Who else wants to see HS and RR spamming stop?

"Can" and actually turning it are two totally different things. Flamethrower can also be interrupted, but I guess a lot of HS monkeys have never heard of such thing. Also passive aoe is pretty insignificant when dps keeps hitting the shielded guy with their biggest single target hits. Better to keep them where everyone can see them properly. I'm sure corner pull is a viable tactic in veteran mode, because none of them are shielded, just not the best way to go in MM.

This.

I have never done MM HS (just lucky?) but I do get it a lot in random vet modes and see this a bit at the last boss when he does is spray and pray. Everyone will be grouped up infront of him, nobody turns him, nobody gets out of the way, someone goes running for the kolto and gets pushed off the ledge while the others die....

Thankfully most of the time people get him started aiming away from teh group then move, or the group moves out of the way.

I have never done MM HS (just lucky?) but I do get it a lot in random vet modes and see this a bit at the last boss when he does is spray and pray. Everyone will be grouped up infront of him, nobody turns him, nobody gets out of the way, someone goes running for the kolto and gets pushed off the ledge while the others die....

For our viewing audience .... In both VM and HM, the main thing is to get "behind" the boss so that his knockback just pushes you up against the console there. Then you don't go over the edge and/or get knocked out of range.

"Can" and actually turning it are two totally different things. Flamethrower can also be interrupted, but I guess a lot of HS monkeys have never heard of such thing. Also passive aoe is pretty insignificant when dps keeps hitting the shielded guy with their biggest single target hits. Better to keep them where everyone can see them properly. I'm sure corner pull is a viable tactic in veteran mode, because none of them are shielded, just not the best way to go in MM.

I can only speak for my experience of course, and when im there i almost always tank. So flamethrower is handled properly (int/turning away etc). Only 1 guy is shielded at a time. So long and ur main target is someone who is not shielded it is fine, but brainded is braindead so whatcha gonna do about those ....

As such the passive aoe, better yet all out aoe is going to make the fight a lot quicker. Oh, this is MM of course, vets r horrendously dull with crappy rewards.

I don't generally mind HS and RR but oh boy the people who exclusively play them are terrible in other flashpoints. When Objective Meridian or Crisis On Umbara pops and the entire group are Hammer Station Academy graduates I know I'm in for a ride, they usually have no idea what they're doing. Easy flashpoints don't push you to learn your class properly and you just become a burden on others even if you're in full 306 gear that you slept through HS to get. I'd take a good player in Ossus 252 gear than Hammer Station noob in 306, honestly.

Also, yesterday was a funny example: a sorc with only HS achievement kept pulling me to the tunnel entrance during the first boss and told me I don't know how to tank. I didn't even need his healing I play sin and I can self cleanse and dcd everything the boss does...

Edited by Iffyluse

I don't generally mind HS and RR but oh boy the people who exclusively play them are terrible in other flashpoints. When Objective Meridian or Crisis On Umbara pops and the entire group are Hammer Station Academy graduates I know I'm in for a ride, they usually have no idea what they're doing. Easy flashpoints don't push you to learn your class properly and you just become a burden on others even if you're in full 306 gear that you slept through HS to get. I'd take a good player in Ossus 252 gear than Hammer Station noob in 306, honestly.

Also, yesterday was a funny example: a sorc with only HS achievement kept pulling me to the tunnel entrance during the first boss and told me I don't know how how to tank. I didn't even need his healing I play sin and I can self cleanse and dcd everything the boss does...

I just love it when people without a clue are telling others how to play... :D I shouldn't really laugh because it's sad, but I can't help it. :D

But yes, you nailed the problem in HS farming. You said they are terrible in other flashpoints, but I would say they are terrible in HS too, and yeah, you can tell it from the first boss fight. There is absolutely no reason to pull the droid into the cave. The fight and the FP is boring enough already, why make it even more boring.

Difficult for the melee players, it is. - Yoda

:)

Eh, Ops and PTs have a ranged basic attack, right? And Maras and Juggs can just saber throw. I think that low slash is 30m range now for Assasins... maybe.

In reality though, if you're a melee you should already have learned to dodge. And if you're a ranged you already have so many tools for ghosting through a GCD which is all the time you need to avoid the probes.

We're not referring to competent players here when we talk about HS/RR graduates.

personally, i prefer the short Fps. i cant stand the ones like blood hunt (because there are a lot of morons who cant get past the 2 mando bosses), KDY (lack of loot drops and it is too long, not to mention the droid boss that no one seems to understand to kill the adds), cademimu (the boss type droids that take forever to kill because people dont know to bop them off the edges), athiss (that one jump and the sith mobs that take forever if there is no cc to bypass, which someone invariably pulls anyway), manaan (you know the boss, the one that always wipes everyone because no one runs out of white goo)

personally, i prefer the short Fps. i cant stand the ones like blood hunt (because there are a lot of morons who cant get past the 2 mando bosses), KDY (lack of loot drops and it is too long, not to mention the droid boss that no one seems to understand to kill the adds), cademimu (the boss type droids that take forever to kill because people dont know to bop them off the edges), athiss (that one jump and the sith mobs that take forever if there is no cc to bypass, which someone invariably pulls anyway), manaan (you know the boss, the one that always wipes everyone because no one runs out of white goo)

Seeing as athiss and cad are both on my list of 'short and easy fp I can solo if I have to' : I assume you are one of the players who shouldn't que up for anything but hammer, and like to waste other players time by leaving a group short-handed.

