My spec

Commissar_Omega

A lot of people ask me about my spec, so I made this thread to refer them to.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZdcMMdRMZcMcRs0z.2

To those who might say "lol you shouldn't cast lightning strike off wrath ever", or "lol you don't have bubble blind" you're bad, go away. This spec is meant for PvP, I don't PvE at all, ever.

Edited by Commissar_Omega

I'm curious as to how you proceed in a warzone scenario. The aoe talent in corruption combined with the hybrid of madness and lightning suggests that you like to use force lightning a lot to generate chain lightning procs, but that really isn't useful in most pvp cases as you want to be focusing down one target while incapacitating others. The reduced dark infusion cast time may help you in rare cases, but because you are not healing oriented, you're really not getting much benefit from that. I am quite interested in learning about how you make this spec work.

I'm all for using LS on wrath to get a CL proc, but preemptively calling people bad for not taking the bubble blind makes me question your judgement. Sorcerers can thrive without it for sure but when you're going that high in Lightning AND purposely avoiding it for AoE damage increase (which you have little of) just seems silly.

Of course most sorcerers have to go above and beyond to make the class work at all, so maybe the same can be said with the spec. As with the last posters I would love to know how to make this work or if you're just pvping to play fodder.

PS: At the very least I'd say drop reserves and put them into Induction. With Effusion it's nearly impossible to run out of force.

Edited by Psirebral

And I don't want it to sound like he is a horrible player, but you just confirmed my point. If he doesn't have competition then he can probably get away with playing, from what I can see, an odd spec. I haven't attempted the spec so I'm just on the outside looking in.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to necro an old thread, I'm not saying people who use bubble blind are bad. I'm preemptively stating that bubble blind isn't necessary, and those who say it is the one true way show a lack of understanding of the class. This is the max pvp dps build for sorcs, I'm confident of that from being at the top of the sorc dps heap on Terentatek and then pot5 since launch. It does strip your CC to the core and you have to be an expert at kiting and positioning to use it since you don't have much room to screw up. The damage output is second to no other spec though.

Many who try this spec are skeptical about whether casting lightning strike to get chain to proc is worthwhile. I can say this, nobody that has ever tried it has expressed regret, not even really new players.

Edited by Commissar_Omega

Sorry to necro an old thread, I'm not saying people who use bubble blind are bad. I'm preemptively stating that bubble blind isn't necessary, and those who say it is the one true way show a lack of understanding of the class. This is the max pvp dps build for sorcs, I'm confident of that from being at the top of the sorc dps heap on Terentatek and then pot5 since launch. It does strip your CC to the core and you have to be an expert at kiting and positioning to use it since you don't have much room to screw up. The damage output is second to no other spec though.

Many who try this spec are skeptical about whether casting lightning strike to get chain to proc is worthwhile. I can say this, nobody that has ever tried it has expressed regret, not even really new players.

i used to run 7/17/17 back n the wrath cl days but CL just doesnt do it for me anymore..

Best sorc dps I've ever witnessed in game is this player, the OP Komissar. We've never spoken and he doesn't know me so don't get the idea that I'm posting on his behalf. I'm not rubbing one out in his name but have gone up against him since the Terentatek days, pre-initial server xfer, and he is still legit to this day. Friend of mine wanted to make a sorc and I had mentioned I've only really come across one guy that I can remember being detrimental in a game and I wish I knew his build. That was you.

I was really dumbfounded when I came across this post and saw your spec that you run to be honest but I can say without a doubt you play it like no other. Very happy to have come across your build, I, and many others I know, had been wondering what you did that was so different than other sorcs. Looks like a lot of things but you make it happen better than any other I've ever played.

Edited by Master_Nate

Best sorc dps I've ever witnessed in game is this player, the OP Komissar. We've never spoken and he doesn't know me so don't get the idea that I'm posting on his behalf. I'm not rubbing one out in his name but have gone up against him since the Terentatek days, pre-initial server xfer, and he is still legit to this day. Friend of mine wanted to make a sorc and I had mentioned I've only really come across one guy that I can remember being detrimental in a game and I wish I knew his build. That was you.

I was really dumbfounded when I came across this post and saw your spec that you run to be honest but I can say without a doubt you play it like no other. Very happy to have come across your build, I, and many others I know, had been wondering what you did that was so different than other sorcs. Looks like a lot of things but you make it happen better than any other I've ever played.

you should probably have your friend work on full madness to learn kiting first. This spec shines more in a coordinated group and requires good thought into kiting patterns to be effective. Madness is a much easier starting point until he masters the kiting aspect.

just my two cents

you should probably have your friend work on full madness to learn kiting first. This spec shines more in a coordinated group and requires good thought into kiting patterns to be effective. Madness is a much easier starting point until he masters the kiting aspect.

just my two cents

I agree and so does he. He wants to experiment with some different builds. I too had a madness sorc in the beginning then went to a healing role but I loved madness when I did use it. Thanks for the suggestion, it definitely is worth trying multiple builds with sorcs as it's more of the person behind the character when it comes to this class.