sniper always on a ledge or cliff) 3 times today, on three different planets (alderaan, nar shadaa, and coruscant) with three different characters (JK, IA, SW). As much fun as it is killing her, I want to kill someone new.

I really enjoy this event, but BW need to address the new lvl 27 restriction problems.

The achievements not cannot be completed unless you have a lvl 27 and under alt on both factions. A lot of players don't and requiring us to roll a new character and level them to 15 just so we can get one kingpin contract unlocked seems a bit unfair. Not to mention the people who had the contracts unlocked on Ord Mantell and Hutta and have now lost them.

I know you wanted to thin out the crowds, but you could have done that by limiting the bounties available on those planets or reducing the number of players per instance during the event on those planets.

Alternatively, just removed those planets from the achievements please.

I'm really enjoying this event so far. One question how does it decide who you face? I faced Zinda Kent (sniper always on a ledge or cliff) 3 times today, on three different planets (alderaan, nar shadaa, and coruscant) with three different characters (JK, IA, SW). As much fun as it is killing her, I want to kill someone new.

It's a random choice, but there are only a few choices per planet. Dulfy explains it here. But, for example, Zinda Kent is on Dromund Kaas/Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Alderaan.

So let me get this figured out hear, I unlocked the kingpin for Hutta last Bounty week and had it for the rest of the days that the event was going on into this one. I unlock the next kingpin on Dromand Kass but only get to do it once, so how in the hell were others able to finish the hole event in one bloody week. I don't get it, or did I eff it up by choosing the bounty on Dromand Kass and the kingpin at the same time for one day? I need some answers hear, felling confused. Edited by Riper

i am really enjoying this event , and have seen people shouting in general chat for a group for the kingpin bounties, ...

this has me wondering , does the whole group need the bounty token for that same kingpin?

or does just 1 person need the bounty token , yet the whole group gets the rep / title awarded for that kingpin?

i have enough tokens to take 3 kingpin bounties at the moment , and if i bust a gut and farm all my 11 alts that could do it , i could get a lot more , but i need to know if i can share exp / rep etc with a grp and do 3 or 4 kingpins as a guild group , or if i have to bust my butt to aquire as many tokens as possible to share them among our group so each can buy one and we get one kingpin done ? ......

sorry if thats confusing to some , but if you do get what i mean , and know the answer , it would be greatly appreciated .......

i am really enjoying this event , and have seen people shouting in general chat for a group for the kingpin bounties, ...

this has me wondering , does the whole group need the bounty token for that same kingpin?

or does just 1 person need the bounty token , yet the whole group gets the rep / title awarded for that kingpin?

i have enough tokens to take 3 kingpin bounties at the moment , and if i bust a gut and farm all my 11 alts that could do it , i could get a lot more , but i need to know if i can share exp / rep etc with a grp and do 3 or 4 kingpins as a guild group , or if i have to bust my butt to aquire as many tokens as possible to share them among our group so each can buy one and we get one kingpin done ? ......

sorry if thats confusing to some , but if you do get what i mean , and know the answer , it would be greatly appreciated .......

Each person would have to have purchased the kingpin unlock on that character for them to get credit for it. I believe the mission could be shared with anyone who has purchased the unlock bit forgotten to pick up the mission from the terminal.

That doesn't stop you from helping guildies with their kingpins, as you can still help them kill (and stop dpsing before 5% if they need the capture) their bounty. Last night, I helped a guildmate with his kingpin bounty on Coruscant, then he helped me with mine on Nar Shadaa. One thing to keep in mind, all bounties (and any angry shady characters) will be the level of the highest level group member. So, if you want to help anyone who is more than 5 levels lower, it's best to not be in a group when the bounty spawns.

I have a question, sorry I'm a bit confused!

I have unlocked a couple of Kingpin contracts on a character. The next time the bounty week comes around (next month), will those Kingpins still be unlocked? Or do we have to unlock them each time?

Those Kingpins will still be unlocked.