Maintenance: 12 December 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, December 12th in order to apply Game Update 5.6.1. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 12 December 2017

TIME: 4:00AM - 10:00AM PST (1200 - 1800 GMT)

VERSION: 5.6.1

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Theron thing has dragged out way too long already. :(

Theron will be like HK-55. To get him back, you'll have to be a sub on Jan 11, 2018.*

As an added incentive, if you subscribe from Jan 31, 2018 through Aug 1, 2018, you will get to play a bonus chapter to play as Theron and find out what he did, first-hand, following Umbara.* **

Blah, blah, blah, legalese disclaimers:

*Is totally a lie. And any complaints will result in banishment to Hoth.

**Any lapse, even as little as 5 minutes, will disqualify your account from this chapter. We may decide you don't get it anyway, in which case, see (*) above. Any future threads requesting this companion, or bonus chapter, will result in forum banishment for trolling.

Important question @Eric!

Will the patch also include Twi'lek, Togruta and Rattataki races into the three new eye colours from the new Expanded Selections appearance customization bundle? Mirialans and Cathar got the new eye colours, it almost seems a bug that the Twi'lek, Togruta and Rattataki weren't also included. As I see no reason why they shouldn't be included as it seems to me as if they have the same eye design as the other species.

Eye fix!

Why do people get so "excited" about such a minor absolutely and totally irrelevant issue!?! I didn't even notice lol.

I don't get it given the almost endless list of serious issues and possible improvemtns within the game (guild tools!!! just for instance - why the heck does a guild leader get no info about joining and leaving members, etc. etc. etc.).

The guild tool and much more are a joke, not some minor "eye issue".

Why do people get so "excited" about such a minor absolutely and totally irrelevant issue!?! I didn't even notice lol.

I don't get it given the almost endless list of serious issues and possible improvemtns within the game (guild tools!!! just for instance - why the heck does a guild leader get no info about joining and leaving members, etc. etc. etc.).

You might have heard that cutscenes are an important thing in SWTOR and that 5.6 introduced a new flashpoint - with new cutscenes! Eyes are incredibly important for expressing emotion and messing them up costs immersion dearly.

So, no, it's not a minor issue. For another MMO maybe, but not SWTOR.

Something may be irrelevant to you... but that doesn't mean the same applies to others. The look of my character's eyes is a rather important one as I am a story-lover and watch the cutscenes with great interest (despite the fact I see them for the gazillionth time). It's therefore important to me that my character's eyes look nice and good, which frankly the new design does. I love the new eye design! But I do see room for improvement.

However, I do urge the devs to include Twi'lek, Togruta and Rattataki into the new eye colours from the new Expanded Selections bundle available on the Cartel Market. I just don't understand why they were excluded, I really am hoping for an answer regarding this because I have absolutely no idea what makes Twi'lek, Togruta and Rattataki so different that they weren't included into the three new eye colours. Why? What was the reason? I am still baffled at the fact that Mirialan got them, Cathar got their own unique design, but Twi'lek, Togruta and Rattataki were excluded... why? There seems to be no logical reason as to why they were excluded, I just can't wrap my head around it.

Edited by Ylliarus

The relevancy is that premium eye colors were changed. If you paid CC for something and they changed it, wouldn't that piss you off? Troll somewhere else, tyvm.

You might have heard that cutscenes are an important thing in SWTOR and that 5.6 introduced a new flashpoint - with new cutscenes! Eyes are incredibly important for expressing emotion and messing them up costs immersion dearly.

So, no, it's not a minor issue. For another MMO maybe, but not SWTOR.

Indeed ^. Until there's a fix, I stopped playing the class stories and anything that has cut scenes in it.

Thanks Ptach the mighty!

Character eye colors should now be restored to their pre-Game Update 5.6 colors.

Does that mean we're back to the old type of eyes, or that yellow eyes are actually yellow instead of green?:rak_02:

Edited by Eshvara