Differences between server types

Lorien

And PVP servers only allow free combat in contested areas, in areas your faction controls they're just like pve servers. Most high level zones are contested, some mid level zones are, and virtually no low level zones are, so you get exposed to more faction interaction as you level up.

RP servers prefer that you game in character and have some suggested guidelines/rulesets for this. It is generally assumed that you are IC all of the time in spatial chat unless you indicate otherwise.

PvP servers will have open world PvP in most areas except Origin Worlds if my understanding is correct.

And of course RP-PvE and RP-PvP are combinations of the rulesets.

Ok... let me rephrase.

What are Turbine's rules for RP servers here? Any posings anywhere? I mean... will Turbine step in and prevent namings like this one I ran into yesterday: Mucho Ppinmypants? Or is RP literally just a pointless server tag?

Edited by Lorien

Ok... let me rephrase.

What are Turbine's rules for RP servers here? Any posings anywhere? I mean... will Turbine step in and prevent namings like this one I ran into yesterday: Mucho Ppinmypants? Or is RP literally just a pointless server tag?

Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, but this game belongs to BioWare... not Turbine. :)

I don't say this often, but this one has to be a troll....I mean seriously, Turbine? lol

Considering that she has been a member, and following the game's development, since 2008 I seriously doubt it is trolling.

To actually address your question Lorien, report the name if you feel it is inappropriate, as could be the case here. There are rules for naming conventions and this definitely violates those rules.