Star Cluster and Vertica pack drop changes???!!!

Hey I came back to the game about a month ago after a year or so away. I remember VIVIDLY that the Armor in these two packs dropped as FULL SETS... Now I see them hit the Cartel Market without any mention of any sort of change, I buy a Hypercrate, start opening them and I am left in literal shock... Not one full set... Instead replacing the full sets are INDIVIDUAL PIECES???!!!! SERIOUSLY???!!! How can you NOT tell the community that these ARE NOT the same packs they were when they debuted???!! I submitted a ticket for a refund but to me if you as a company are going to bring back old packs, which is awesome, THEN BRING THEM BACK AS THEY ORIGINALLY WERE!!! Not this penny pinching one armor piece GARBAGE!

Hey I came back to the game about a month ago after a year or so away. I remember VIVIDLY that the Armor in these two packs dropped as FULL SETS... Now I see them hit the Cartel Market without any mention of any sort of change, I buy a Hypercrate, start opening them and I am left in literal shock... Not one full set... Instead replacing the full sets are INDIVIDUAL PIECES???!!!! SERIOUSLY???!!! How can you NOT tell the community that these ARE NOT the same packs they were when they debuted???!! I submitted a ticket for a refund but to me if you as a company are going to bring back old packs, which is awesome, THEN BRING THEM BACK AS THEY ORIGINALLY WERE!!! Not this penny pinching one armor piece GARBAGE!

From memory those packs dropped the Upper, Lower and Supplementary boxes of certain armours and individual pieces of the "ultra rare" armour sets.

I've never ever known those packs to drop complete sets. I still have individual pieces of the Temple Guardian set floating around, multiples of bracers, boots etc that I couldn't sell for love nor money.

I could be wrong but I honestly don't think they ever dropped complete sets. That's why those hypercrates were such a gamble. :(

Hey I came back to the game about a month ago after a year or so away. I remember VIVIDLY that the Armor in these two packs dropped as FULL SETS...(...)

You VIVIDLY remember incorrectly. Those packs never dropped full sets (if you mean that they come in one box). No pack did and does (except the Grand Chance Cubes and certain new packs like Gold Armor Packs and the likes). Most of, if not all, of the armors in SC and CV packs came as indiviual pieces and are super rare; rarer drop rates than in the packs before those two. That's how it was back in the days.

Please stop spreading wrong information (you posted your false accusation in two threads). Thank you.

Edited by JattaGin

**EDIT: I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Grand Nightlife Pack that was first released just under a year after the original Nightlife Packs. That one had full armor sets, but a significantly higher price-point.**

Vivid or not, your memory is incorrect. The original Nightlife Packs always had the Upper / Lower / Supplemental boxes for some armors and individual pieces for others. If you want proof just go back to the posts from when they were first released (summer 2014) and see the posts where people were bringing up the disparity in drop rates between different pieces within the same sets (that's what led to the Rectified Brawler and Amended Mystic sets being released, because when it came to the Nimble Brawler and Ceremonial Mystic sets, the Nightlife Packs would drop a metric ton of Lower Body Armor boxes, but almost no Upper or Supplemental boxes).

Couple examples of threads discussing the original Packs and the individual pieces / U/L/S boxes:

Question Regarding: Disparity in Drop Rates for Armor Boxes Of The Same Set

Star Cluster Nightlife Pack item chances

Edited by DarthDymond

Feel better now?

Unfortunately... your memory is flawed on this topic, which makes your entire rant and demands moot.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to add some clarification to the topic, just to avoid any further confusion. The Star Cluster's Nightlife pack and the Club Vertica's Nightlife pack both operate the same way as all standard packs. They drop armor sets in Upper, Lower, and Supplementary boxes except for rare armor sets, such as Tulak Hord, which drop as individual pieces.

There is a compilation pack called the Grand Nightlife pack which we release from time to time that works differently. That is a "best of" pack and drops armor in full set boxes. The two packs on the market right now do not work this way, they drop armor in the standard fashion listed at the top of this post.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

-eric

PS - vivid

Hey folks,

I wanted to add some clarification to the topic, just to avoid any further confusion. The Star Cluster's Nightlife pack and the Club Vertica's Nightlife pack both operate the same way as all standard packs. They drop armor sets in Upper, Lower, and Supplementary boxes except for rare armor sets, such as Tulak Hord, which drop as individual pieces.

There is a compilation pack called the Grand Nightlife pack which we release from time to time that works differently. That is a "best of" pack and drops armor in full set boxes. The two packs on the market right now do not work this way, they drop armor in the standard fashion listed at the top of this post.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

-eric

PS - vivid

Thanks Eric, appreciate the clarification, especially since so many others need it to. :)

What a strange topic to choose to respond to Eric ... as this one was answered by the community if not rather rudely, perhaps that's why you stepped in. ;)

You seriously complain about a yellow reply? The most requested feature on this board for years? I don't understand you. Be happy about it! :) While players gave replies, it might well be that something did change of which we were unaware of. Now we know that what was written, was correct. I appreciate Eric's clarification.

I also don't think there were rude responses. Maybe the discussion got a bit mean, but not rude. The OP was kinda rude though, imho.

You seriously complain about a yellow reply? The most requested feature on this board for years? I don't understand you. Be happy about it! :) While players gave replies, it might well be that something did change of which we were unaware of. Now we know that what was written, was correct. I appreciate Eric's clarification.

^^ Agree.

I also don't think there were rude responses. Maybe the discussion got a bit mean, but not rude. The OP was kinda rude though, imho.

Yep... you could almost feel the emotional outburst in the original post as he tried to ply us with "alternate facts".

As is often the case in the forum, the OP reaped what he sowed.

Edited by Andryah

You seriously complain about a yellow reply? The most requested feature on this board for years?
2nd most...Alec takes first place with Traditional Jedi Robes...but better communication and interaction is a close 2nd ;)

Man, I never buy packs... anymore. There was a time where my wife and I would both get two hypercrates and between us we would pretty much get everything we wanted. We sold what we didn't use and had credits to burn.

Then they got rid of Cartel Certificates, Reputation, etc. and it seemed like we'd open up packs filled with vendor trash or weird boosts that we couldn't even vendor or sell. We only buy direct sale items now or buy stuff with credits. The packs are just so super desperate and scammy now.