Voidstar sucks.

Viscerus

I agree, this map is just crazy. And if you start out as defender and hold the first door over the full time, you win 1:0 at the end and get a stupidly low amount of commendations.

Voidstar is just a huge waste of time.

Seriously, I'd rather clean my sack with sandpaper.

You need to give us the option to choose which maps to queue for.

Besides your honestly quite unrequested and all around vulgar comment, I only have one thing to say about your one meaningful contribution:

Oh, Hell no.

Besides your honestly quite unrequested and all around vulgar comment, I only have one thing to say about your one meaningful contribution:

Oh, Hell no.

Besides your utterly nonsensical and entirely confusing post I only have one thing to say:

You made no meaningful contribution.

I have the same oppinion of Alderaan as you do of Voidstar. Void Star however is my favorite PvP Map out there and the one i enjoy the most on all my characters.

1) Voidstar

2) Huttball

3) Novare coast

4) Alderaan civil war. (I have voiced my disdain in nearly identical words to your oppinion of Void)

If i could vote one off the island it'd Be Alderaan. Funnest map for me tho is Voidstar. so part of the problem if you have the ability to only Que for Certain maps you'd extend ques as people have different preferences. It would make the problem for Que's on Low population servers even worse.

Besides your utterly nonsensical and entirely confusing post I only have one thing to say:

Nonsensical? Might want to read my post again and perhaps put 2 neurons.

No meaningful contribution? Yeah, perhaps, still that's all the first post was worth.

Now, if you want me to explain myself, here we go:

No way. No choosing the maps to queue for, not now and not for the ranked WZs.

I like my PVP varied and fun. You know what (and I speak from experience) happens when you know which warzone you're going to play? The group composition gets fixed in stone (at least until the next meta change) and pvp becomes just a matter of dropping the wz as soon as you see who's on the other side.

No thanks. You may get, from time to time, the warzone you hate. Free to leave it. It's still better than the alternative.

That confused you? I think we found out why you dislike void star!

OT: selecting what one you want to play just complicates things and dilutes the pool more, leading to longer queue times, most people don't hate any specific map to that degree, so i doubt its a priority to do, especially before cross server gets done. maybe after as then you could still maintain decent queue times for most maps.

I like my PVP varied and fun. You know what (and I speak from experience) happens when you know which warzone you're going to play? The group composition gets fixed in stone (at least until the next meta change) and pvp becomes just a matter of dropping the wz as soon as you see who's on the other side.

No thanks. You may get, from time to time, the warzone you hate. Free to leave it. It's still better than the alternative.

Ah right forgot about this, this too would be why it would be bad to be able to queue for a specific warzone.

Edited by halorix

Novare coast is by far the worst of the pvp matches, the map supports a total zergfest.

the only thing novare coast has going for it is the potential for major comebacks. I've seen flip flops down to the wire on that map. Novare coast is by far the most Dynamic of all the matches as it can have turn overs pretty fast . I've seen novare maps go from 100% vs 30% to squeaker wins/ losses by a few points. In Huttball if the other team is 4 or 5 up it's highly unlikely the other team will even it up or win . Same with alderaan a massive lead by one team is extremely hard to beat . The way they have Coast set up , small map with 2 out of 3 objectives needed and only one team gets points at a time can make up for bad starts easier than some of the other maps imo.

Not my favorite map but not as one sided as some of other maps can be either.

Novare coast is by far the worst of the pvp matches, the map supports a total zergfest.

Ok and Voidstar doesnt have any choke points where players zerg it up. Voidstar is the worst map out there. The only people that like it are usually pyro powertechs or anything with AE damage. They should at least add the option to unque for Voidstar... since it sucks.

• 2 months later...

I hate voidstar as well, and given the choice would never que it, not in normal not in ranked. The reasons for this is that little divider Bioware added to the first two doors has done nothing to save a majority of the matches I play in Ranked being 0-0 and random victory being assigened, that is not a good setup for "Competitive Gameplay". The WZ either needs to be completely rebooted again, like it was back in beta or be removed from Ranked WZs.

As long as you have, healers who know to, let you die but one by one, not in big groups and 2 or 3 ranged AOE classes, Voidstar will not progress beyond the first door, its long dull and boring and the majority of the map isn't even seen in ranked making it a complete waste to even be there in the first place. At most if the 0-0 is broken they'll either do the slow and charge approuch which, if you have the time left (which you shouldn't vs and good team) you can maybe get to the shields before the final room.

The issue I have with voidstar is the entire design is based around dragging out the WZ as long as possible so you can win, it makes matches very long and dull, and getting two in a row makes my enitre ranked team smash their heads on their computer desks. Now if the full length was played out but beyond the first room I doubt it'd be so boring, if they split the first two doors further way from spawn like on the second door (after the bridges) then the map would progress more and be more enjoyable. To be honest the bridge to second doors part of voidstar is great and where most of the fun in the WZ is found, but people need to get to that area more often instead of being shut down at the first door. I'd like to see it rebooted where it isn't possible to actually stop a team getting to the datacore or at the very least very difficult to do, so that way its really which team does it faster/can delay the other team the longest, and stop the long drawn out battles at the first door.

Seriously, I'd rather clean my sack with sandpaper.

You need to give us the option to choose which maps to queue for.

eywwwww. for the first part.. Second part, I wish it was possible to choose which maps to queue for too. For the first part, again, 'eywwwww'.

eywwwww. for the first part.. Second part, I wish it was possible to choose which maps to queue for too. For the first part, again, 'eywwwww'.

<.< I assume he didn't mean "Until I rub the first few layers of skin off", because otherwise it's basically the same as shaving down there :p

Oh, Hell no.

I'm with this fella.

Voidstar is the *******.

Voidstar is a fantastic map. The pillars allow for some great positioning (only for ranged, though :()if you're playing ranged) and screwing around . I like the frequent races to the healing buff.

What I really like the most is that there is always action in voidstar, unless you're that guy defending the unattacked door and they never go for it, but they will usually switch doors at some point. Much better than in CW or Novare where you know you're behind and your team fails to capture a 2nd point and you probably could go afk for 10 mins, because the other team will probably not want to attack your point.

CW is the worst offender there. You're far away from action and the only way you'll ever get any is if your team is in the lead. Unlike in Voidstar, you'll get some action defending if the enemy plants.

Finally, I used to love huttball, but it blatantly favors some classes. I mean, wth do you do in this map as a scrapper? You try to jump their ranged dps? If the enemy ball carrier is a leaper, you probably won't stick long on him. The only time I'm really happy to play HB is when I'm on my sniper. It's really fun to deal death from above to some poor souls and I feel like it's one of the best class to defend. Don't give me the ball, though. I'm as dead as a dodo with it!

Anyways, all classes can be good in VS and there's a lot of action. <3 it

P.S. Voidstar doesn't like you either.

Edited by lpsmash