Gearing help

dragonsaberatte

I'm currently trying to gear up my Juggernaut tank and DPS merc for PvE. Is there any tips and trick that I could use to gear quickly? Any help is appreciated. :)

In general, play the game. At level 70, do content with a high return of CXP per hour to get Command Crates as fast as possible, since these are your main source of end-game gear. Operations allow you a chance at "yellow" (the tier above purple) gear via tokens, and story mode Ops have good-but-not-perfect bolster to help you get started.

Prior to level 70, don't fuss about gear. Any non-PvP content you would normally do at levels below 70 (except, notoriously, certain Veteran mode flashpoints) will not require hugely strong gear.

I'm currently trying to gear up my Juggernaut tank and DPS merc for PvE. Is there any tips and trick that I could use to gear quickly? Any help is appreciated. :)

Before level 65: Use moddable gear and upgrade the mods as you go.

Level 66-69: Ask a friend or guildie to craft you 220 blue gears. You have total control over relic and implant too.

Level 70: Welcome to Galatic Command. Ask on fleet or google how to get cxp fast, which for rank 1 to 299 is probably the easiest way to gear up. When you reach 300 you should be in pretty good gear.

The quickest way to gear is running Ops, veteran if you can, but storymode is fine as well. You'll be in 236 (sm) or even 242 (vet) in no time, especially since most players running sm-ops don't need the 236 gear anymore, so you might end up with 2-3 pieces per run. It will take nowhere near the time to run a couple of ops than it would to level your gc-rank up to 300 and in ops, you can actually work on specific pieces compared to the gc-grind, where it's completly dependent on rng what piece of gear you get.

If you aim for BiS gear, you also want to do pvp/gsf so you can upgrade your 242 gear (gained from ops or in command crates) into 248 gear. Even if the grind for enough components seems very long, it'll still be much faster than to farm cxp after lvl 300 and pray to the rng-gods that they give you not only a 248-piece, but also one you not already have.

And by doing ops and pvp/gsf you'll also gain quite a lot of cxp and if you're lucky, you'll get something usefull in the crates which would make things go even faster.

If you are only concerned about PvE, there's no problem with gearing. Get both characters a set of "orange" mod-able gear for their base gear. As you progress through the game, occasionally go to the Fleet to upgrade your mods from the Modification Vendors. They sell "green" mods that are adequate for most situations. Also, as you travel through the game, you can use any armor pieces and/or mods (of any "color") that have better stats.

The Fleet vendors stop at around level 60, so after that you will mostly get better gear from drops.

For PvE there's no reason to be concerned about getting anything over about 230 rating gear at level 70. Yes, you can grind CXP to get even higher rating gear, but it's really not required for PvE. (It does make things a bit easier, of course.) It's only if you want to do PvP or high-end FPs and OPs that you need better gear.

You'll see a lot of people on here complaining about grinding CXP, but keep in mind that, other than getting better gear (and some other goodies like mounts), your Command Level does nothing to boost your character.