Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware had a problem with a decision and managed to come up with a worse solution! Gratz!

They are saying that the money spent in the game is different, a player that pays his monthly fee but dont play as much as others cant get the 30 days bonus! Is my money or support any lower because I didnt reach some lvl threshold in game??

Great thinking BW!

You should have expanded this promotion to players that are paying you since launch and not using some gametime as rules!

BW is basically saying they dont care about the casual players. We are already punished with lack of time to play and now have to pay more...

Bioware had a problem with a decision and managed to come up with a worse solution! Gratz!

They are saying that the money spent in the game is different, a player that pays his monthly fee but dont play as much as others cant get the 30 days bonus! Is my money or support any lower because I didnt reach some lvl threshold in game??

Great thinking BW!

You should have expanded this promotion to players that are paying you since launch and not using some gametime as rules!

BW is basically saying they dont care about the casual players. We are already punished with lack of time to play and now have to pay more...

You have time until 22 april, you can make it :rolleyes:

Great thinking BW!

My original post was that Bioware have to be very careful in defining what makes a valuable player and so do you.

BioWare definition

• = person who left the game and comes back: +7 days free
  • = person who rushed to level 50: +30 days free
  • = person who'll grind legacy level 6 in a few days: +30 days free
  • =/= person who kept subscribed and levelled very casually: nothing
  • =/= person who rerolled on less empty server: nothing
  • =/= person who made alts on different servers: nothing

Mine: +30 free time

• = Kept subscibed for at least 3 months in a row and did not leave the game

Special in game rewards would go to:

• = Been there at launch or first month, because not everyone was able to activate their
    accounts day 1, and kept subscribed without interruption since then.

Edited by Deewe

Ok....noob question of the day... I can't find out what Legacy Level I am currently.

Where is it located in the game?

:confused:

When you reach the end of Chapter 1 on your first character to reach that point, you get a Legacy window prompt to create your Legacy Name that carries across all characters.

Once this is done, your Legacy XP bar appears in purpoe just under the green XP bar. This defaults at the very bottom of the interface screen, but after 1.2, you might have moved it elsewhere. :)

Either way, just find your regular leveling XP bar and it is the purple one just underneath that.

I see the bar, and I have my "brother" and his "girlfriend" set up in my Legacy, but I don't know what Level I am. o.O\

I press Y... and I don't see it.

Just a bunch of moves and abilities that I can't access yet.

EDIT -- Legacy Level 4. Had to go into Interface Editor and make it larger so my mouse would actually hover over the bar.

Edited by Airehn

EDIT -- Legacy Level 4. Had to go into Interface Editor and make it larger so my mouse would actually hover over the bar.

;)

Ok, BioEA... hear my nerd-cant... Moooorrrreeee Speeeccciiieeessss.

C'mon, please?

We want to play Wookies, Jawas, Rodians, Bothans, Ithorians, Mon Cals, Sullustrans, Yoda's people (Yodites?), and a dozen others, at Least!

Want More Species.

Edited by Sevryn

Never mind the haters and miscreants who thrive on whining endlessly even if a good thing gets thrown in their face.

This really made my day. Not the free 30-days really, I can afford the sub, but the goodwill shown to your fans and loyal playerbase. The free gametime is just icing on a great cake :)

Hats off to you all.

Great thinking BW!

I'm a casual player; father, full time work and a busy life outside of the metal box, yet I am Legacy Level 8.

I really do not see you post as holding validity. Sorry.

The ONLY thing I think I am entitled to from Bioware is equal respect because I pay an equal amount.All The Best

The email says: "most valued high level player", not "most valued paying customer".

So if they want to "reward" anyone, it's active players. If you're not an active player (for whatever reason), you may still be a valued customer, and good things will come to you as well, just not this round, sorry. (I'd argue the tauntaun baby is a good thing, too, but you'll likely disagree.)

Legacy 6 is easy if you're active but don't have a level 50 yet. It's a fair compromise.

MMO is not single player. Your subscription is only part of your value. Your subscription alone won't keep this game alive. Your activity is another part, the one that makes the game attractive to other/new players. So this is a "reward" for activity.

