Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

The Magenta Crystal does in fact exist, but it is not acquired through Reverse Engineering. At the present time, it could be classified as one of the rarest items in the game.

While I am not going to give any more information on how, where or from whom it may be acquired, I want to debunk the idea that you have to reverse engineer endgame gear to get it so people don't do stuff they regret.

So, on that note, can I ask WHY THE HELL *** BALLS you decided to follow this idiotic route whilst also having almost every other damned NPC Sith Assassin on some planets get to have purple gems?

The game's got enough issues with customization as it is without you enforcing idiotic artificial scarcity about things that we should be able to grab ahold of.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I know, that non-interactive object in the west Jedi ruins on Ilum with a tooltip of "Builder's Vault"... is that for the Republic daily quest line?

Also, I have to agree it's pointless to make Magenta mats so rare when Rakata offhands for Sith Warriors and Bounty Hunters are already available from Hard mode Gharj. Magenta is barely better than the regular crafting colors and Purple, but Black-Red and Black-Blue are a huge jump from that.

That is the same problem for crafting in general where 23 and 24 schematics are nowhere to be found, but we're already obtaining Rakata gear with 25s on them.

Edited by Malakriss

The Magenta Crystal does in fact exist, but it is not acquired through Reverse Engineering. At the present time, it could be classified as one of the rarest items in the game.

While I am not going to give any more information on how, where or from whom it may be acquired, I want to debunk the idea that you have to reverse engineer endgame gear to get it so people don't do stuff they regret.

Since you commented on this would you be so kind as to comment on the purple crystal scandal of 2012 :D

Edited by Delekahn

So, on that note, can I ask WHY THE HELL *** BALLS you decided to follow this idiotic route whilst also having almost every other damned NPC Sith Assassin on some planets get to have purple gems?

The game's got enough issues with customization as it is without you enforcing idiotic artificial scarcity about things that we should be able to grab ahold of.

Magenta isn't purple dude.

This is off-topic, but I think it's funny how in MMOs that rare items get so much attention but sometimes seem somewhat arbitrary. Like, if magenta or purple crystals were a lvl 9 newb artifice schematic, I wonder if anyone would even care about them. In a way it's more about the prestige or rarity than the actual color. Purple and magenta crystals were basically a time a dozen in SWG and no one hardly used them.

How do they decide which colors should be rare? Yellow and orange are pretty common in SWTOR but never appear in the films.

Edited by MorgonKara

This is off-topic, but I think it's funny how in MMOs that rare items get so much attention but sometimes seem somewhat arbitrary. Like, if magenta or purple crystals were a lvl 9 newb artifice schematic, I wonder if anyone would even care about them. In a way it's more about the prestige or rarity than the actual color. Purple and magenta crystals were basically a time a dozen in SWG and no one hardly used them.

How do they decide which colors should be rare? Yellow and orange are pretty common in SWTOR but never appear in the films.

If you take a peek in some of the other threads you'll notice that a large number of people who want Purple or Magenta or any color really don't want them because they're rare, they want them because of personal preference which is really what this whole thing is about. They've taken away what should be a core customization feature in order to make it a "prestige" or "rarity" thing. From what I've read they were relatively easy to get in Beta and yet hardly anyone used them except for those of us who wanted them because it's the color we like. In all seriousness I really think they ought to make lightsaber blade color a universal changeable thing on all of them and switch out Color Crystals for Focusing Lens's or hell just chuck the stats from the crystals onto the hilt or some other aspect of them. That way there is no Advantage or Disadvantage to having one color over another.

If you take a peek in some of the other threads you'll notice that a large number of people who want Purple or Magenta or any color really don't want them because they're rare, they want them because of personal preference which is really what this whole thing is about. They've taken away what should be a core customization feature in order to make it a "prestige" or "rarity" thing. From what I've read they were relatively easy to get in Beta and yet hardly anyone used them except for those of us who wanted them because it's the color we like. In all seriousness I really think they ought to make lightsaber blade color a universal changeable thing on all of them and switch out Color Crystals for Focusing Lens's or hell just chuck the stats from the crystals onto the hilt or some other aspect of them. That way there is no Advantage or Disadvantage to having one color over another.

agreed, its a pain that some colours give certain stats etc

additionally, i dont think its very fair that every L50 imp that pvp's for a week gets a purple PVP lightsaber, when republic are stuck with a horrible colour? afaik the only purple lightsaber in the movies was wielded by a Jedi

what does bioware have against republic? why this constant bias towards empire? all the cool animations, all the unfair not-so-mirror abilities, item looks, etc etc

An astute observation Sir. Magenta may or may not be the color you are looking for.

