Nerf Denova?

Anyone else think this place is really hard on story mode? I guess its all about understanding the mechanic, but realy seems way to hard. We, among other guilds on our server cant get past the first boss, even though we had a few 10% wipes. Most of our members are full columi/rakata geared too, so how can casual guilds get past the damage the first boss fight does, our healers cant keep up.

Denova DOES NOT need a nerf, look what they did to Soa, EV is a joke now and they still left the title in there? so now every guild on the server is running around with The Infernal title... when they nerfed Soa they should have taken the title out of the game. Denova is 2 weeks old go run KP and EV and get full rakata then try.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the aim of the game is to entertain people, is it really that hard to understand that not all people are entertained the same way?

Then don't raid new content. Do old stuff, or do something else. Do whatever makes you happy in this game, or go play another, I don't care, just stay away from the new content so we can enjoy it and keep the nerf monster away for awhile that all the bads try to summon through forum posts and that bioware will inevitably unleash on denova. Just let us have our fun for a few weeks.

Story mode Denova is meant for people in mostly rakata. It's the equivalent of nightmare Operations, but if you think Denova is too hard, you could gear up via HM EV and HM KP. You could even do nightmare KP for the black hole commendations or corellia dailies. So, if you're truly a casual, you should be able to casually gear up. Casual does not mean clearing all the operations with ease because if you're truly a casual, you shouldn't even be doing 3-4 hour operations(that's how long it takes to clear operations for the first time as opposed to hardcore which can finish things in 2 hours).

If you don't want to learn new fights, don't even do the fights at all, just farm corellia dailies.

Edited by Adelise

Story mode Denova is meant for people in mostly rakata. It's the equivalent of nightmare Operations, but if you think Denova is too hard, you could gear up via HM EV and HM KP. You could even do nightmare KP for the black hole commendations or corellia dailies. So, if you're truly a casual, you should be able to casually gear up. Casual does not mean clearing all the operations with ease because if you're truly a casual, you shouldn't even be doing 3-4 hour operations(that's how long it takes to clear operations for the first time as opposed to hardcore which can finish things in 2 hours).

If you don't want to learn new fights, don't even do the fights at all, just farm corellia dailies.

How does your post make any sense at all? Story mode EC is meant to be for people who have completed story mode EV/KP, nothing more. This is directly from the developers of the game. It currently does not follow this progression path. HM EC is meant for people that have completed HM EV/KP and NMM EC is supposed to be the hardest challenge in the game.

I don't understand why all you elistist people think story mode EC should be soulcrushingly hard bordering on impossible for a raid group that is only competant enough to do story mode EV/KP. I mean it is kind of funny reading post after post of people telling the story mode raider to go farm hardmode content in order to progress in story mode, but it stops being funny pretty quickly.

How does your post make any sense at all? Story mode EC is meant to be for people who have completed story mode EV/KP, nothing more. This is directly from the developers of the game. It currently does not follow this progression path. HM EC is meant for people that have completed HM EV/KP and NMM EC is supposed to be the hardest challenge in the game.

I don't understand why all you elistist people think story mode EC should be soulcrushingly hard bordering on impossible for a raid group that is only competant enough to do story mode EV/KP. I mean it is kind of funny reading post after post of people telling the story mode raider to go farm hardmode content in order to progress in story mode, but it stops being funny pretty quickly.

Actually, I'm a casual. We only do like 4-5 hours of raiding a week. Night mare EC does not exist. Story mode Explosive conflict is tier 2 and as Bioware said is suppose to be for people in full columi. You CAN do it in full columi, but if you want it easy, you should farm rakata. FYI, HM was nerfed to hell in 1.2. SOA who used to be a challenge is now a joke, even for people in less than full columi. Not to mention the augments that can now be given to every class, that's 100+ main stats for every class for just bracers, belt, weapons, and two pieces of gear. There's a total of 12 augments that can be given without any operations. That means columi can now be bumped up to rakata from pre 1.2 from augments alone.

Edited by Adelise

Meh I'm actually sick of replying now :p EC normal is tuned for people in full columi, which is what drops is story ev andkp. So in that sense its fine.

What's causing issues is that tactics bow have to be executed properly with few mistakes to kill a boss. And the issue is not with EC (because it ain't that complex or crazy) but with EV and KP. People have become used to the easyness that is EV and KP, and they simply need a bit of time to adapt their play and well start raiding the way its meant to be done.

