New Player Mentorship Thread

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not terribly experienced, but totally willing to help out =)

Server: Terentatek

Faction: Imperial

Characters: Jubal (50 Powertech BH DPS), Jubalae (15-ish Sorcerer), Lirra (5-ish Agent)

Edited by AinuKvasir

Great idea! I'd be happy to help out where I can. If any newcomers want some advice, they can roll Republic on "The Shadowlands". Below is a list of my current character names.

Aaliyah - 50 Sage (Telekinetics)

Hartman - 35 Commando (Gunnery)

Corthin - 12 Sentinel (Combat)

I don't have a bunch of level 50s, but I've been playing this game since August of 2010 (beta tester) and have pretty good experience with most aspects of the game.

Edited by GamewizX

Quentyn -48 Gunslinger

Raizen -28 Commando

Meris -23 Sentinel

Server: Lord Calypho

English/Some German

I have other chars but most of my time is divided between these three. I'm always willing to help new players :)

Server: BLACK VULKARS

PVP Server, active. West Coast.

Imperial BH

Zakuak

Small guild with friends and familia onboard. We say bad things, drink beer and spit on pubs. Good times and I can offer up some help any time =)

Heyo.

I'm on Vrook Lamar, in the guild Spark of Hope. My main, which is at lvl 50, is Jarrant (DPS Commando). I do have an alt at lvl 1, a Jedi Consular named Hiwao-Merafi, who is probably going to become Another Jedi Sage Healer. Feel free to look me up if you have questions.

Edited by venomlash

I would absolutely love to provide guidance.

Server: The Swiftsure

Faction: Republic

Character name: Arcadius as well as Jarilo whom I will be starting to level.

I already provide a lot of help to people in the game, and would love to help newcomes come to their own and enjoy the game. I may even make you a gun while I'm at it :D

I'm confused, I thought the limitation was that the trial accounts cannot:

Use General Chat. [only say]

Can only reply to whispers.

Cannot use the mail system.

Cannot trade.

Cannot go anywhere except first two planets, Warzones, and the fleet.

So, how are these strangers supposed to get our attention?

Nice catch! I've amended my original post, as the Weekend Pass Free Trial players will, unfortunately, not be able to initiate a whisper.

Server: Lord Ieldis

Character: Helo, 50 Commando (Medic)

Playtime: Weeknights (5-10 EST), Weekends (varies)

I have focused primarily on pvp healing, so that's where I'll really be able to help, however I can provide general info to new players as well.

Kudos on a great idea Bioware!

Server: Darth Sion

Characters:

Mishakai: 50 Guardian

Nytak: 50 Commando

Drathaena: 31 Sage

Time of Day Online:

5pm-11pm MST Weekdays.

All Day Weekends.

Edited by Nytak

My characters reside on Shadowtown the pvp server I have char ranging from 9 to 49 with a few in the 40 range. Republic side is my preferred play side.

I think it's a great idea and I would like to help any new players coming aboard.

Hoopharted lvl 49 guardian

Whoofhearted lvl 47 sage

Server: Assassins of Sion

Type: PVE

Timezone: US East

Guild: Heavens Shadow

Characters:

Kemic (Lvl 50 Sith Marauder, Annihilation Spec)

Karshtakavaar (Lvl 26 Sorcerer, Lightning Spec)

Hatori (Lvl 50 Assassin, Darkness Spec)

Any new players are welcome to come join, more information about the guild and getting more access to members to answer any questions can be found on our website: here.

One thing I do find rather peculiar about this, is that the weekend trials are unable to whisper players in-game directly, and this post was updated to mention it will be more helpful for players invited through the friend trial. However, if a new player is being invited through a friend trial, would their friend who invited them not automatically be the greatest source of beginner knowledge that the new player would have access to. Kinda makes this idea, while very useful and friendly, kind of a moot point.

Edited by Kemic

Server: Black Vulkars

Type: PVP

Timezone: US East

Guild: Conjugal Visit

Characters:

Hatekrime (lvl 50 Sith Juggernaught Immoratl tanking spec)

Hunnybadger (lvl37 Imperial Agent sniper spec)

I am the GM for the guild Conjugal Visit and would be happy to bring new players up to speed. I have a several guildmates who would also be available for questioning and help if needed. Please feel free to whisper me for any information you may need.

Edited by Strongtooth