But the Advanced Lethal Magenta Crystal itself is magenta is it not? I was not referring the Magenta Adegan Crystal, which I will find eventually by the way! Hide it all you want I didn't 100% all the Mass Effects, DAs, and KoTORs for nothing :)

That is the same problem for crafting in general where 23 and 24 schematics are nowhere to be found, but we're already obtaining Rakata gear with 25s on them.

This right here, is a big problem. Knowing what I do right now, I feel like all the time spent as an Artifice, is wasted, if I can't even craft comparable Crystals, Hilts, or Enhancements. At least Cybertech gets things like mounts/vehicles.

This is seemingly VERY similar to that of other MMOs: Crafting can make you okay stuff, but unless you do the hardest content available, you do not get anything worthy of note. Not what I would call diverse paths of progression.

If there was honestly a disclaimer of "Nothing you can craft will ever measure up even close to what PvP/Ops award", I would have taken up Slicing instead, and just hoarded credits.

Edited by ZeroEdgeir

The magenta crystal artifice pattern drops off of the world boss on Belsavis. It dropped for my friend a few days ago.

agreed, its a pain that some colours give certain stats etc

additionally, i dont think its very fair that every L50 imp that pvp's for a week gets a purple PVP lightsaber, when republic are stuck with a horrible colour? afaik the only purple lightsaber in the movies was wielded by a Jedi

what does bioware have against republic? why this constant bias towards empire? all the cool animations, all the unfair not-so-mirror abilities, item looks, etc etc

The only reason Windu's lightsaber was purple was because Samuel L. Jackson wanted to stand out and requested that Lucas let him have one.

If there was honestly a disclaimer of "Nothing you can craft will ever measure up even close to what PvP/Ops award", I would have taken up Slicing instead, and just hoarded credits.

That's the way it should be, honestly. I like WotLK's method of letting you get gear one tier behind without raiding though. No reason people can't EVENTUALLY get the great gear.

With that said, crafting is a bit useless right now. You can't create gear that's on par with the really good stuff and orange gear makes low level patterns useless.

Edited by DarthMicalas

I believe Plo Koon used a yellow saber, but can't remember if it appeared in any of the films.

The only reason Windu's lightsaber was purple was because Samuel L. Jackson wanted to stand out and requested that Lucas let him have one.

I feel like most people don't know this. Just gotta watch some behind the scenes stuff :p. In all reality though Adegan crystals were very rare which is why making these magenta ones are so rare because you need an Adegan crystal.

I feel like most people don't know this. Just gotta watch some behind the scenes stuff :p. In all reality though Adegan crystals were very rare which is why making these magenta ones are so rare because you need an Adegan crystal.

How could anyone not know it? when almost every other comment in these threads is someone trying to cram this down our throats as a reason why they are so hard to find. But then again, you should probably also know that purple has existed as a lightsaber color prior to Samuel L. Jackson. But all of that is besides the point, the point of this whole thing is that Lightsaber color should be ABOUT PERSONAL PREFERENCE and not rarity, not prestige, not about lore, it should be a customization option that is available to all Jedi and Sith and even those who use blasters. It should NEVER have been about stats and all the other stuff I mentioned previously and has probably been mentioned hundreds if not thousands of times by now, Bioware, seriously, this is such a simple little thing why wasn't it fully customizable in the first place? I know you're monitoring this thread you've posted in it twice now. Making certain colors "rare" seemingly arbitrarily is just stupid, no offense but it is. And yes it is a big factor for a lot of people in deciding whether they will continue to play this game or not. If maybe you could at least explain in some measure of detail how it was that you decided which colors would be accessible to everyone and which ones would be retardedly difficult to obtain? I feel like I've been shouting till I'm blue in the face, but I'm tired of having to read the same three or four posts over and over again, posted by different people but all containing the same few lines. I hate having to repeat myself and I hate having to see other people reiterate the same thing.