Having said that it may get nerfed a bit in future, but I sincerely hope its not before nightmare is released. I'm all for 3 difficulties. But to satisfy everyone is difficult. Nightmare has to be hard enough to challenge the majority of hardcore raiders, and story has to be easy enough to be done by casual guilds.

And so without making the gap between all these difficulties massive, the players have to become a little bit better, but more than anything, more coordinated.

These bosses arnt much harder than some 4m content, its the coordination of more people that's required that brings the so called difficulty.

Yet in some way I do believe it should be a little bit easier so that people struggle a hit less, leaving Hardmode for the hardcore and semi hardcore guilds.

But again like I said, a lot of guilds who are casual - if its too easy, they will clear Story mode, and expecting HM to be he next step, will go into HM and get crushed! Do you suggest those guilds should be partly punished by the nerf too? Cause tbh is suspect they make up a larger majority of population than the people begging for a nerf

Not everyone considers wiping all night trying to learn the dance steps as fun. Many will come into this place wipe a half a dozen times and just quit raiding.

Weird. That's what I did one hour ago.

I find it hilarious that "normal mode" was changed to "story mode". Oh yeah, I can see that. :rolleyes:

inb4 elitist "hardcore" olololh4cKz0r raiders: I'm a WoW vet who had everything down on HM.

The reason I joined this game was to not wipe 3 hours on one boss anymore and shoot blood out of my ears while learning the fight, but to have casual fun with my gildies. That's what story mode is for, you have your hard modes, that's fine, stay there, I don't give a ****.

So, yeah, first boss, way too overtuned. For story mode. Don't tell me otherwise. Don't swim in my waters, I won't swim in your's, everyones happy.

Stay in your *******HM and don't claim story mode for yourself, which was made for an entirely different sort of player, you ****s.

Edited by Averran
language

But again like I said, a lot of guilds who are casual - if its too easy, they will clear Story mode, and expecting HM to be he next step, will go into HM and get crushed! Do you suggest those guilds should be partly punished by the nerf too? Cause tbh is suspect they make up a larger majority of population than the people begging for a nerf

It is a lot better for a guild to be crushed by HM after clearing story mode than to be crushed by what is supposed to be the next step in their progression. I am all for making people play better, but the gap is too wide between story mode EV/KP and story mode EC atm.

It is a lot better for a guild to be crushed by HM after clearing story mode than to be crushed by what is supposed to be the next step in their progression. I am all for making people play better, but the gap is too wide between story mode EV/KP and story mode EC atm.

Yep I do actually agree with you. And a lot of people tried to warn BW about this. End of the day it is Story EV and KP that is undertuned and always has been. They tried to make the opening tier easy for all the new players - and it makes sense, since they didn't just make the game for ex-WoW raiders but also for players new to MMOs entirely.

They could have very slowly raisd the difficulty bar with each new Raid and maybe we would never hear of it being too hard. BUT we DID complain about it being too easy - it wasn't just the hardcore, even Casual complained that it was too easy.

So BW did the only thing they could do - panicked slightly and upped the difficulty. So although it's still not that hard, Compared to EV/KP it has become half a world apart in difficulty.

Still, I honestly dont see them nerfing it till Nightmare is released, if ever. With the changes that are being made - new raiders who join guilds will be able to catch up Gear-wise using Story mode of raids or HM of Old raids, but essentially EV/KP will eventually become obsolete, which is probably the best thing for the overall Raiding scene in this game.

Weird. That's what I did one hour ago.

I find it hilarious that "normal mode" was changed to "story mode". Oh yeah, I can see that. :rolleyes:

inb4 elitist "hardcore" olololh4cKz0r raiders: I'm a WoW vet who had everything down on HM.

The reason I joined this game was to not wipe 3 hours on one boss anymore and shoot blood out of my ears while learning the fight, but to have casual fun with my gildies. That's what story mode is for, you have your hard modes, that's fine, stay there, I don't give a ****.

So, yeah, first boss, way too overtuned. For story mode. Don't tell me otherwise. Don't swim in my waters, I won't swim in your's, everyones happy.

Stay in your *******HM and don't claim story mode for yourself, which was made for an entirely different sort of player, you ****s.

Talk to the devs then, not us, we don't really care about your story mode either.

I thought it was tuned fine but we only did it to snag some blackhole comms. Nerf it into the ground for all we care, just leave hards alone.

