Legacy System

jedi_exile

Hi all, i'm new to the game and just hit Level 35 and unlock legacy, i wanna know all about the system, if any of you know about some guides that explain the legacy system please share a link. like i said i'm new and wanna know all the pottencial of the legacy system. Thanks!

If, by chance, your first toon is not human, it is worth is to save up 500k to buy the unlock.

Humans that reach 50, or buy the unlock, gain +100 Presence to all toons within the legacy.

Also, each companion within each of the 8 stories will give a +10 Presence boost across all toons.

Presence affects how well your companions fight, so at lower levels, your companion can almost solo content.

The benefit is less noticeable as you gain levels, but it still helps.

Just look at the options available. Most of it is self explanatory.

Character perks are for an individual character, while the other stuff is legacy-wide.

You want a mailbox on your ship? Buy it. Not a whole lot there to figure out.

The character unlocks pass benefits to all your characters on the server. So it's worth getting various classes to certain levels. When you get each character class to chapter 3 (I think) the 60 minute class buff is passed to all other characters. Maxing out races, and companions pass on additional benefits.

Just be aware that some unlocks are for individual characters and other unlocks are for all characters, like the email on the ship deal will be on all ships in legacy, but XP boosts for Discovery/Class missions/Flashpoints etc... are individual and will need to be bought on a per toon basis, I think those are particularly useful, early on especially. Once you've made one toon to 50th I think it would be nice to have the road to 50th quicker, less grindy, and will let you enjoy the storyline more. Just be sure to pick what you want carefully so you're not wasting credits, for instance I don't do Flashpoints/PvP so I haven't and don't intend to invest in getting the xp boost for those anytime soon, I'll do it eventually but it's not high priority.

Think of your first alt having a speeder at level 10. With a Jedi Knight that translates, at least for me, into having it while still on Tython. Makes for the level 10-25 running around missions so much easier.