Are you kidding me? We got Solid Snake, Nathan Drake, and FemShep as Republic players! The Imperials needed that purple crystal so they still had something awesome. The reason I rolled Republic is because that's where all the best voice actors are at.

Female Consular VO is sublime.

Magenta Crystal Schematic Drops from Belsavis World Boss. Video Supplied

I did not make this video just simply found it google searching for the world boss. The most important part of the video is the ending make sure to enter full screen for best results. If you Look you will notice that the bottom drop is in fact, Schematic: Advanced Magenta Resonating Crystal which assuming the video is legit which i see no reason to believe that it is not, The Video confirms which mob the schematic drops from.

How could anyone not know it? when almost every other comment in these threads is someone trying to cram this down our throats as a reason why they are so hard to find. But then again, you should probably also know that purple has existed as a lightsaber color prior to Samuel L. Jackson. But all of that is besides the point, the point of this whole thing is that Lightsaber color should be ABOUT PERSONAL PREFERENCE and not rarity, not prestige, not about lore, it should be a customization option that is available to all Jedi and Sith and even those who use blasters. It should NEVER have been about stats and all the other stuff I mentioned previously and has probably been mentioned hundreds if not thousands of times by now, Bioware, seriously, this is such a simple little thing why wasn't it fully customizable in the first place? I know you're monitoring this thread you've posted in it twice now. Making certain colors "rare" seemingly arbitrarily is just stupid, no offense but it is. And yes it is a big factor for a lot of people in deciding whether they will continue to play this game or not. If maybe you could at least explain in some measure of detail how it was that you decided which colors would be accessible to everyone and which ones would be retardedly difficult to obtain? I feel like I've been shouting till I'm blue in the face, but I'm tired of having to read the same three or four posts over and over again, posted by different people but all containing the same few lines. I hate having to repeat myself and I hate having to see other people reiterate the same thing.

wooow... some punctuation would really help...

Magenta Crystal Schematic Drops from Belsavis World Boss. Video Supplied

I did not make this video just simply found it google searching for the world boss. The most important part of the video is the ending make sure to enter full screen for best results. If you Look you will notice that the bottom drop is in fact, Schematic: Advanced Magenta Resonating Crystal which assuming the video is legit which i see no reason to believe that it is not, The Video confirms which mob the schematic drops from.

That is indeed the schematic for the magenta crystal. However, this thread is in reference to the Magenta Adegan Crystals, which is a material needed for crafting the crystal.

What are you talking about? I played a Guardian and a Juggernaut and they are exactly the same, even their talents are the same... they just look different (I perfer Guardian) with different names. Plus the Commando gets the assault cannon while the imperial gets sniper rifles, both equally awesome-sauce.

Correct.

Also remember, Purple is bluish in color. Magenta/Violet is reddish.

Magenta/Violet or possibly Cyan are my preferred colors. Always have been.

This is sad. Sigh. Magenta is so rare 50% of the Sith apprentices I encounter have one. heh. It's like saying "All that water, but none to drink, except for the Sith NPCs."

THis is a Raph Koster move if I ever saw one, honestly. I know it's just happenstance. But Bioware talks about choices, the choice here is to raid, or go without. Another customization option limited by forcing you into a playstyle. This is about personal preference, I don't care about rarity.

I will say this though GZ. The Trials quest on Voss, (yes this is unrelated). Is pretty awesome. If you guys ever add in a Trials quest for Jedi/Sith. pull from this. I really enjoyed it.

Edited by CriticalMasses

Correct.

Also remember, Purple is bluish in color. Magenta/Violet is reddish.

Magenta/Violet or possibly Cyan are my preferred colors. Always have been.

This is sad. Sigh. Magenta is so rare 50% of the Sith apprentices I encounter have one. heh. It's like the saying "All that water, but none to drink, except for the Sith NPCs."

THis is a Raph Koster move if I ever saw one, honestly. I know it's just happenstance. But Bioware talks about choices, the choice here is to raid, or go without. Another customization option limited by forcing you into a playstyle. This is about personal preference, I don't care about rarity.

I will say this though GZ. The Trials quest on Voss, (yes this is unrelated). Is pretty awesome. If you guys ever add in a Trials quest for Jedi/Sith. pull from this. I really enjoyed it.

Red + blue = purple