Edited by Averran

Im pretty sure my raids full rakata but we seem to be pushing damage for timers during the last fight, given that the gear you get from comms is worse then rakata I kinda feel like we will either a/ not progress or b/ wipe on last boss for a while in hard mode just because of poor itemization. :mad:

Denova DOES NOT need a nerf, look what they did to Soa, EV is a joke now and they still left the title in there? so now every guild on the server is running around with The Infernal title... when they nerfed Soa they should have taken the title out of the game. Denova is 2 weeks old go run KP and EV and get full rakata then try.

Wait, did you just tell people to not try EC until they overgear it?

EC storymode drops Rakata - what's the point of banging your head running storymode if you already have the gear it drops?

Wait, did you just tell people to not try EC until they overgear it?

EC storymode drops Rakata - what's the point of banging your head running storymode if you already have the gear it drops?

Because obviously you are there for the "story"..........right?.......right?...........RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by Eddizel

Because obviously you are there for the "story"..........right?.......right?...........RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

We all know if gear was removed from raids, no one would do the raid at all unless it was completely faceroll.

If you must have a raid all decked out in Rakata before attempting EC storymode, then you have effectively removed the gear carrot from the raid. While some raiders will spend some time in there to see the sights and experience the wonders, that quickly wears off when silly mechanics operate in strange ways - like having 3 lightning spires spawn inside the bombardment shields on the tank bosses.

We all know if gear was removed from raids, no one would do the raid at all unless it was completely faceroll.

If you must have a raid all decked out in Rakata before attempting EC storymode, then you have effectively removed the gear carrot from the raid. While some raiders will spend some time in there to see the sights and experience the wonders, that quickly wears off when silly mechanics operate in strange ways - like having 3 lightning spires spawn inside the bombardment shields on the tank bosses.

If you have the entire raid decked out in rakata then you should probably start thinking about upping the difficulty a bit and shoot for the higher stuff. If they are still wiping hard on the bosses in story mode EC even after say a months release then I got some bad news for that raid.

I am in a fairly hardcore progression guild, I am sure we would do the raids whether they dropped loot or not, it is a different mindset.

That being said, my post was obviously sarcastic. The masses must have loot rained down upon them to remain happy :)

If you have the entire raid decked out in rakata then you should probably start thinking about upping the difficulty a bit and shoot for the higher stuff. If they are still wiping hard on the bosses in story mode EC even after say a months release then I got some bad news for that raid.

We actually started directly in HM EC just to see what it was like. Overall, I thought we did fairly well. On our 3rd attempt, we had Toth/Zorn down to 74% or so. Our second raid night, we decided to just go ahead and knock out our story mode quest - since we didn't believe we'd get credit for doing it in HM.

To me, minus a mechanic or two - it didn't really feel that much different. We killed Toth/Zorn but it certainly didn't feel like the step down that I was expecting from hard mode to story mode. As it is, I expect only a handful of raiders to complete storymode EC as it is right now.

Again, if you must have gear only acquired from hardmode EV/KP - then storymode EC seems out of place. I imagine there will be some nerfs to storymode.

I am in a fairly hardcore progression guild, I am sure we would do the raids whether they dropped loot or not, it is a different mindset.

That being said, my post was obviously sarcastic. The masses must have loot rained down upon them to remain happy :)

You might. Your Ops group might. It is highly unlikely though. From my experience, when the raid membership feels there is nothing left for them to "win" from the boss dying, they stop showing up.

I'll use my own ops group as an example here: we're often 1 DPS short for some strange reason. We have the numbers but for some reason that 8th spot is so hard to get a dedicated person to show up for. Nonetheless, for the last few weeks, our ops group repeatedly voted to try to recruit someone to continue doing hardmodes rather than raid normals for little gain. We have almost everything we could possibly want from normals - the same applies to most raiders, they are not going to continually expend the time, effort and repair costs to do "difficult" content for little gain.

I'm sure your ops group is the unique snowflake among all ops groups but that is how it has been in my decade of MMO / raiding experience.

EC story mode also drops black hole gear - tier above Rakata.

Storymode drops black hole commendations. The last boss reportedly drops a piece of Black hole but that hardly equates to being able to let on like someone is going to get geared out in Black Hole gear by doing storymode.

Realistically, you're going to get a handful of BH commendations and a truckload of Rakata pieces that only your companions need if you were doing EV/KP hardmodes.