And I'm sorry, but abandoning a low-population server for a high population server is reward in itself. Making servers even less attractive shouldn't be rewarded with extra concessions.

yep Both of us have been here since Beta, We Play every week, got 4 characters (each)that we play depending on what we feel like playing (and my wife has one on the test server- she plays this when I am not home but she is), Have a FAMILY and a real life but we play an average of 16-20 hours a week. Like to make sure we see all there is to see before moving on. And Bioware doesn't think we are loyal Players because we don't play it their way... because we aren't trying to get to legacy 6 or level 50 but are interested in see what is there, interacting and enjoying the story. What a kick in the teeth. Edited by AZEqualizer

Well it is a move in the right direction, but the 30 days should have gone to anyone with a founders title period.

Seems to me that if your game is steadily losing subs, evident by dying servers, the last thing you want to do is turn off any of your paying subs. Especially casual players here since day one who like the game but will not qualify for the "loyalty" reward.

Sure maybe they are not a big number, but can this game really afford to keep bleeding subs?

Like to make sure we see all there is to see before moving on.

If the offer had been called 'Celebrating Sightseers', I'm sure you'd have been just fine. But it isn't. Sorry, I guess.

Well it is a move in the right direction, but the 30 days should have gone to anyone with a founders title period.

Didn't we already get an award for that? The Founder title. That'll be there as a visible badge of recognition long after the free month has come and gone.

Edited by smartalectwo

Thank you Bioware.

I allready passed for the initial prerequisit but its amazing that you are going further to please your fans.

As for those who keep complaining even after this. I cannot bring myself to understand you.

Its very rare to see such goodwill from any company. Regardless of context or strategy.

A fan.

Edited by Scalerender

i probably don't get to play enough to get this nice little perk, but you know what? at least they aren't like blizz and say, "oh well, suck it up, we can do what we want, like it or not, you will play."

and while yes, i understand that there are things people will always complain about with any mmo, how can you really complain about being any class of your favorite char from star wars? i mean, really? this game is beautiful. my first mmo was wow, and before that, rpgs only. online gameplay was for super nerds. i played wow cause ozzy said to do so, i loved wow when i played. but tor has really made me love mmo's now.

bioware has a great game here, and even if you don't qualify for the 30 day perk, like i won't, don't be a raging fool. if you love the game, love it, if you hate it, wow or rift or w/e is ====> way. feel free to leave the fun to those of us who love it cause we're fans first, players in the story second. good night folks.

Really? They will let me play Chewbacca or 3PO? Hell even Leia? Which ACs are those? I guess Lando is a smuggler, since there is no smuggling or gambling in the game anyway? Come to think of it why did the trailer bother showing cowboy hat man as some cracker-jack pilot when all it takes in the SWTOR universe is a couple of clicks to travel?

Giving in to whining encourages more of same.

You mean like your Early Access whinge a few months ago?

"Fanboyism is a disease and needs a 12 step program, your fist step is admiting you have a problem. "

"God forbid I should want to use something I paid for, or at least be given a time estimate of when I will get it. "

Clearly you've never whined about anything in this game.

Forgot this one:

"This is only the second time I have pre-ordered and will be the last, the first time was with Rift, and I got in and had no issues the first day of their head start. This time my money was taken like the first time, but I got nothing, not even a thanks sucker mail. At least let me know when I can expect to play, as it is they may as well just say I will get in whenever they feel like it. It's the complete lack of communication that pisses me off. "

Edited by CorellianWannabe

Well, we can live in the worry of what might be or we can live with what is.

You can choose to worry about the future over which you have no control or you can deal with the present.

If you are concerned that they might make another mistake, well, you're going to be focusing on the wrong thing. Why not enjoy the "now"? And if you cannot, perhaps doing something else with your spare time would be a better investment?

Or, Bioware could have easily said "we relized we made a mistake and we will do out best not to let this happen again."

This isn't about a "mistake". This is about a company that was perceived to "value" a certain segment of it's population over another. That is what I never want to see again.

Edited by Skoobie