If you are that picky about what flashpoints you want, just filter out them out and take the loss of the daily reward. You don't need it for gearing anyway, it's just a bonus.

Some people play the game for fun, not just speed gearing runs and that means if you que up for all the flashpoints, be prepared to run all the fp if a decent group pops.

Filter: use it.

Seems like some of you guys are new to swtor or maybe not that well-versed with how the group finder tool functions, there is actually an option to opt-out of certain flashpoints that you wish to not do (this naturally work with any other content that you would queue for like operations or uprisings) and you won't be put in groups who prefer to do hammer station or/and red reaper.

Perhaps not the easiest to find function but click on the group finder tab and readjust the filters as you wish :)

I don't mind getting the same flashpoints over and over even if it is quite annoying.

What annoy's the crap outta me is the just vast amount of difficulty curving their is for each flashpoints and mode.

Hammerstation on ether vet or master easy as pie, kuat well i hope the group is decent because those mobs are going to hurt because their is nothing else their to kill you and god help you if you get the jedi boss, fallen emp well i don't even think i need to speak of the mando boss he has been broken for years and every time they fix it i sware it only lasts like 5 days before he breaks again.

I understand that master mode is ment to be the harder one but honestly i find doing master easier then doing vets nowadays for a few reasons, 1 when you are tanking the boss no one ever hits the damn kolto tanks to heal you i mean seriously i'm holding the boss in place you are right next to the damn thing hit it to help a teammate out, 2 the aggro is just wonky if you ever play a healer in vet you know what i'm on about the moment you cast 1 heal it's almost like every mob in the area just looks at you and just goes oh no you didn't just heal this guy we are trying to kill it's your turn and just proceeds to starting melting you.

when you are tanking the boss no one ever hits the damn kolto tanks to heal you i mean seriously i'm holding the boss in place you are right next to the damn thing hit it to help a teammate out

To be fair, its actually good etiquette to leave the koltos for the 'tank' to hit themselves. Triggering a kolto is a massive initial heal on the person who triggered it with a powerful hot left on all members of the group. It also helps cement aggro on the tank which is nice for the squishier classes.

And yeah, the Jindo Krey isn't hard, he's just bugged to all hell. If they ever fix that fight in a manner which keeps it fixed, False Emperor will be one of the easiest flashpoints again.

Yeah i get that but the annoying thing is that most groups will ether never use 1, use all of them at once or only use them at the end of fight.

It's gotten to the point that i now just sit on one and will only move if i damn well have to and even then i leave my teleport marker on one (been playing alot of sniper and sorc lately) and even then some bosses take up so much space i can't even click the kolto anyway.

I've had to yell at so meny groups now to use the damn things when they see someone nearly dead to get them to do anything which i don't like doing, i never like to yell at people in a video game to get them to do something which is a pretty obvious thing to do the person corrently getting their teeth kicked might need some healing lets use a kolto tank instead of them just look at you and go like *** you want me to do about it.

Yeah i get that but the annoying thing is that most groups will ether never use 1, use all of them at once or only use them at the end of fight.

It's gotten to the point that i now just sit on one and will only move if i damn well have to and even then i leave my teleport marker on one (been playing alot of sniper and sorc lately) and even then some bosses take up so much space i can't even click the kolto anyway.

I've had to yell at so meny groups now to use the damn things when they see someone nearly dead to get them to do anything which i don't like doing, i never like to yell at people in a video game to get them to do something which is a pretty obvious thing to do the person corrently getting their teeth kicked might need some healing lets use a kolto tank instead of them just look at you and go like *** you want me to do about it.

Yeah, but as the above poster said, it's really best that the person with the low health get the kolto. It's a veteran FP - don't be overly concerned with tanking. The FPs can be done with just four DPS, so don't worry about losing agro, etc.

The only problem is the times when the boss is so large, it blocks you from clicking on the Kolto.

Seeing as athiss and cad are both on my list of 'short and easy fp I can solo if I have to' : I assume you are one of the players who shouldn't que up for anything but hammer, and like to waste other players time by leaving a group short-handed.

aww look at you trying to be all condescending and making false assumptions because there are no repercussions for being stupid

Ooooh, and the best way to improve rewards vs time would be to add more deco drops.

Because DECOS.

Seriously though. Replayability is a concern. And at this point we've been running some of the same FPs for half a decade or more.

The flashpoints could use a secondary system of a harder difficulty mode or a couple unique mobs tossed into the fp with some variable buff combinations to make the fights a little more engaging.

And if they buffed the difficulty a tad they could put something really nasty into Hammer as a giant middle finger to everyone who can only run Hammer.

A lad can dream, right?